By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dear Rare, Microsoft and Nintendo,

well if it gets released on xbla then i would also want a vc release of the game

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

For everyone that is still going on about this:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&dfsp=32&from=R10&_trksid=m37&satitle=goldeneye&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=32607&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=32%26fsoo%3D2&fgtp=

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&dfsp=32&catref=C6&from=R10&_trksid=m37&satitle=perfect+dark&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=32607&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=32%26fsoo%3D2

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Don't Nintendo's publishing rights expire after 15 years? So then, the worst that could happen is we'll get it on XBLA in 2 years.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Bringing goldeneye onto VC and Live would be more of an advantage for Microsoft than Nintendo, and Nintendo would need to be heavily compensated in order to agree to giving their rival an advantage.

I understand the idea of Nintendo seeing it as a 'nintendo' game, and believing that it's important to protect that notion too.

I really hop Nintendo and Microsoft can work it out. I want GoldeEye, Perfect Dark, Conker and Banjo on my VC so make that deal and everybody (besides Sony) is happy.

Around the Network
godf said:
Bringing goldeneye onto VC and Live would be more of an advantage for Microsoft than Nintendo, and Nintendo would need to be heavily compensated in order to agree to giving their rival an advantage.

Goldeneye on Live might be better than the VC version, but
A) Some might want the original, untouched version, and
B) There's plenty of Wii owners that don't own a 360, so there's still a big market for a VC Goldeneye.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

My guess is first MS offered Nintendo cash. They don't need that so they said no

Next they probably offered to let it go on the VC in exchange for XBLA. Nintendo of course woudl say no again.

No one has suggested that Nintendo give cash to Microsoft, but that wouldn't work either becasue both companies know this game means more than the actual money that will be made from it.

I see two solutions to this problem.

1. MS needs to let Nintendo publish the ENTIRE rare catalog from their nintendo days. Goldeneye would be bigger for MS but all of the others are bigger for Nintendo. Maybe Nintendo would agree to Banjo or Conker coming to live. Other properties like porting Viva Piniata are an option.

2. Have Rare make a Wiiware version in addition to VC. This would give an equivalent product to Nintendo. But I am sure Microsoft doesn't want to touch this one.

So unless you can give both sides something they need, so it could look lopsided both ways. This is not going to happen.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Why don't they just do a remake like they did with Conker? That way they don't have to worry about any rights for the original. The "Facility" map for Perfect Dark Zero was great.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Nintendo fanboys talk about how innovative and pure Nintendo is...

Wouldn't it be innovative to release Goldeneye with a competitor on the VC and XBLA arcade? Especially, since Microsoft is being innovative and working DS titles?

If you want those games so much go buy a N64 for like $20 and the games for like $5 each.