By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Dark Knight Rises vs Dark Knight?

Which film did you like better?

Dark Knight Rises 30 31.58%

Dark Knight 43 45.26%

Tie 6 6.32%

See the Results 13 13.68%

Total:92
pezus said:
Darth Tigris said:
pezus said:
Darth Tigris said:

Translation:  I am Batman fanboy that can't be convinced that anything is better than The Dark Knight Rises no matter how much logic and facts that you use.

There.  I just saved everybody a ton of time trying to convince the unconvincible.  Next up, Doritos!!!  

I'm sorry but where are the facts? He absolutely could not have cut an hour from the film and still had it as good, or better as some of you are suggesting. This is just a ridiculous notion.

That's not what I was referring to.  I was referring to this notion that TDKR is deep and meaningful while The Avengers is just entertaining fluff.  It's factually incorrect and condescending.  Why do people have to down something else to prop up what they like?  It's immature and lacks character.

Well I do not know about that. But what I do know is that TDKR felt more meaningful than The Avengers to me. The Avengers was a good film, heck maybe even great, but not as good as TDKR or any of Nolan's Batman films. 

And while people keep mentioning villains in here, the villain in The Avengers was pretty bad to say the least. 

So here's what I think overall about the films, in short form.

Avengers:

Good - Action, humor, many of the characters (Iron Man especially), Scarlett's ass

Worse - Main plot, villain(s), soundtrack (forgettable), the death scene (of a nobody) that was supposed to be emotional

Batman:

Good - Story and the way it is told, villain(s), Batman, Michael Caine, a fitting and bombastic soundtrack (memorable character themes), Anne's ass

Worse - Some minor plot holes that have no effect on the overall plot. Nothing else I can think of because I thought the film was shockingly astounding

Why do people have to down something else to prop up what they like?  It's immature and lacks character. 

Around the Network

I was completely lost in the world of DKR, it was amazing

pezus said:
Darth Tigris said:
pezus said:

Well I do not know about that. But what I do know is that TDKR felt more meaningful than The Avengers to me. The Avengers was a good film, heck maybe even great, but not as good as TDKR or any of Nolan's Batman films. 

And while people keep mentioning villains in here, the villain in The Avengers was pretty bad to say the least. 

Avengers:

Good - Action, humor, many of the characters (Iron Man especially), Scarlett's ass

Worse - Main plot, villain(s), soundtrack (forgettable), the death scene (of a nobody) that was supposed to be emotional

Batman:

Good - Story and the way it is told, villain(s), Batman, Michael Caine, a fitting and bombastic soundtrack (memorable character themes), Anne's ass

Worse - Some minor plot holes that have no effect on the overall plot. Nothing else I can think of because I thought the film was shockingly astounding

Why do people have to down something else to prop up what they like?  It's immature and lacks character. 

What? I was giving my thoughts about both films. 

You do know you're in a thread that asks people which they find better, TDKR or Avengers. So it is inevitable to make direct comparisons. I even said The Avengers was good to great...

If I wanted to, I could do a detailed breakdown of things that work well and not so well in each movie, but I've avoiding it.  Why?  Because, like BB and especially TDK before it, the more I think about TDKR some glaring horrible problems start coming up and I'd rather not go there because I liked that I rather enjoyed it.  But when people start throwing rotten eggs at TA's real and perceived 'flaws' and are so blind to the ones in TDKR it annoys me and keeps pushing me to be the villain.  But I'm resisting, because TDKR was an awesome experience that first time and I'm still wanting to cherish that.

Darth Tigris said:
pezus said:
Darth Tigris said:
pezus said:

Avengers:

Batman:

What? I was giving my thoughts about both films. 

You do know you're in a thread that asks people which they find better, TDKR or Avengers. So it is inevitable to make direct comparisons. I even said The Avengers was good to great...

If I wanted to, I could do a detailed breakdown of things that work well and not so well in each movie, but I've avoiding it.  Why?  Because, like BB and especially TDK before it, the more I think about TDKR some glaring horrible problems start coming up and I'd rather not go there because I liked that I rather enjoyed it.  But when people start throwing rotten eggs at TA's real and perceived 'flaws' and are so blind to the ones in TDKR it annoys me and keeps pushing me to be the villain.  But I'm resisting, because TDKR was an awesome experience that first time and I'm still wanting to cherish that.

