By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MICROSOFT earnings are in - 360: 1.1m shipped. Numbers inside.

ZaneWane said:
Carl2291 said:
Lostplanet22 said:

The quote of Dirty + his reaction that you could consider flamebait + his history.

What he said was 100% true. Its not trolling at all. 2nd Worst Q4 since release =/= healthy. His reaction was obvious as the other guy is actually baiting and trolling/flaming him.

dirty was not baiting or trolling 

Jesus everybody, stop it.

Stop derailing the thread telling one person you reported the other and that you're reporting them.  You don't have to announce to the world you're reporting someone, just report them and be done with it.  You all are derailing the thread far more than any potential troll in here.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
ZaneWane said:
Carl2291 said:
Lostplanet22 said:

The quote of Dirty + his reaction that you could consider flamebait + his history.

What he said was 100% true. Its not trolling at all. 2nd Worst Q4 since release =/= healthy. His reaction was obvious as the other guy is actually baiting and trolling/flaming him.

dirty was not baiting or trolling 

Jesus everybody, stop it.

Stop derailing the thread telling one person you reported the other and that you're reporting them.  You don't have to announce to the world you're reporting someone, just report them and be done with it.  You all are derailing the thread far more than any potential troll in here.

Well that is what I said and my purporse =p.

kowenicki said:

They haven't "made" a loss, they created a loss due to a write off.  There is a difference.

Anyway, as you think this is noteworthy and indicative then I presume next qtr, when they make a profit, you should be saying, "wow what a turnaround from a loss to 3 or 4 bn in profit in the space of just 3 months.... Amazing".  I'll just say, "as expected"

This spin is on the lowest shipment thing.... No! Really? Shipped less in its 7th year? Who'd have thought it?

Pretty sure that in every other gen this has happened in year 5.  

Making something and creating something is essentially the same thing. Either way though, it doesn't matter. A loss is a loss. Especially when it's the first ever loss.

Facts. Not spin. Facts. The 360 is here for at least another 18 Months. MS need to do something.

Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:

They haven't "made" a loss, they created a loss due to a write off.  There is a difference.

Anyway, as you think this is noteworthy and indicative then I presume next qtr, when they make a profit, you should be saying, "wow what a turnaround from a loss to 3 or 4 bn in profit in the space of just 3 months.... Amazing".  I'll just say, "as expected"

This spin is on the lowest shipment thing.... No! Really? Shipped less in its 7th year? Who'd have thought it?

Making something and creating something is essentially the same thing. Either way though, it doesn't matter. A loss is a loss. Especially when it's the first ever loss.

Facts. Not spin. Facts. The 360 is here for at least another 18 Months. MS need to do something.

You are just trying to hard and the bolded doesn't make many sense.   it is almost for sure that in the next quarters MS will make nice profit compared to an other company where you would not post that they have to do something.   

-sigh-

That other company are doing something. Ive already said that. If youre gonna be going over things already said, dont bother gking over things at all.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:

But they made a 14bn profit?  Accounts are annual, reporting quarterly is just reporting, the records will show an annual profit of $14bn dollars. 

So...... What's your point exactly?  In what way is this significant? The next year back to 20bn profits again. I know you want this to be significant but in the grand scheme it really isn't. 

Oh look, the ms stock price is down in line with the Dow today, they Sony share price is down by 3 times the Dows fall. And brfore you say it, yes, that is very relevant to this discussion. 

This X1000000000

Well said.

Carl2291 said:
-sigh-

That other company are doing something. Ive already said that. If youre gonna be going over things already said, dont bother gking over things at all.

No you don't or you must really believe that the new PS3 will increase profit..

My point is its quite shocking to see MS post a loss. Be it Quarterly, Yearly, Daily... Whatever.

Why has me asking if this was the first ever loss turned into you going all defensive? Really. All I did was ask a Question and youre hopping around like Tigger...

Lostplanet. The new PS3 will obviously be profitable. Its tiny, cheap looking and still gonna be sold for $250+. This isnt a thread about that though...

Stop bringing Sony into it. We know all about Sony and the losses. Thats no news. Stop derailing your own thread.

The first.

Let me repeat that.

First. First. First. FIRST.

The first ever loss for Microsoft. Its big news. Its unexpected and really quite shocking.

Take it on the chin and stop being so defensive.

kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
My point is its quite shocking to see MS post a loss. Be it Quarterly, Yearly, Daily... Whatever.

Why has me asking if this was the first ever loss turned into you going all defensive? Really. All I did was ask a Question and youre hopping around like Tigger...

Lostplanet. The new PS3 will obviously be profitable. Its tiny, cheap looking and still gonna be sold for $250+. This isnt a thread about that though...

You didn't just ask a question, you said it was a big deal.

It isn't.

Whats a big deal is Sony having 5 straight years of losses and no end in sight.

Whats big is Sony predictions for the current fiscal year already falling to shit before our eyes (that frankly stupid currency expectation is going to kill them this quarter and this year)

Whats big is that Sony are the ones the need to do something or Sony had a very real chance of not existing and yes I am serious about that.

This is a mere blip on a very positive period for MS.

Sony stock down 52% in the last year, MS stock up 15%

Only up 15%?  That must have been the lowest in the last seven years!  They must start to do something!