By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Dark Knight Rises vs Dark Knight?

Which film did you like better?

Dark Knight Rises 30 31.58%

Dark Knight 43 45.26%

Tie 6 6.32%

See the Results 13 13.68%

Total:92
d21lewis said:
Bane is Darth Vader. Bad ass guy with a robot voice who's really scarred beneath his mask and crushes people's throats like they're nothing. Also, he works for someone wearing a dress.

The villains in Avengers are the Battle Droids from Episode 1: They're pretty much just cannon fodder for the heroes to mow throw and not really much of a threat. They all fall dead as soon as their control ship is taken out. Also, they're just tools given to somebody else by some wrinkley dude.

Since Darth Vader > Battle Droids, The Dark Knight Rises > The Avengers

Nice try, but. They are the Battle Droids of Darth Maul (Loki), who happens to serve Thanos. Thanos has no equivalent, so he just wins.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
vlad321 said:
d21lewis said:
Bane is Darth Vader. Bad ass guy with a robot voice who's really scarred beneath his mask and crushes people's throats like they're nothing. Also, he works for someone wearing a dress.

The villains in Avengers are the Battle Droids from Episode 1: They're pretty much just cannon fodder for the heroes to mow throw and not really much of a threat. They all fall dead as soon as their control ship is taken out. Also, they're just tools given to somebody else by some wrinkley dude.

Nice try, but. They are the Battle Droids of Darth Maul (Loki), who happens to serve Thanos. Thanos has no equivalent, so he just wins.

Thanos=Talia=Palpatine

Bane=Vader

Loki=Maul

Alfred=C3PO

Battle Droids=Battle Droids!!

There is an obvious winner here...

dsage01 said:

And that is Star Wars

It is GREATER than everything in the end. 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

d21lewis said:
vlad321 said:
d21lewis said:

Thanos=Talia=Palpatine

Bane=Vader

Loki=Maul

Alfred=C3PO

I would like to point out that Vader lost to Luke, who is a little bitch. Meanwhile Maul killed Liam Neeson, which let's face it, is quite the achievement. Plus, you don't know jsut how much strangling and bad-assing Maul did off-screen.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
dsage01 said:

And that is Star Wars

It is GREATER than everything in the end. 

Star Wars is great but Dark Knight Rises is the best

The dark knight rises was in my opinion a decent movie at best, avengers Was a better movie in every aspect. I will forget this decent movie very quickly.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

pezus said:
TDKR > Star Wars. That is the cold hard truth Darth

finally we agree

darkknightkryta said:
SnakeDrake said:
Avengers was fun and to me the best comic book movie ever made , but The Dark Knight Rises gose above that by dragging you into the moment and never letting go from the begin to the credits.

I couldn't put it better myself.  Avengers was a simple, go fight bad guys movie with fancy effects.  Very entertaining.  Dark Knight Rises was something a bit more.  It wasn't just about fighting the bad guys and saving the day.  Dark Knight Rises can't compete in terms of action sequences, cause realistically speaking, not much can compete with a god of thunder and green giant kicking ass.  But what Dark Knight Rises does do, is give you something a bit more thought provoking, what will this one man do to save his city?  Is giving his life the most important thing?  Can't say Avengers does any of that.

So, you are telling me that Captain America wouldn't have given his life to save Manhattan?  Or Iron Man personally delivering the nuclear warhead through the portal didn't show himself willing to give his life for his city?  Did you even watch the Avengers? 

vlad321 said:
d21lewis said:
vlad321 said:
d21lewis said:

Thanos=Talia=Palpatine

Bane=Vader

Loki=Maul

Alfred=C3PO

I would like to point out that Vader lost to Luke, who is a little bitch. Meanwhile Maul killed Liam Neeson, which let's face it, is quite the achievement. Plus, you don't know jsut how much strangling and bad-assing Maul did off-screen.

Bane is most certainly NOT Darth Vader.  Darth Vader took getting his arm cut off and then shot with 21,000 gigawatts of Force Lightning to put him out of commission.  In the second Batman vs. Bane fight, one punch to Bane's face turned him into a cripple.  I'm not saying that Bane wasn't a cool villain.  I am saying that the second Batman/Bane confrontation was a total anti-climax in my opinion.