By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will Nintendo release for Christmas 08?

Kid Icarius
THE Monolith rpg
A game from retro studios
Pikmin 3
F- zero
and much more.

Around the Network

The perfect Christmas gift would be to finally reach Demand :) Too many people simply want a Wii.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

"Nintendogs Online" would outsell SSBB, Mario Kart or SMG.

I'm sure these games will be part of the Nintendo holiday line-up:
1. Mario Kart
2. Pikmin
3. Animal Crossing
4. Star Fox (not the kind the fans really want)

If that back cover of the new nintendo power topic holds true, I'll predict nintendo going to promote alot of rpg games for this holiday season. So the Monolith RPG might be a possibility or a true pokemon game??

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Yeah, Kid Icarus (like R.O.B.) has become a bit of an urban legend. He was on the old "Captain-N" cartoon along with Mega Man and Simon Belmont, but he was the only character not to have a massive video game following. Still, that cartoon got the Kid's name out.

I hear Kid Icarus was a great game, but I have never met anyone who actually admits they played it. It came out too early in the Nintendo Entertainment Center's life-span. Still, if Nintendo makes a really good game, with this franchises(?) reputation, I see it being a winner. SSBB will be important in seeing how Nintendo fans accept the character.

I played it. I beat it. Fantastic game. Leagues better than Metroid. Best fantasy setting. If done right, a new game in this setting could be massive. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

probably smash bros brawl knowing there delays... us brits will get it really late

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

ArtofAngels said:
quigontcb said:
ArtofAngels said:
What's the deal with everyone who mentions Kid Icarus, who would buy it? Is it even that big of a franchise?

1: It's a classic franchise.

2: I'm guessing "everyone who mentions Kid Icarus" might buy it.

3: You're on vgchartz, why not look at the numbers.

Star Fox doesn't sell millions and millions of games any more. Fire Emblem doesn't sell millions. Should everyone stop rooting for new Star Fox and Fire Emblem games?

So I took upon your challenge, now I have one for you, please point out what is so great about these numbers?
Kid Icarus NES:

I never said they were great, but I didn't say they weren't either. You asked how big of a franshise it was with the numbers sitting right here on this site. I just pointed out the obvious for you.

Just asking out of morbid curiosity here, but why are you so uptight about Kid Icarus fans wanting a new Kid Icarus game?

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

I replied like that because it sounded like you were being cocky on your point (3)

My bad I must of interpreted it wrong.

They have give up wit Starfox(Nintendo didnt develop a single game in the series)and FZERO must be years ahead...so I would say either they delay Mario Kart or they churn out some big DS franchise as Nintendogs or Animal Crossing...that and Wiifit and they will contnue to swim in casual money.