By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo can never seem to satisfy fans

Around the Network

I was happy with "Nintendo" games at E3. I just didn't like the presentation and I don't think they did well at all to convince the PS360 owner to upgrade.

Nintendo Direct seems to be doing a far better job at that stuff, but the PS360 owner typically won't even know they exist whereas they will hear/see E3 due to watching it in general or mass media.

happydolphin said:

It's not what they're offering, it's how they're presenting. Like Khan said, Nintendo Direct is doing great to please us, so why not learn from their mistakes and fix how they do E3. Reggie is either not fit for the task, or he's just not doing it right.

Imho, something's gotta give. Nintendo's image is in jeopardy at every passing E3.

Or maybe E3 should die and every company should hold their own "Directs"?

happydolphin said:

It's not what they're offering, it's how they're presenting. Like Khan said, Nintendo Direct is doing great to please us, so why not learn from their mistakes and fix how they do E3. Reggie is either not fit for the task, or he's just not doing it right.

Imho, something's gotta give. Nintendo's image is in jeopardy at every passing E3.

Maybe Nintendo just wanted to "impress" the investors at E3 then leave the most important stuff for core gamers at the ND? 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Nintendo should stop listening to fans. And since I'm a fan I think Nintendo should ignore what I have to say in this post.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

@osed. Read this it's for you too.

NintendoPie said:

happydolphin said:

Never! E3 is there for a reason, and Nintendo needs to learn who the crowd there is. Yes there is media, I won't deny it. But there is a very eager gamer community attending it online, and Nintendo needs to know how to hit both birds (media and gamerbase) with the same stone (their presentation).

For example, they needed to showcase the 3rd party multi-plats more, and talk more about their core japanese games like fire emblem and professor layton at their 3DS conference.

I think Nintendo of America does a poor job and they almost don't even realize what Nintendo means to us gamers, they don't realize how big they are a player in the industry and are selling themselves short at every E3.

I feel bad now :(

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

happydolphin said:

Never! E3 is there for a reason, and Nintendo needs to learn who the crowd there is. Yes there is media, I won't deny it. But there is a very eager gamer community attending it online, and Nintendo needs to know how to hit both birds (media and gamerbase) with the same stone (their presentation).

For example, they needed to showcase the 3rd party multi-plats more, and talk more about their core japanese games like fire emblem and professor layton at their 3DS conference.

I think Nintendo of America does a poor job and they almost don't even realize what Nintendo means to us gamers, they don't realize how big they are a player in the industry and are selling themselves short at every E3.

I agree that they need to see this way. But I also think E3 is dying.

Andrespetmonkey said:
Give me new IPs or give me death

Nintendo doesn't need new IP's. They need to do more with the IP's they already. We get alot of Mario and alot of pokemon. I would love to see STAR FOX, METROID, F-ZERO, FIRE EMBLEM, SIN&PUNISHMENT, YOSHI ISLAND, EARTHBOUND(seriously, outsource to Atlus or something), KIRBY get more of a push more often.

Not to mention if Nintendo created New IP's, they would create them with the same heart they do now so if you have a problem with their current IP's you'll have a problem with new ones. 

happydolphin said:

NintendoPie said:

happydolphin said:

Retails. Do not forget that retailers are at E3. And they love dance games.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero