By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: "No plans to continue Resistance"

Is dropping Resistance a good idea?

Yes 138 56.79%

No 65 26.75%

I just wanna see the results 39 16.05%

Total:242

I already finished all Resistance games in PS3 1 month ago, actually this is a great IP.
i even had a plan to buy Vita because Resistance.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Does Resistance not sell over a million on a regular basis. Besides the Vita version.

Fall of man = 4m

2 = 2m

3 = 1m

So, yeah it does but it's in steep decline

Such a shame. Incredibly underated series sales-wise, the story is pretty inventive and compellng as hell. And the weapons are awesome.

I Agree its time for them to move on from the Resistance series but I dont think another game would sell any worse than R3 did I dont think it would decline past 1.1 mil or whatever its ended up at. I thought 3 was a great game I even had fun with the multi for awhile, I'm not really excited about a 4th game.

really never liked this franchise... prefer Killzone anyway.

FUCKERS KILLED THE FRANCHISE!! Sony/Insomniac never treated the franchise like it should. Then again, I don't want anyone outside Insomniac to create new games.

R:FOM: Amazing game! The atmosphere is unbelievable, story is fun, great weapons, ...
R2: Too cod4 like. This did not fit the franchise at all (despite great reviews). Good story and co-op though, the game really made me curious to see the ending of the franchise.
Retribution (PSP): Pretty good. Gameplay wasn't the best but the story added something to the universe.
R3: Great gameplay, but the story is the worst of the 3 main games. So many unanswered questions from the previous games. I finished it with mixed feelings, I do not feel the story is over. But it deserved at least 2 million sals.

Burning Skies: See me care. The American invasion was already told in R2 and a book (The Gathering Storm). No need to play through the game when you know everything that happens is futile anyway, the US is getting overrunned. There were some much more interesting settings for the game (like Europa wanting to liberate Russia from the Chimeara. Grayson was also spotted in Moscow).

So much potential after the first game, I think both Insomniac and Sony didn't know how to handle the franchise. They should have served their fans instead of making a COD clone.

Around the Network

aw.. too bad.. :(

did they made any comment like this on the status of SOCOM?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I will miss it. I have played the 3 PS3 titles and the PSP title (will get the VITA one in August). I put a LOT of time into 2 (got all the SP and most of MP trophies) and I really loved 3 a lot.
Oh well these things happen

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

No need to worry. Sony can easily replace it with a new IP, or two.

But I liked resistance... It's so sad that this game is usually overwhelmed by other IPs

Enjoyed Resistance 1 & 3 but I think it is time to move on.

Would like to see them put some more effort into making some RPGs to be honest.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!