By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Dark Knight Rises vs Dark Knight?

Which film did you like better?

Dark Knight Rises 30 31.58%

Dark Knight 43 45.26%

Tie 6 6.32%

See the Results 13 13.68%

Total:92

Just from the trailers I would say I liked Batman better.

Avenger's was fun but it reminded me of Transformer's in a way... there were a ton of explosions... America loved it... it made tons of profit.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:

Avenger's was fun but it reminded me of Transformer's in a way... there were a ton of explosions... America loved it... it made tons of profit.

Have seen them? If not... you should. Definetly worth the money and time.

AndrewWK said:
NintendoPie said:

Have seen them? If not... you should. Definetly worth the money and time.

Which one are you talking about?

pezus said:

Both are great. You should go see TDKR soon!

I know both are good, TDKR just looks better.

(I already saw Avenger's if you guy's are wondering.) I don't know if my parents'll take me. I think my Dad want's to see it but we only have like 2 days to see it. I'll be in Ohio on Saturday.

pezus said:
AndrewWK said:

Yeah sure it was as great as getting buttraped a horse. Some people like it but I think I would not enjoy it.

Tough if I had to choose between this piece of shit movie and the horse.... that would be a tough decision

Your opinions are always so extreme that they leave me stunned! After seeing it in the cinema I thought no one could dislike this epic. 

I know my friends are saying this all the time, but for my defense. I really hated this movie. I hated it as much as Meet the Spartans or Pirates of the caribean 3. I can´t believe people really liked that movie.

Around the Network

Easily TDKR, Avengers was not that good of a movie. IMO Avengers is one of the worst SuperHero Movies that I have seen. I think it's more fair to compare Batman with the Spider-Man movie as they hold more in common than what Avengers hold in common with TDKR.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

pezus said:
vlad321 said:
pezus said:
vlad321 said:
Easily Avengers. Batman was absolutely fucking awesome and badass and everything. However Come on... All these themes were explored in Watchmen (book, but the movie too I guess). Superheroes that are mortal and not really super? What they would do to save people/punish evil doers (Let's face it Rorschach completely and UTTERLY obliterates Batman when it comes to this). It's just been explored and done before already. You want to make a serious movie that explores serious areas? Well prepare to be compared to other mediums as well then.

Meanwhile you have The Avengers. There are no themes, no motifs. There's just badassery, fucking aesome, fucking awesome badassery, etc. It also has a few laughs here and there. Also did I mention fucking awesome?

I don't see anything that even compares to the modern Batman films, however Avengers has been done before and that was called Thor, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Hulk etc. 

So... Have you actually read Watchmen? Because, as I said, it basically explores the same areas as Batman, but better. Also not it hasn't. I remember a very distinct lack of Hulk in the Thor movie, and a sorely missing Thor in the Iron Man movie, etc.

I have read Watchmen yes. But I didn't see Batman in it. 

The analogy of your argument is terrible.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

richardhutnik said:
vlad321 said:
richardhutnik said:
vlad321 said:

Easily Avengers. Batman was absolutely fucking awesome and badass and everything. However Come on... All these themes were explored in Watchmen (book, but the movie too I guess). Superheroes that are mortal and not really super? What they would do to save people/punish evil doers (Let's face it Rorschach completely and UTTERLY obliterates Batman when it comes to this). It's just been explored and done before already. You want to make a serious movie that explores serious areas? Well prepare to be compared to other mediums as well then.

Meanwhile you have The Avengers. There are no themes, no motifs. There's just badassery, fucking aesome, fucking awesome badassery, etc. It also has a few laughs here and there. Also did I mention fucking awesome?

tld;dr: Watchemn did everything Batman did, but better.

I can't agree about Dark Knight covering the same ground as Watchmen.  Watchmen was about humanity blowing itself up, and an entire Cold War angle, with one real superhero in it.  I am not going to do spoilers here, but maybe one can see things connect.

The entire Batman trilogy is about the ideas of whether or not to save current structures or let them burn.  It is focused differently, although both Watchmen and Batman connect to some degree.  Each of them stand on their own.

And I will say this though, while I find Avengers better than Dark Knight Rises, I believe Avengers as a series will have its work cut out to top the Dark Knight trilogy.  For me, the Dark Knight Trilogy is the best comic book movie series ever.  And I hold Dark Knight Rises as the weakest of the three, I still feel it fully fits the trilogy and brings it to a close.  It did its job.

It may have been a few years now, but I could have sworn DR. M's entire plot and turnaround and everything was about exactly that. Except instead of jsut structures it was humanity itself.

The Watchman plot (will refer to the core of the movie and graphic novel, not just either) was the idea of figuring out what it could take to save humanity from destroying itself.  It didn't focus on anything about tearing systems down.  The core of the Batman trilogy was the idea of the systems getting torn down.  Yes, there was touching on the destructist side of human nature, but the focus was different.  

That was just one of many ideas though, and that's my point. It also dealt with a lot of other "similarly connected" ideas as you say, and it explored them all better.

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

darthdevidem01 said:
AndrewWK said:
darkknightkryta said:
vlad321 said:

So... Have you actually read Watchmen? Because, as I said, it basically explores the same areas as Batman, but better. Also not it hasn't. I remember a very distinct lack of Hulk in the Thor movie, and a sorely missing Thor in the Iron Man movie, etc.

I have and I want my 3 hours back.  There is nothing in Watchmen about a man avenging his parent's death.  There's nothing about a man doing everything he possibly can to save his city.

I want to sue the makers of Watchmen. I want my 8€ and the time a wasted on this garbage back. It is so satisfiyng to this bunch of shit crash at the box offices.

FUCK YOU WATCHMEN! FUCK YOU!

Yep that was my professional statement.

lol what was so bad about it?

Problem with Watchmen is that it's the ending to a story that was never told (Until now).  Select characters got full development, others not as much.  It's just very difficult to build a connection to characters when you're just thrown into them.  Plus that pirate story had to go.  It wasted too much time, which should have been spent on better explaining Ozymandias' reasons for "saving" the world from itself, instead of "Hey because of this pirate story Ozymandias is justifiably the villain".

pezus said:
vlad321 said:
pezus said:
vlad321 said:
pezus said:

I don't see anything that even compares to the modern Batman films, however Avengers has been done before and that was called Thor, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Hulk etc. 

I have read Watchmen yes. But I didn't see Batman in it. 

The analogy of your argument is terrible.

Jesus dude...you said Batman was like Watchmen because of some minor similarities and I said The Avengers was like Thor, Iron Man etc. because of similarites (that are greater, because the characters are the exact same). Then you say they don't have all the same characters to which I respond that Watchmen does not have Batman so it can't be similar. Again, this is me using your own argument.

Then you obviously completely missed what mya rgument meant, and you still have no idea then.