By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Watch + Rate BATMAN & ROBIN (1997) -- Batman Film Celebration Week

Rate BATMAN & ROBIN

0 - WORST MOVIE EVER 4 12.50%

1 - It was baaaad... 14 43.75%

2 - pooor 3 9.38%

3 - MEdiocre! 4 12.50%

4 - Good film LOL 2 6.25%

5 - Amazing movie trololol! 5 15.63%

Total:32

Welcome to BATMAN FILM CELEBRATION WEEK!

We come to it at last...the most important comic book movie of the 90's...

Why is it important you ask. Well it was sooo bad it led to the entire comic book genre's focus changing that eventually led to X-Men in 2000 which focussed on adults & more mature themes. Had BATMAN & ROBIN been a success comic book movies may have stayed kiddie forever...as a new BATMAN film after this one was already being prepped. 

Warner Bros forced a quick production of the movie to piggy back on to the "huge" success of BATMAN FOREVER. Toy companies were involved in making the designs so that toys could be ready & the director apparently kept saying, "remember guys..act like its a CARTOON"..throughout filming.

On the top it looked set to be a huge success..especially with biggies like George Clooney, Uma Thurman & Arnold Scwarzenegger (however you spell the damn surname) also in the project.

The opening weekend was great...but unprecedented bad word of mouth (it makes spider man 3's word of mouth look similar to titanics) led to the movie finishing with a low gross. Disaster. 

The next Batman movie which was meant to be called BATMAN TRIUMPHANT was cancelled right away & Joel Schumacher was banished from the BATMAN franchise.

With The Dark Knight Returns so close it's time to REWATCH the old Batman movies & rate them. Todays movie to rate is THE BATMAN!

If you remember it rate it, or watch it to hold you off till the sun RISES on July 20th! 

______

Timetable for BATMAN FILM CELEBRATION WEEK:

--------------- Burton's -------------------

12th July - The BATMAN (1989)

13th July - BATMAN RETURNS (1992)

Then we will move on...

--------------- Animated Series/Movies ------------

14th July - BATMAN : The Animated Series 

15th July - BATMAN : Mask Of Phantasm

Moving on...

--------------- Schumacher's -------------------

17th July - BATMAN & ROBIN (1997)

And finally

--------------- Nolan's -------------------

18th July - BATMAN BEGINS (2005)

19th July - THE DARK KNIGHT (2008)

20th July - THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (2012)

So we will do BATMAN & ROBIN today & end with THE DARK KNIGHT RISES rating thread on 20th July...exciting times are ahead for us fellow rodents! 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Can you put an option that's less than 0 please, I was hard pressed even justifying a 0 for this monstrosity.

Was there hope for the BATMAN franchise after this disaster?

Could it be saved?

Who would save it?

Was this night truly the darkest before the dawn?

Find out tomorrow when we watch & rate Batman Begins!

Panama said:
Can you put an option that's less than 0 please, I was hard pressed even justifying a 0 for this monstrosity.

LOL I dunno if I can edit the poll

I considered having just 0 as the options and nothing else tehe

What killed the one-liner...the ice ageee!

Around the Network

The only good thing about this movie was that it gave us this review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5FhsA1RlGg

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Pretty poor as a Batman movie, in my opinion, but I guess that the lack of great villains is one reason to that. Oh, and what a useless Batman actor they came up with.

2/5

I remember watching it as a kid and thought it was okay, mostly because I was so young I had no clue of what was really going on and only liked all the fighting, when I watched it again some years later it was just painful.

1/5, just thought Arnold still deserve 1 point, he made me lol.

Arnold Schwarzenegger was the only redeeming feature of this movie for me. He played his part completely tongue in cheek and with his costume design with the bald head, face-paint and blue contacts his image was perfect.

Pity the script and direction was just awful.

Also I found Chris O'Donnell (Robin) really, really annoying!