By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New ZombiU trailer and screenshots

xLeftyx said:
Still am not bought quite yet, but my interest has piqued a bit; I don't know if it's the video or my monitor (26in 1080p 120Hz) but it's not as crisp as I expected of this game. I guess Nintendo hasn't completely sold me on Wii U yet. I need to see more games and their respective gameplays.

I think perhaps it's just the compression on the video. 

This appears to be a little better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcAV-M5H2fU

Around the Network

I'm undecided on this game mainly because I can't tell what type of game it is. I love some elements but kind of hate the direction they took even if it was the logical one. I like the killing your former zombie self but at the same time, I feel like this will make the storyline almost completely irrelevant for me. The "survival" elements seem gimped as well. I much prefer the resource management of dayz(never played but looks sweeet) alongside the open world style survival where an empty stomach is just as deadly as a zombie. The best part about the linear survival feature in Zombieu is how you have to pick up your pack and don't respawn with everything which seems like it would help build tension and excitement. Multiplayer seems sweet as well but I have just heard concepts not actual footage. Also, zombify yourself...really innovative -_-

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

TWRoO said:
NintendoPie said:
Are all of those pictures in-game? That would be cray if that one Zombie is! That's really detailed!!

The first one could be a cut-scene (though does look to be the in game engine)

The second one is in game

Third and fourth are game art

Last one is in game.

If what that other guy is saying is correct then it really does look good. Nintendo really needs this to be exclusive!

Damn, when it was first announced, and they said this was gonna substitute Killer Freaks out of Space, I was really pissed.
Now I couldnt be happier (well, if they launch both games it would be the best) the more I see of this game, the more Im sure I while enjoy it to the fullest

lilbroex said:
TWRoO said:
NintendoPie said:
Are all of those pictures in-game? That would be cray if that one Zombie is! That's really detailed!!

The first one could be a cut-scene (though does look to be the in game engine)

The second one is in game

Third and fourth are game art

Last one is in game.

The first one is in game. You can see that exact scene in the older gameplay videos. Its where every character gets up when you start as them.

The 4th one is in game. You can see aliasing on the some of the objects if you look closely.

So is the 3rd one is a close up aof an in game modal if I'm not mistaken. If you look at it up close(especially the hair) you can make out the polygons. That, and it looks almost exactly the same as the face in the last pic aside from the teeth and the right jaw. Its probably an enemy from later.

All of the screenshots are rendered.

Ok to the first one (I did say it was in game engine, which is the same thing as in game in terms of graphical capability)

The 4th one looks to me like a drawn/painted scene, or if it is a 3D rendered scene it has some kind of effect on it and the viewer position is not in a realistic place unless the character you play is 7ft tall. Looking for aliasing doesn't mean much as that kind of effect can occur when images are resized.

As for the 3rd one, Iagree that is a CGI 3D render, but that doesn't mean it's in game.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:

Ok to the first one (I did say it was in game engine, which is the same thing as in game in terms of graphical capability)

The 4th one looks to me like a drawn/painted scene, or if it is a 3D rendered scene it has some kind of effect on it and the viewer position is not in a realistic place unless the character you play is 7ft tall. Looking for aliasing doesn't mean much as that kind of effect can occur when images are resized.

As for the 3rd one, Iagree that is a CGI 3D render, but that doesn't mean it's in game.

The aliasing brought by resizing a picture would be visible throuought the picture. Only specific spots and objects in that scene have the aliasing. Its obivously just a screen shot of one of the areas in developer mode.

The 3rd one isn't detailed enough to be CGI. It would be a waste of it if it is. You can see the flat polygons of the ear from the side and around the eyes. Its likely a screen shot of the enemy modal from different angles outside of the gameplay environment. The hair is too blurry, undetailed and out of focus towards the back  for it to be art or CG. There is also to much irregluar aliasing on the earing and the hair on the forehead  from the side view for it to be CGI.

No, the first one you were saying it as if inferring that it was cutscene graphics(ie, not what you see in the normal game), but it is because you can actually see it in the gameplay videos.

These are dev pictures so they don't have to be actively playing the game capture images.

lilbroex said:

The 3rd one isn't detailed enough to be CGI. It would be a waste of it if it is. Its likely a screen shot of the enemy model from different angles.

The aliasing brought by resizing a picture would be visible throught the picture. Only specific spots and objects in that scene have the aliasing. Its obivously just an in game screen shot of one of the areas.

No, the first one you were saying it as if inferring that it was cutscene graphics(ie, not what you see in the normal game), but it is because you can actually see it in the gameplay videos.

These are dev ppictures so they don't have to be actively playing the game capture images.

Then I mean something entirely different than you when I say CGI, because the whole game will be CGI.... What i'm saying is it's definately not from an in game shot... It is a character model.

As for the 1st pic again, yes I was inferring it was cutscene graphics but I also said it was in game engine, by which I meant it would look graphically the same as an in-game shot (but yes, I mistakenly assumed it was a screenshot due to the odd camera position)

I still disagree on the blurry washroom pic... the only thing I can think of for it to be in game is if the character has just dropped from a vent in the ceiling or something. Explaining the odd camera position, and the blurry effect is added while in dropping motion, but it seems a rather odd screenshot to release if it is part of the gameplay.

TWRoO said:
lilbroex said:

The 3rd one isn't detailed enough to be CGI. It would be a waste of it if it is. Its likely a screen shot of the enemy model from different angles.

The aliasing brought by resizing a picture would be visible throught the picture. Only specific spots and objects in that scene have the aliasing. Its obivously just an in game screen shot of one of the areas.

These are dev ppictures so they don't have to be actively playing the game capture images.

Then I mean something entirely different than you when I say CGI, because the whole game will be CGI.... What i'm saying is it's definately not from an in game shot... It is a character model.

As for the 1st pic again, yes I was inferring it was cutscene graphics but I also said it was in game engine, by which I meant it would look graphically the same as an in-game shot (but yes, I mistakenly assumed it was a screenshot due to the odd camera position)

I still disagree on the blurry washroom pic... the only thing I can think of for it to be in game is if the character has just dropped from a vent in the ceiling or something. Explaining the odd camera position, and the blurry effect is added while in dropping motion, but it seems a rather odd screenshot to release if it is part of the gameplay.

I'm am 100% certain that when anyone is talking about CGI, they are talking about prerendered graphics made in an environment where there are no real resource limiations and are played back from a data file.

I've never heard anyone call something that is rendered in real time on a GPU CGI.

You apparently can't read either. What part of "dev" screenshot(taken by the devs from wherever they want, not by the character) is hard to understand. Though, given that you just called the whole game CGI....

These are not pictures taken from a retail build of the game a random person. They are pictures taken by the devs to show off there progress.

I read a frightening comment a while ago suggesting that this game is a rail-shooter. Most certainly bullshit though (otherwise my interest for this title would drop like a rock).

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this title, which is very unusual since this is an actual third party title on a Nintendo console. The entire gaming industry is in desperate need of more survival-horror games!

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
I heard a frightening comment a while ago suggesting that this game is a rail-shootet. Most certainly bullshit though (otherwise my interest for this title would drop like a rock).

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this title, which is very unusual since this is an actual third party title on a Nintendo console. The entire gaming industry is in desperate need of more survival-horror games!

They wouldn`t dare to do such thing(rail-shooter game), and also, there is some gameplay footage that clearly shows it isn`t.