By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Dark Knight Rises Box Office Predictions!

Predict in this format:

Domestic:

First Day: $133 Million

Opening Weekend: $242 Million

Lifetime Gross: $820 Million

Overseas: 

Opening Weekend: 200 Million

Lifetime Gross: $820 Million

Total Gross: $1.64 Billion

Rotten Tomatoes Score: 94%

Around the Network

You only think it'll get an 89%? :0

Look at the first ones! http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight/ I don't think it'll drop below 90% just based of how the first one was rated.

NintendoPie said:

Look at the first ones! http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight/ I don't think it'll drop below 90% just based of how the first one was rated.

Go see the box office thread, I'm almost sure it's explained and commented in one of the pages how scores drop considerably compared to the average of the first reviews.

haxxiy said:
NintendoPie said:

Go see the box office thread, I'm almost sure it's explained and commented in one of the pages how scores drop considerably compared to the average of the first reviews.

I know they drop but this movie seems like it'll be really good. The acting from the trailer looks spot on and the graphics are quite nice. I don't see why it would drop below a 90%.

Domestic:

Opening Weekend: 200mil

Lifetime Gross: 550mil (Will be more frontloaded then the its predessesor)

Overseas:

Opening Week: 200mil

Lifetime Gross 650mil

Total Gross: 1.2bil

Rotten Tomatoes Score: 87%

Around the Network
dsage01 said:

Predict in this format:

Domestic:

First Day: $137 Million

Opening Weekend: $300 Million

Lifetime Gross: $900 Million

Overseas: 

Lifetime Gross: $700 Million

Total Gross: $1.6 Billion

Rotten Tomatoes Score: 89%

You think The Dark Knight Rises will clear $1.6 billion in the theaters? Maybe, but your numbers seem way off to me, mostly overseas. The ratio is a little off for a Batman movie. Batman to me seems more so a Domestic following.

The Dark Knight did $1.002 billion world wide gross before its close date. $158 million was on opening weekend ($67 million opening day).  $533 million was domestic box office sales (53% of its income). My information is below! And yes, I believe it will out sell The Avengers $207 Million from opening weekend. Domestically I see it doing better, but overseas I give The Avengers the win.

Domestic:

First Day: $82 Million

Opening Weekend: $211 Million

Lifetime Gross: $634 Million

Overseas: 

Opening Weekend: $232 Million

Lifetime Gross: $697 Million

Total Gross: $1.331 Billion

But then again, Batman Begins only sold 33% the ticket sales the Dark Knight did. Wouldn't be suprised if even my numbers are dwarfed. I tried using complex algorithms into mine. Not sure if it will work out though. Even though those are my predictions I want and hope it becomes the number one selling movie ever, beating the Avengers worldwide, and also taking down Titanic and Avatar. Batman is far more deserving!

dsage01 said:

Predict in this format:

Domestic:

First Day: $137 Million

Opening Weekend: $300 Million

Lifetime Gross: $900 Million

Overseas: 

Lifetime Gross: $700 Million

Total Gross: $1.6 Billion

Rotten Tomatoes Score: 89%

Switch the overseas and the domestic numbers and you have a pretty decent prediction.

enrageorange said:

Domestic:

Opening Weekend: 200mil

Lifetime Gross: 550mil (Will be more frontloaded then the its predessesor)

Overseas:

Opening Week: 200mil

Lifetime Gross 650mil

Total Gross: 1.2bil

What? That Opening is HUGE! I seriously doubt it could do that much.

Opening day: More money than the Federal Reserve has on hand.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Hmm, I'm sure it'll do exceptionally well, but will it surpass the Avengers is what I'm wondering along with other people I'm sure.