By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will Nintendo release for Christmas 08?

ArtofAngels said:
What's the deal with everyone who mentions Kid Icarus, who would buy it? Is it even that big of a franchise?

It was never given a chance to be a big franchise...

Hand it over to Retro...I promise it will be big.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
The Monolith RPG MIGHT be a system seller in Japan...

If it's really good, future iterations will be system sellers.

well it could become a system seller if it was heavily advertised

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

ArtofAngels said:
What's the deal with everyone who mentions Kid Icarus, who would buy it? Is it even that big of a franchise?

no its not really a big franchise but it was a good games,i want retro to make the next one im sure they will make it rock

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Nintendogs Wii FTW.

ArtofAngels said:

1: It's a classic franchise.

2: I'm guessing "everyone who mentions Kid Icarus" might buy it.

3: You're on vgchartz, why not look at the numbers.

Star Fox doesn't sell millions and millions of games any more. Fire Emblem doesn't sell millions. Should everyone stop rooting for new Star Fox and Fire Emblem games?

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Around the Network
quigontcb said:
ArtofAngels said:

1: It's a classic franchise.

2: I'm guessing "everyone who mentions Kid Icarus" might buy it.

3: You're on vgchartz, why not look at the numbers.

Star Fox doesn't sell millions and millions of games any more. Fire Emblem doesn't sell millions. Should everyone stop rooting for new Star Fox and Fire Emblem games?

So I took upon your challenge, now I have one for you, please point out what is so great about these numbers? 
Kid Icarus NES:

Animal Crossing MMO, Pikmin 3 and then they need something for the 'core' players... Hmmmm.... Either Star Fox or Kirby (Donkey Kong is a long shot) I'd guess.

In Japan the Monolith Soft RPG for Christmas but '09 in NA/Others

While I think Nintendo has tons of great stuff they haven't talked about (Animal Crossing F-Zero etc.) I don't think holiday 2008 will have anything huge we haven't heard about. Thsoe games might get announced for end of year 08 but will land in 09. For this year expect a new color and a big push for WiiMusic, WiiFit etc. Kart will probably be teh holiday title, at least in Europe.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Yeah, Kid Icarus (like R.O.B.) has become a bit of an urban legend. He was on the old "Captain-N" cartoon along with Mega Man and Simon Belmont, but he was the only character not to have a massive video game following. Still, that cartoon got the Kid's name out.

I hear Kid Icarus was a great game, but I have never met anyone who actually admits they played it. It came out too early in the Nintendo Entertainment Center's life-span. Still, if Nintendo makes a really good game, with this franchises(?) reputation, I see it being a winner. SSBB will be important in seeing how Nintendo fans accept the character.

They will probably make a cool DS and Wii combo lineup ... Im not shure that it will be epic , but it will be good :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!