By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Shooting at Batman Premiere - 12 dead / Your opinions on gun laws

Icy-Zone said:
It's weird hearing about this story after hearing another story that claims that the American Government will soon be able to kill civilians who don't turn in their guns. It's really sounding fishy. Here's a link to the other story.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhA4wwM9xvay09n1CG

Now I'm wondering if this guy who shot all those people in the theatre was some sort of hired hand by the CIA/FBI... A false flag operation to quickly gain compliance from the public.

Jeez... I just read that one of the women who was killed narrowly escaped the mall shooting in Toronto last month.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Chandler said:
Guns just don't belong in the hands of civilians. I mean, what's the point? Self defense? Yeah, right. All a gun does is make shit worse.

Switzerland disagrees with you.

i often read from us-americans fighting for their gun rights using switzerland as example just to show that many guns aren't the reason for higher crime rates, murder rates, whatever...then they often say "crime rates are lower nowadays in usa with same amount of weapons" forgetting that almost every developed country has a much lower murder or whatever rate than 20 years ago. just one question, have you ever been in switzerland? if yes, you should know why there doesn't happen so much in this country. we are talking here about people in america who as example lose their jobs becoming desperate and IF they have already a gun at home, it is a much easier step to do something stupid with it as if they would have to buy a weapon illegally to do something with it then. or junkies who need money and have a stolen weapon from the last burglary because yes, many who illegally have a wepon in usa have one stolen from someone who had it legally.they find the weapon in a drawer or so and take it then. i don't really want to know how many people died because a burglar stole a wepon at his last burglary using that some weeks later at another burglary. your right to self defence gives those people more possibilities to get those weapon for free because junkies don't really have money to buy a weapon. but stealing them in a house searching for some money? why not right?

and if i look at the last school massacres in germany, you know what was always the same? all of the kids had parents who where members of a weapon "club" owning weapons legally. in germany, everyone with a legal weapon has to have a weapon safe with a code or something like that and still, it happened more than once (a school massacre). can't believe people really believe they would have bought a wepon on the black market instead of using the weapon of the parents.

i wonder why people in countries were you can't buy a wepon as easy as in the usa don't feel the need to get these right to safe their own lifes. people in these countries should all want to get american laws if it comes to this but exactly these people don't like the american weapon law.

Allfreedom99 said:
Chandler said:
Guns just don't belong in the hands of civilians. I mean, what's the point? Self defense? Yeah, right. All a gun does is make shit worse.

question for you. Hypothetical. Say someone breaks into your residence or attacks you on the street and comes at you with a knife. Would you rather have a gun or a knife to defend your life?

More Gun control is just what it is, more government control. It gives government more control over how you live your life and choose to protect yourself. If you like more government control in your life thats fine, but I like having the freedom to protect myself and my family with a gun.

If you are talking strictly about me, I have a military background, so if someone comes at me with a knife he better know how to use it. If someone breaks into your house with a knife, a baseball bat will do the trick, you dont need a gun. But if you so insist one your guns, fine. I have no problem with that, but at least have some form of license for guns, with safety lessons and psychic evaluation and stuff. It boggles my mind that you need a drivers license in the US but anybody can buy a gun. And those civilean assault rifles - are you kidding me? How can you even justify those with self defense?

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Allfreedom99 said:
Chandler said:

question for you. Hypothetical. Say someone breaks into your residence or attacks you on the street and comes at you with a knife. Would you rather have a gun or a knife to defend your life?

More Gun control is just what it is, more government control. It gives government more control over how you live your life and choose to protect yourself. If you like more government control in your life thats fine, but I like having the freedom to protect myself and my family with a gun.

Question for you. Say someone breaks into your house while you and your family are sleeping. Would you rather them have a gun or a knife?

My god..

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Icy-Zone said:
It's weird hearing about this story after hearing another story that claims that the American Government will soon be able to kill civilians who don't turn in their guns. It's really sounding fishy. Here's a link to the other story.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhA4wwM9xvay09n1CG

Now I'm wondering if this guy who shot all those people in the theatre was some sort of hired hand by the CIA/FBI... A false flag operation to quickly gain compliance from the public.

Jeez... I just read that one of the women who was killed narrowly escaped the mall shooting in Toronto last month.

damn! she got final destinationed'd

been watching this nearly all day...it appears only 12 were killed and 59 injured...that's a total of 71 casualties...things like this really but in perspective how fragile life is...I mean who would've thought something like this could happen at a movie theater.

Player1x3 said:
blkfish92 said:
What the what?! This is madness, how can someone even have a motive for this??

No motive i guess. Some men just want to watch the world burn

Strange nonetheless, I just don't understand.

enrageorange said:

Actually many of my fellow Americans seem to think the situation would have been better had other civilians in the theater brought their guns, despite the fact that there was complete chaos in the theater and the thug wore body armor and threw tear gas. No doubt that had other people started shooting a lot more people would have been killed in the crossfire.

There is absolutely no way guns will ever be outlawed in America. There are too many gunowners, most of whom probably responsibly carry their firearms, who would never vote for someone trying to make a gun ban. What will hopefully eventually be done is better screening of people who wish to purchase guns and bigger penalties for those who illegally sell guns, but I doubt that will happen either. 

unfortunately most criminals dont buy their guns through legal means anyway, so better screening wouldnt even work.

i just wish there would have been a conceal/open carryier there to stop the shooter. 

they had an interview with a lady that was in the theater, she was on the ground at the shooters feet, as he was shooting everyone else, just imagine if she was a gun owner, this whole thing couldve been stopped.

as for the bolded, thats never happened, and you are tought in gun classes to alsways be aware of your surroundings and who is in your line of sight, so unless its a retard gun owner, he wouldnt shoot unless it was a clear shot.

Allfreedom99 said:
enrageorange said:

Actually many of my fellow Americans seem to think the situation would have been better had other civilians in the theater brought their guns, despite the fact that there was complete chaos in the theater and the thug wore body armor and threw tear gas. No doubt that had other people started shooting a lot more people would have been killed in the crossfire.

There is absolutely no way guns will ever be outlawed in America. There are too many gunowners, most of whom probably responsibly carry their firearms, who would never vote for someone trying to make a gun ban. What will hopefully eventually be done is better screening of people who wish to purchase guns and bigger penalties for those who illegally sell guns, but I doubt that will happen either. 

Most people who get concealed carry permit have had good training with a hand gun in order to get the permit and most of those people I think would be smart enough to know what to do in that situation in order to save lives.It was said in the chaos the gunman also went up to the balcony level after shooting some on the main level. In the chaos there undoubtedly would have been an oportunity to put a bullet in the back of his head to at least stop him from shooting more.

I do however agree that anyone who wants a concealed carry permit should recieve rigorous training before obtaining a license.

Still strict gun laws will not stop serious killers. And will just make it more difficult for law abiding citizens to defend themselves.

sure just as soon as you have to go through riguous training and schooling to get your free speech and religion permit.