By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tekken Producer Says People Are Focussing Too Much On Wii U Specs

S.T.A.G.E. said:

If you like the circle pad perhaps the 360 version is best for you. :)

Nah the 360 has analog sticks. I'm waiting for the WiiU versions

Edit: Nevermind, they made the retarded decision to update the WiiUpad design and replaced the circle pads with joysticks. Oh well, 3DS it is :)

Baha, I'm kidding, wherever I get the best experience is where I'll be, so I'll keep an eye on the WiiU versions coming up, and if that's not enough for me I'll change.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Cobretti2 said:
happydolphin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I like the Wii U tech, don't get me wrong, but it is going to have to prove itself going head to head with an already established generation. Will people fork out more money to buy a console just to play current gen games or will they wait until 2013? Your guess is as good as mine. I say the hardcore will do the latter. Nintendo has to win back a crowd they let go of. Namco is going to get caught in the confusion with Tekken. Thats all. I could be wrong, but it just seems that way.

We could have said the same thing about the 360 when it tried to get a portion of the Playstation market. If Nintendo wants a piece of the market, this is where they need to start. You may not believe people will bite, but at least they're offering it.

Had they not offered, you would have probably said that Nintendo is failing to capture the core gamer market. So it's damned if you do damned if you don't. As for confusion, you're right Namco doesn't get caught into confusion, they just make their games and tell the fans to shut up (as OP shows), because they finally realized they were constant complainers.

But to understand, what would it mean for Namco to get caught in the confusion with Tekken? Is Tekken on WiiU a case of getting caught in the confusion? If so, TTT2 would seem to show the opposite.

So I'm not sure about all this.

Fair point you make.

One thning that has not be considered in this argument is that Nintendo console are family oriented. Meaning kids growup with Nintendo.

Once these kids turn 13-15 they usually switch to xbox or playstation to get the figher games (and mature games) that have been lacking on Nintendo consoles.

If Nintendo can provide these opitions early enough along with other mature titles, then these kids turning into young adults will have no reason to switch consoles provided there is enough variety offered for them on WiiU. 

Effectively Nintendo needs to start building its own loyal adult base from the upcoming generation of young adults. Rather than focus on winning back those who already made up their mind that Nintendo sucks.

lol Nintendo already the youth to COD. Hate kids on Xbox Live.

That they have.

I am talking more long term, the ones who are now 10-12. If NIntendo can provide them with a steady line up of good 3rd party games throughut the lifespan of the WiiU there would be no reason for them to move on.

Saying that the road will nto be easy for them. They will need to work hard and not let the ball drop like the Wii at the end. In all hoestly Wii should have sold 150 million units by now but Nintendo let it die.

Cobretti2 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Cobretti2 said:
happydolphin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I like the Wii U tech, don't get me wrong, but it is going to have to prove itself going head to head with an already established generation. Will people fork out more money to buy a console just to play current gen games or will they wait until 2013? Your guess is as good as mine. I say the hardcore will do the latter. Nintendo has to win back a crowd they let go of. Namco is going to get caught in the confusion with Tekken. Thats all. I could be wrong, but it just seems that way.

We could have said the same thing about the 360 when it tried to get a portion of the Playstation market. If Nintendo wants a piece of the market, this is where they need to start. You may not believe people will bite, but at least they're offering it.

Had they not offered, you would have probably said that Nintendo is failing to capture the core gamer market. So it's damned if you do damned if you don't. As for confusion, you're right Namco doesn't get caught into confusion, they just make their games and tell the fans to shut up (as OP shows), because they finally realized they were constant complainers.

But to understand, what would it mean for Namco to get caught in the confusion with Tekken? Is Tekken on WiiU a case of getting caught in the confusion? If so, TTT2 would seem to show the opposite.

So I'm not sure about all this.

Fair point you make.

One thning that has not be considered in this argument is that Nintendo console are family oriented. Meaning kids growup with Nintendo.

Once these kids turn 13-15 they usually switch to xbox or playstation to get the figher games (and mature games) that have been lacking on Nintendo consoles.

If Nintendo can provide these opitions early enough along with other mature titles, then these kids turning into young adults will have no reason to switch consoles provided there is enough variety offered for them on WiiU. 

Effectively Nintendo needs to start building its own loyal adult base from the upcoming generation of young adults. Rather than focus on winning back those who already made up their mind that Nintendo sucks.

lol Nintendo already the youth to COD. Hate kids on Xbox Live.

That they have.

I am talking more long term, the ones who are now 10-12. If NIntendo can provide them with a steady line up of good 3rd party games throughut the lifespan of the WiiU there would be no reason for them to move on.

Saying that the road will nto be easy for them. They will need to work hard and not let the ball drop like the Wii at the end. In all hoestly Wii should have sold 150 million units by now but Nintendo let it die.

