By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Impressive Hitman: Absolution gameplay

10 100.00%

Total:10
Jay520 said:
Mad55 said:
I wan't it more after that walkthrough. I can see myself messing up a lot lol.

hmm...you better mean 'want' and not ' won't'.

I do I do!!

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
pezus said:

Impressive. The only thing I do not like at all is the point shooting. It looks exactly like the one in Splinter Cell Conviction, which I didn't like either.

In order to get the highest rating & score for a level, you can't use point-shooting. Also, point-shooting is disabled on the hardest difficulty.

Also, if you check the score throughout the video, you see he loses points when he kills non-targets. I wonder how they'll handle saving in this game. Since I'm obsessed with getting the perfect score, I used to save constantly in previous Hitman titles (and load everytime I fucked something up).

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Jay520 said:
pezus said:

Impressive. The only thing I do not like at all is the point shooting. It looks exactly like the one in Splinter Cell Conviction, which I didn't like either.

In order to get the highest rating & score for a level, you can't use point-shooting. Also, point-shooting is disabled on the hardest difficulty.

Also, if you check the score throughout the video, you see he loses points when he kills non-targetI wonder how they'll handle saving in this game. Since I'm obsessed with getting the perfect score, I used to save constantly in previous Hitman titles (and load everytime I fucked something up).

You probably won't like this, but they're using a checkpoint system. Levels are still open though. You can take out the targets anyway you want, in any order you want, etc. The game will just save periodically after a major achievement (infiltrating a base, killing a Target, retrieving data, etc). You can still free roam the level after a checkpoint though. It's basically just automatic saves instead of manual saves. I hope IO gives us the option to choose though.

Jay520 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Jay520 said:
pezus said:

Also, if you check the score throughout the video, you see he loses points when he kills non-targetI wonder how they'll handle saving in this game. Since I'm obsessed with getting the perfect score, I used to save constantly in previous Hitman titles (and load everytime I fucked something up).

You probably won't like this, but they're using a checkpoint system. Levels are still open though. You can take out the targets anyway you want, in any order you want, etc. The game will just save periodically after a major achievement (infiltrating a base, killing a Target, retrieving data, etc). You can still free roam the level after a checkpoint though. It's basically just automatic saves instead of manual saves. I hope IO gives us the option to choose though.

I'll be happy as long as I get a way to return to the previous checkpoint if I'm not happy with how I handled a certain section.

Signature goes here!

Looks fantastic. Really cant wait for this.

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
Purist difficulty for me for sure, not going to use the point shooting and all those extremely easy things.

I feel the same. Too casual and easy with all these hints shown in the video but purist difficulty will be awesome.

Game of the year. I'm calling it now.

Nice...but the poll you have up in the thread manages to be even more impressive than the gameplay.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

d21lewis said:
Game of the year. I'm calling it now.

Wait...what!!!! I've been saying this since this game was announced!

I swear D21, if you take this away from me, I will find you...and I will do things to you that you will NOT enjoy!

This game looks good but all the unlogical shit makes it a bad game. You kill someone talking into his phone and the guy on the other end doesn't care about the strange noises?

A whole building explodes and the police officers don't care about a person that doesnt even turn around to see the explosion and just walks away without caring?

The "barber" kills the cop and the target was looking into the mirror and could clearly see it but didnt care? (dont tell me he didint see it because agent 47 just popped up later because the mirror was to far away for the model to appear lol)

The ideas are great the execution is lazy....