Maybe some people found bits and parts of the Avengers not to be so great and Dark Knight Rises near or flawless and vice versa. Some things that you might have called flaws other people might think it only makes the story more nitresting. The point is everyone has their own opinions and please respect that. And no one is really stopping you from making a detailed breakdown...I'm actually encourging it.

1.  Learn to "cut" stuff out of your paragraphs, that wall of text, ain't doing any of us any good.

2.  Half of Avengers was them fighting amongst themselves for the sake of fighting amongst themselves, very little of that progressed the plot; which was Loki getting his army.

3.  Lots happened after the plane hijacking, plot point 1: Bruce becomes poor.  Plot  point 2: Batman loses to Bane.  Plot  point 3: Gotham falls into chaos while evil "rises".  Plot point 4: Batman comes back and "rises" from his defeat.  Plot point 5:  "Batman's kicking some serious ass down there".  Plot 6: Bruce "sacrifices" himself to turn "Batman" into something more than just a man, turn Batman into a "legend", which comes back full circle to Batman Begins.

1. The Avengers weren't fighting among themselves for the sake of fighting among themselves.  They were one-man super heroes being thrusted into a team dynamic for the first time.  One man shows don't always co-exist you know?  Or, do you not follow sports at all?  Or read any military history?   Wars have been lost because people on the same side couldn't get along, take orders from someone else, or share the limelight.  And yes, that was integral to the plot of the formation of "The Avengers", which was the name of the movie after all.

2. Your plot synopsis of DKR sounds an awful lot like Rocky 5. 

Around the Network
Mandalore76 said:

1.  Learn to "cut" stuff out of your paragraphs, that wall of text, ain't doing any of us any good.

2.  Half of Avengers was them fighting amongst themselves for the sake of fighting amongst themselves, very little of that progressed the plot; which was Loki getting his army.

3.  Lots happened after the plane hijacking, plot point 1: Bruce becomes poor.  Plot  point 2: Batman loses to Bane.  Plot  point 3: Gotham falls into chaos while evil "rises".  Plot point 4: Batman comes back and "rises" from his defeat.  Plot point 5:  "Batman's kicking some serious ass down there".  Plot 6: Bruce "sacrifices" himself to turn "Batman" into something more than just a man, turn Batman into a "legend", which comes back full circle to Batman Begins.

2. Your plot synopsis of DKR sounds an awful lot like Rocky 5. 

Hahahahaha thats actually true xD

I prefer the Avengers over the TDKR and this is coming from a person that is a huge Batman fan over any of the superheroes in Avengers. Although the two movies are vastly different except being based off of comic books,Avengers just does what it intends to be as a movie better than what TDKR rises intends to be as it own movie ,for me at least. If that makes sense to anyone.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

pezus said:
Darth Tigris said:
pezus said:
Darth Tigris said:

Translation:  I am Batman fanboy that can't be convinced that anything is better than The Dark Knight Rises no matter how much logic and facts that you use.

There.  I just saved everybody a ton of time trying to convince the unconvincible.  Next up, Doritos!!!  

I'm sorry but where are the facts? He absolutely could not have cut an hour from the film and still had it as good, or better as some of you are suggesting. This is just a ridiculous notion.

That's not what I was referring to.  I was referring to this notion that TDKR is deep and meaningful while The Avengers is just entertaining fluff.  It's factually incorrect and condescending.  Why do people have to down something else to prop up what they like?  It's immature and lacks character.

Avengers:

Batman:

Oh hell no, now I know you have a problem with blindness when it comes to this movie. The villains in TDKR was absolutely pathetic. Obviously spoilers from here on down.

You build up Bane, he is awesome, he got out of a pit, he has ideals and ideas. He's badass, even too much or Ra's. Then in the last 15 minutes you learn he is just a little bitch that just follows some dumb bitch. He is nothing, he is worthless. He has no ideas, he has no point, all his ramblings are absolutely removed when you find out about Talia. He isn't smart, he isn't badass, he ins't awesome. He's just some muscle who got kicked out of an order because he wanted to fuck the headmaster's daughter. Pathetic, it's absolutely insulting towards Knightfall's Bane.

Now Talia on the other hand, you see her for a total of 20 minutes, and I can sum up her entire character in 1 quote. "You killed my dad, whine whine whine, bitch bitch bitch, complain complain."

The villains in TDKR are absolutely terrible, both of them.

Edit: The best villain in this movie was Liam Neeson, and that should tell you a lot considering that happened 2 movies ago.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

expect the next batman reboot to be more like the 1989 film than the christopher nolan films.

and that's why superman works alone.