By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo can never seem to satisfy fans

happydolphin said:
F0X said:
Soleron said:

It's because they make sequels too different to their predecessors in gameplay.

I would buy games exactly like SM64/Metroid Prime/Zelda NES etc until the end of time, as often as they care to release them, but the sequels (respectively Galaxy/Prime 3 or Other M/Ocarina) were so different in gameplay that it's like the series itself is dead.

Then fans would complain that there aren't enough new ideas from Nintendo. And they would be right.

True, so they need to branch out and make an N64 version and an evolving version, as well as  a 2D version, so then people can complain that there is yet too much Mario.

:( Maybe The1 is right.

Then people would also want sequels to the evolving version. There are people out there who'd love a Super Mario Sunshine sequel, and many would be disappointed if the next 3D Mario game for Wii U isn't Galaxy 3.

I think having four strings maximum (2D console, 2D Handheld, 3D console, and 3D handheld) would be acceptable. Apparently Nintendo thinks the same way, what with how Mario is being handled. And all Zelda needs is a couple more 2D games (or merely gameplay locked on a 2D plane).

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
NintendoPie said:

Well then they need to get the community to look at and watch Nintendo Direct. That's what they need.

Too much to ask. Remember, these are mostly not Nintendo fans. The only way for that to happen is if they became Nintendo fans. To do that, they need to improve what they're doing.

I know you don't like to hear that, but it's just true. They've been failing their E3 presentations year after year, it's time they realize the problem is with them and not with us...

Last years was perfect. Year before that was great.

Everyone failed this year. Many failed years before. E3 is failing.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Reggie is completely right.

People are way too demanding/selfish/foolish/greedy/spoiled/shortsighted/arrogant/ignorant these days.

Yes! Make them feel even worse!

NintendoPie said:

Yeah, but Pie, Ninty was the only one to actually announce a new console!

MontanaHatchet said:
Nintendo is a multi-billion dollar corporation with a market cap comparable to all of Sony. They made a fortune off of the Wii and DS. Instead of complaining that the core fans can't be satisfied, why doesn't Nintendo use that extra cash to hire some more developers and work on franchises that people want?

I think so. But maybe both views are right. Maybe Nintendo should do what you're saying, and also ignore those who just seem never satisfied after all is done perfectly.

But honestly, NOA's not there yet imho. They still have lots to correct without exaggerating in regards to meeting requests.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
NintendoPie said:

Yeah, but Pie, Ninty was the only one to actually announce a new console!

Last year. I thought they did OK this year. The ending almost was horrible... but the rest was great.

E3 is failing. I would think that would be obvious. As Companies Own "Conferences" become more popular E3 becomes less needed.

Mr Khan said:
Soleron said:

It's because they make sequels too different to their predecessors in gameplay.

I would buy games exactly like SM64/Metroid Prime/Zelda NES etc until the end of time, as often as they care to release them, but the sequels (respectively Galaxy/Prime 3 or Other M/Ocarina) were so different in gameplay that it's like the series itself is dead.

Other M yes, but Galaxy?

64 and Sunshine had a hub world, and each level was open and thematically complete (you could imagine you were exploring a hotel, or a lake, or a mountain). Galaxy is a series of small planets each with a different puzzle one after the other for the whole game, you couldn't run around and do as you wanted.

I'm not saying one is better, I'm saying the gameplay changed enough so people who liked 64 could dislike Galaxy and vice versa.

But it is the weakest example there, admittedly. I'd like to focus on the difference between new gameplay and new content as I said.

NintendoPie said:

Last year. I thought they did OK this year. The ending almost was horrible... but the rest was great.

E3 is failing. I would think that would be obvious. As Companies Own "Conferences" become more popular E3 becomes less needed.

Nah, that's not true. E3 is strong as ever. The other conferences are for dedicated fans imho.

Also, you said all failed, and I was just replying to that, saying Nintendo was held to a higher standard this year since they were presenting a soon to be released console.

happydolphin said:
NintendoPie said:

Nah, that's not true. E3 is strong as ever. The other conferences are for dedicated fans imho.

Also, you said all failed, and I was just replying to that, saying Nintendo was held to a higher standard this year since they were presenting a soon to be released console.

Which I thought they did well.

E3 is failing. It will fail. I'm pretty sure there were several articles on this.

F0X said:

Then people would also want sequels to the evolving version. There are people out there who'd love a Super Mario Sunshine sequel, and many would be disappointed if the next 3D Mario game for Wii U isn't Galaxy 3.

Yep, this.

Nintendo acted for years (1996-2006) that 3D Mario had replaced 2D Mario and it was the same. NSMB made them realise (I hope) the audiences for the games are actually different.

They've just done this to Kid Icarus, to give another example. NES =/= 3DS, but they act like "we've given you Kid Icarus".