I agree. This is exactly why Nintendo lost me when I as younger. I think the youth will be segmented across the competition because the Playstation/360 crowd are more competitive. Nintendo needs some new IP's man.

happydolphin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

If you like the circle pad perhaps the 360 version is best for you. :)

Nah the 360 has analog sticks. I'm waiting for the WiiU versions

Edit: Nevermind, they made the retarded decision to update the WiiUpad design and replaced the circle pads with joysticks. Oh well, 3DS it is :)

Baha, I'm kidding, wherever I get the best experience is where I'll be, so I'll keep an eye on the WiiU versions coming up, and if that's not enough for me I'll change.

lol Come on Happy...let me whip your ass in Tekken. PS3 or 360 version. Im sure you have a primary console version as well before you use the DS. :)

S.T.A.G.E. said:

lol Come on Happy...let me whip your ass in Tekken. PS3 or 360 version. Im sure you have a primary console version as well before you use the DS. :)

Haha :) I suck at Tekken but I'm okay at Street Fighter. Wanna play me at that? The only guy I know how to play is Jin and even there I suck with him :)

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Cobretti2 said:

That they have.

I agree. This is exactly why Nintendo lost me when I as younger. I think the youth will be segmented across the competition because the Playstation/360 crowd are more competitive. Nintendo needs some new IP's man.

I really think they can use Nintendoland to brainwash the kids to learn about the Nintendo current IPs they have in the intermin to get them by.

However agreed that they need new IPS in the mid to long term (or rather some old familiar ones, hence why I was hoping the rumor to buy RARE's old IPs would come true).

Personally I am stoked Ninja Gaiden is returning to a Nintendo console, however I played the latest on PS3 so not like it will be a good game. This would be a fgood franchise for Nintendo to get invovled in directly to stear it into a good direction.

zarx said:
lilbroex said:

Touched a nerve? Not at all. Just stating a redundant fact.

Its called aliasing. Saying jaggies sounds so uneducated. How exactly can you say it has more alasing without compaing it to a screenshot of the other version in the exact same area?

I guess you are just naturally rude then.

Yea but most people just call em jaggies, so I am used to using the term these days. People tend to know what you mean when you say jaggies, where as a lot of people don't know what aliasing means.

And it is the same level just turned a bit, it would be impossible to get a screen that is the exact same as the Wii U version has elements that are exclusive to that version. If you compair them at native res and look at the background it's clear that the PS3 version is blurred where as the Wii U version it's sharp and has very obvious aliasing especially on the stone arch. The characters are a different story as both versions have aliasing, making me think it may be a DoF effect. But there does seem to be some edges that have less aliasing than I would expect in the PS3 version but that could be down to other factors, which makes me think they may be using a lite post AA effect like MLAA.

A couple more PS3 screens for comparison

If you know of any more native Wii U screens for comparison that would be great, I can only find downscaled ones. 

Given that they have some spare GPU time on Wii U I am sure they will have the effect added in time for launch. And I hope they can use some of the extra GPU resources to add some anisotropic filtering, because that would really help the presentation. 

You didn't look at my last post throurly apparently. As I just pointed out. Everything you are posting as a negative in the WIi U version is even worse in the PS3 version.

Both of those screenshots I posted were from the PS3.

Cobretti2 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Cobretti2 said:

That they have.

I really think they can use Nintendoland to brainwash the kids to learn about the Nintendo current IPs they have in the intermin to get them by.

However agreed that they need new IPS in the mid to long term (or rather some old familiar ones, hence why I was hoping the rumor to buy RARE's old IPs would come true).

Personally I am stoked Ninja Gaiden is returning to a Nintendo console, however I played the latest on PS3 so not like it will be a good game. This would be a fgood franchise for Nintendo to get invovled in directly to stear it into a good direction.

I wish they would let Nintendo keep the ashes of Ninja Gaiden and sega sell the IP of Shinobi to Sony. The last Shinobi was badass on the PS2.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I wish they would let Nintendo keep the ashes of Ninja Gaiden and sega sell the IP of Shinobi to Sony. The last Shinobi was badass on the PS2.

What is it with you wanting Nintendo to get the scraps and give sony the "badass" games.

happydolphin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

What is it with you wanting Nintendo to get the scraps and give sony the "badass" games.

Tis called console fanatacism I believe.

The very logic behind givng Nitendo a game and giving Sony a game, each of which is made by and owned by different third parties, is completely ludicrous.

Shinobi on the PS2 was overhyped and turned out ot be mediocre. It got average ratings accross the board. Ninja Gaiden, on the other handm received very high ratings across the board. Of course without Itagaki heading the series anymore, it has fallen into the toilet.

I would rather the WIi U get the Devil's Third to itself if we were going to go that route, but I'm not a greedy console elitest. I say everyone should be able to play so long as its made to take advange of the stronger features in the hardware.