Is dropping Resistance a good idea?

Yes 138 56.79%

No 65 26.75%

I just wanna see the results 39 16.05%

Total:242
Kinneas14 said:
IamAwsome said:
Kinneas14 said:
It's a good idea to end the franchise. Resistance was a good new IP, it sold good, but its time is over. There are plenty of other FPS, and there's no point in continue this series.

I still have to play a Resistance game, I was/am interested in it because it's made by Insomniac, but I'm not into FPS, maybe someday when a Trilogy Collection will be available....

Unless Sony farms it out to someone, I doubt there will be a trilogy, especially not on the PS4. This franchise is done for good. 

I didn't want to mean a remaster, but a bundle of the first three games for a cheap price! :)

Oh, I get what you're saying now. A trilogy collection would probably do decently, but given they already have the dual pack, I still don't see it happening. If they stop selling that, then I wouldn't be surprised to see a collection on the PS3 in the next few years. 

Around the Network

This is an excellent series to cancel.
My mind has become twisted to the point where anything that Sony can do to bring themselves towards looking for an IP revival is beautiful.Because then maybe...

JUST MAYBE....

We can get this:

A young man can still dream.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

How the hell can you all judge Resistance 3 when the majority of you haven't even played it? It's the most underrated FPS campaign ever

I loved 1 and 3...Its too bad but I saw this coming after lame release of Resistance 3 by Sony and Insomniac.

Take my love, take my land..

Insomniac killed this game when they killed off nathan hale, the weapon wheel in resistance 2 for COD controls. EPIC FAIL! Resistance 3 is a great game "best weapons in the series" but without nathan hale and no flying around the boards on air vents it just doesnt feel like a complete resistance game. I love this franchise hate to see it come to an end.If done right with a reboot and the right game developer like naughty dog this game would rock.Just have a consistant story this time around and keep all the perks and characters we love from the previous games!

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Panama said:
KylieDog said:

What is this Resistance 3 was  great nonsense about? The MP is what made Resistance popular and R3 MP was a gimped experience that tried too hard to be CoD.

Baseless claims are my favourite claims.

You must hate my post then.  We gonna pretend Resistance was played for its totally bland campaign now?  Just like CoD right?  The multiplayer has nothing to do with why people like it.  The funny thing is R1/2 campaigns make CoD campaigns look like gold.

Resistance 2 had a great campaign, just sayin'.

Bring back Haze! Now that was a series I could get behind.

resistance 3 sucked. I liked the first 2 games,but the third one just wasn't that great in my opinion. Did'nt like the character. Hated the boring on rails feel of the boat,train parts. the ending part,has been done to death. Yeah it was polished,but I just found it severly lacking.

I played the trial/demo (can't remember) for Resistance a few months ago, and I wasn't really interested, so... whatever.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

I have played and to an extent enjoyed every Resistance games (cept for Burning skies since I don't have a Vita). I always felt that the core concept behind Resistance was awesome, and the Chimera are iconic and interesting enough to make fans want to learn more about them and their motives. I loved Hale and thought he was a badass. Buuut, I feel despite the cool concepts and interesting ideas, Insomniac kind of handled the series rather poorly imo. They changed the series around too much, not sure if they wanted to be something unique, or another Cod clone (see Killzone 3 -_-).

The last game was supposed to be the final chapter and be an actual ending. Instead of being a great conclusion it was a terrible punch line. The game was okay I guess, but for an ending, it was a huge let down. The gameplay itself was kind of I don't know, stale?