By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo can never seem to satisfy fans

Nintendo would have won just by teasing the 3DS XL at e3.
Anyway, Nintendo direct was 800% superior - one hour full of games, no bullshit!

Around the Network

I think everyone really has to agree with this. And nobody can ever hit on all corners. Nobody is perfect. I also agree that Nintendo Direct is a much better outlet (the last 2 were done well) than something like E3

Xxain said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Give me new IPs or give me death

Nintendo doesn't need new IP's. They need to do more with the IP's they already. We get alot of Mario and alot of pokemon. I would love to see STAR FOX, METROID, F-ZERO, FIRE EMBLEM, SIN&PUNISHMENT, YOSHI ISLAND, EARTHBOUND(seriously, outsource to Atlus or something), KIRBY get more of a push more often.

Not to mention if Nintendo created New IP's, they would create them with the same heart they do now so if you have a problem with their current IP's you'll have a problem with new ones. 

I'm just tired of Mario, Zelda etc. I still like Pokemon and Pikmin.

VicViper said:
Nintendo would have won just by teasing the 3DS XL at e3.
Anyway, Nintendo direct was 800% superior - one hour full of games, no bullshit!

B-but it doesn't have a second stick! :'(

lol

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:

Retails. Do not forget that retailers are at E3. And they love dance games.

So does everyone else other than Nintendo's Core. That's what E3 is going towards now; the Press and Shareholders.

Around the Network

Bravely Default HD... because every thread deserves it.

What was we were talking about? Oh, yes.... reggie is the sux

“I have heard people say, ‘You know, you’ve got these fantastic franchises, beyond what you’re doing in Smash Bros., isn’t there a way to leverage all these franchises?’ So we create Nintendo Land"

Xxain said:

Nintendo doesn't need new IP's. They need to do more with the IP's they already. We get alot of Mario and alot of pokemon. I would love to see STAR FOX, METROID, F-ZERO, FIRE EMBLEM, SIN&PUNISHMENT, YOSHI ISLAND, EARTHBOUND(seriously, outsource to Atlus or something), KIRBY get more of a push more often.

Not to mention if Nintendo created New IP's, they would create them with the same heart they do now so if you have a problem with their current IP's you'll have a problem with new ones. 

See, that's exactly what he's pointing too.

Last gen we saw Metroid (MP3 and MOM), Sin&Punishment, Yoshi... we just got Fire Emblem on 3DS and Fzero is in Nintendo Land (its a racing game, it doesn't need a full game to itself) as well as almost every other major Nintendo IP in some form.

Rumors are Star Fox is coming with WiiU via Retro.

Nintendo does do this and gives us all of their IPs regularly for the most part. It just doesn't matter. Minute one game launches you ask for another so its an endless cycle of never being satisfied.

Which is fine overall as it keeps Nintendo going and creating over and over again. But, you have to say thank you at some point and just know that the next big iteration of your IP is coming.

superchunk said:

See, that's exactly what he's pointing too.

Last gen we saw Metroid (MP3 and MOM), Sin&Punishment, Yoshi... we just got Fire Emblem on 3DS and Fzero is in Nintendo Land (its a racing game, it doesn't need a full game to itself) as well as almost every other major Nintendo IP in some form.

Rumors are Star Fox is coming with WiiU via Retro.

Nintendo does do this and gives us all of their IPs regularly for the most part. It just doesn't matter. Minute one game launches you ask for another so its an endless cycle of never being satisfied.

Which is fine overall as it keeps Nintendo going and creating over and over again. But, you have to say thank you at some point and just know that the next big iteration of your IP is coming.

I agree with you on everything except that part, we do need a complete F-zero game!

Nintendo and PC gamer

VicViper said:

Bravely Default HD... because every thread deserves it.

What was we were talking about? Oh, yes.... reggie is the sux

Oh, yeah we were talking about the fact that he didn't bring it up during E3, in any way shape or form. That's a fail in my book.