By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo can never seem to satisfy fans

Andrespetmonkey said:

1st party or 3rd. I don't really care about what they should do to be honest. Just saying that to satisfy me, they'll need to give me new IPs I'm interested in. ZombiU is a good example, Pikmin 3 looks promising (I know this obviously isn't new lol)... keep that shit up and I'll buy a Wii U. Mario and Zelda mean nothing to me. I can objectively look at those games and tell they are good, I just have no interest in playing them. 

I agree with most of what you said. This is just me being selfish and only thinking about what I want, but hey, that's what would satisfy me :P

Fair enough, then if that's what you want, then Nintendo needs to know. And once Nintendo knows, they need to show you that they know.

Ultimately, I think the WiiU will get those games you're looking for, but it's up to them to present it right either in their Nintendo Directs, but even more so at their E3.

If not, we'll let you know ;)

Around the Network

It's because they are stuck in the past content wise.

Reggie is completely right.

People are way too demanding/selfish/foolish/greedy/spoiled/shortsighted/arrogant/ignorant these days.

It's because they make sequels too different to their predecessors in gameplay.

I would buy games exactly like SM64/Metroid Prime/Zelda NES etc until the end of time, as often as they care to release them, but the sequels (respectively Galaxy/Prime 3 or Other M/Ocarina) were so different in gameplay that it's like the series itself is dead.

Soleron said:

I would buy games exactly like SM64/Metroid Prime/Zelda NES etc until the end of time, as often as they care to release them, but the sequels (respectively Galaxy/Prime 3 or Other M/Ocarina) were so different in gameplay that it's like the series itself is dead.

Then fans would complain that there aren't enough new ideas from Nintendo. And they would be right.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network
F0X said:
Soleron said:

Then fans would complain that there aren't enough new ideas from Nintendo. And they would be right.

True, so they need to branch out and make an N64 version and an evolving version, as well as  a 2D version, so then people can complain that there is yet too much Mario.

:( Maybe The1 is right.

F0X said:
Soleron said:

Distinguish between gameplay (which should be the same) and content like new levels (which should change).

Internet forum people will always complain, but anyone who enjoyed game X will buy game X+1 if it's the same with all new content.

Halo and CoD have it right. Make the exact same game with high production value and new world/story every year or so; rake in the sales.

Soleron said:

Other M yes, but Galaxy?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

happydolphin said:
F0X said:
Soleron said:

True, so they need to branch out and make an N64 version and an evolving version, as well as  a 2D version, so then people can complain that there is yet too much Mario.

:( Maybe The1 is right.

ha-ha probably

Nintendo is a multi-billion dollar corporation with a market cap comparable to all of Sony. They made a fortune off of the Wii and DS. Instead of complaining that the core fans can't be satisfied, why doesn't Nintendo use that extra cash to hire some more developers and work on franchises that people want?