By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo can never seem to satisfy fans

Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime was interview by Kotaku after this years E3 event and was asked why Nintendo’s E3 press conference was a disappointment. Reggie replied by saying that the hardcore gamer is an exceptionally hard gamer to please, and that Nintendo showcased the franchises that gamers have wanted to see.

Kotaku: Why do you think your press conference got a negative response among a lot of our readers who felt there wasn’t a lot that was new there, that was that different from what had been shown last year [on Wii U] in demo form?

Fils-Aime: One of the things that, on one hand, I love and, on the other hand, that troubles me tremendously about not only our fanbase but about the gaming community at large is that, whenever you share information, the perspective is, ‘Thank you, but I want more.’ ‘Thank you, but give me more.’ I mean, it is insatiable.

“And so for years this community has been asking, ‘Where’s Pikmin?’ ‘Where’s Pikmin?’ ‘Where’sPikmin?’ We give them Pikmin. And then they say, ‘What else?’

“For years, this community have said, ‘Damnit Reggie, when you launch, you better launch with a Mario game.’ So we launch with a Mario game, and they say, ‘So what’s more?’

“I have heard people say, ‘You know, you’ve got these fantastic franchises, beyond what you’re doing in Smash Bros., isn’t there a way to leverage all these franchises?’ So we create Nintendo Land and they say, ‘Ho-hum, give me more.’ So it’s an interesting challenge.”

source: http://mynintendonews.com/2012/06/22/nintendo-of-america-president-says-nintendo-can-never-seem-to-satisfy-fans/

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

I bet all of you guys feel bad now.

Bad Nintendo Fans! Bad!

I wanted a White 3DS XL Reggie!

Give me new IPs or give me death

Around the Network

haha its funny but he is right but at the same time as Nintendo fans we are used to surprises at E3 (not Nintendo land kind of surprises) but more like Metroid -_-

no thats just what I wanted to see :P

NintendoPie: horry sheit!! your post count :O don't you ever go out and play or something?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
haha its funny but he is right but at the same time as Nintendo fans we are used to surprises at E3 (not Nintendo land kind of surprises) but more like Metroid -_-

NintendoPie: horry sheit!! your post count :O don't you ever go out and play or something?

If you payed attention to my existence you would notice I've been gone!

Now get on topic.

The Nintendo Directs seem to do a better job of things.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

NintendoPie said:
Roma said:

If you payed attention to my existence you would notice I've been gone!

Now get on topic.

Haha well I haven’t been around much lately so  

OP: its hard to please everybody Reggie

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

It's not what they're offering, it's how they're presenting. Like Khan said, Nintendo Direct is doing great to please us, so why not learn from their mistakes and fix how they do E3. Reggie is either not fit for the task, or he's just not doing it right.

Imho, something's gotta give. Nintendo's image is in jeopardy at every passing E3.