By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC or APPLE: What do you prefer and why?

PC or APPLE

PC 179 81.00%

APPLE 41 18.55%

Total:220

Never buy a MAC for gaming.. its terribly overpriced. Im sorry but I just had to say it.

Yay!!!

Around the Network

PC of course.

Money for me is not the issue. I'm not rich but i do spend all of my monies on tech stuff and MACs were never a real option, even 10 years ago when windows were boredline crap.

Macs are just a status symbol.

And people saying Macs are good for editing etc remember that the majority of the video editing the anime community does is on PCs. amvs, fansubbing, transocoding...

While Potato Chips are nice and it's hard to stop eating them once you start, you've really got to say Apples are a much healthier option. So even though if you put a bowl of potato chips and a bowl of apple slices in front of me I'd probably grab the potato chips 9 times out of 10 I'll always admit that I should have chosen the apples.

Or was the question about something else?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Just a comment about the argument that Macs hold their value. While yes that's true couldn't the PC user buy 2 or even three top of the line computer's that would last them atleast 10 - 15 years for the same price of one mac?

PC, more applications, more games, cheaper.

Around the Network

Apple products cost more, so they must be better.

NintendoPie said:
Mac. I like OSX more than Win7 because of it's simplicity and that my Mac works way better than my HP ever did. (And it wasn't a crappy HP.)

If I had to choose gadgets (Tablets/Cell-Phones) it would also be Apple because of their seamless connectivity with each other. They are also designed really well. (HTC makes some nice phones and Android Overlays though.)

Every HP is a crappy HP.

Gilgamesh said:

Just a comment about the argument that Macs hold their value. While yes that's true couldn't the PC user buy 2 or even three top of the line computer's that would last them atleast 10 - 15 years for the same price of one mac?

I don't buy that argument in the first place. Out of all the PCs I've had the one with the shortest life was 5 years. You just need to buy components or the whole PC from reputable brands, which isn't hard and doesn't cost much more than buying a worse quality product, in a lot of cases it doesn't even have an impact on price. 

PC... why? games

PC's when something goes wrong the user can actually fix it. Plus I game a lot on my comp so I get updates faster. A good example was my friend and I play CIV 5, when an update came out for it he got it one week later because he had a mac then I did. This caused us to not be able to play it for a whole week :(.