By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GamrDebate: Why the 3DS does NOT need a second analogue nub (and will you be getting the 3DSXL?)

Should the 3DS have a second analogue nub?

Yes! 103 40.87%

No! 73 28.97%

I DON'T CARE! 48 19.05%

View results... 27 10.71%

Total:251
F0X said:
KylieDog said:
F0X said:
Mr Khan said:
KylieDog said:
If you want to be competitive and play a game that isn't dumbed down you need a second analogue for many genres, like third person shooters or FPS, FPS especially.

Sakurai-san called the second analogue the dumbed-down option as far as Kid Icarus Uprising went.

Quoted for truth.

A shame the truth ends at the fact he said that, not in the content of his words.

I use "as far as Kid Icarus Uprising went" as the qualifier. After having played the game for forty hours I don't think dual-analog controls would be an improvement, mainly because I despise using analog sticks for on-rails gameplay.

But I'd say most shooters would be better off with dual-analog controls (see: Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D), because by definition a tradtional shooter is built for traditional control methods. :P

Also I would argue that the current controls of Kid Icarus allow for deadly accurate and precise aiming and shooting, which is a quality that definitely fits the genre as the games land battles are hectic on the 9 difficulty (I only beat chapters 1-12 on 9 and the rest on 8 7 and 6).

Around the Network
VicViper said:

Europe is not going to include the charger... very strange indeed... but if you have a DSi, DSi XL or 3DS you're set... it's the same.

These are probably be cheap

But if you have a DSLite you're f***ed! The one on top is 12€ and the lower one with the stand is 15€, far from cheap. And believe me the racket on French sites/forums is epic! 

And btw 3DSXL + charger + circle pad pro (which doesn't even exist yet for XL) = PSVita (maybe even more expensive because PSVita is currently 50€ off at some retailers)

^^^
Haha
you thats hilarious...the charger is 10euro, the base is not necessary...what a cheap argument to make the Vita more appealing than the XL

It would just completely drive away all support of early 3DS buyers (before the price cut).
First, they feel ripped off because of the price cut, then they have to buy this chunky peripheral in order to play most future release games.

That wouldn't go too well

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Why us there not an option for "Maybe"? Huh, ConeGamer?!?!

Around the Network

Would have considered buying it if their was a bigger boost in battery life or if they included the second nub, as it is it's a no go for me. Besides, the size of the original system is a selling point for me. The Vita and this new model aren't very pocket friendly, and I don't have room for too many electronics considering I carry my phone and tablet with me most places.

I might by the Nyko battery pack/second analogue nub attachment if the right trigger button is accessible. That's my biggest problem with the CC pro, it covers the R button. Its solution to this problem is to introduce a new R button, but the button doesn't work on games that don't support the CC Pro! So I have to take the attachment off if I want to play a game that doesn't use it and uses the R button. Part of the reason I was really hoping for an update with the nub built in, and it's not like it would have split the market. Nintendo could have just required all games made that support the nub also have an alternate control scheme, and everyone would be happy.

ryuzaki57 said:
VicViper said:

Europe is not going to include the charger... very strange indeed... but if you have a DSi, DSi XL or 3DS you're set... it's the same.

But if you have a DSLite you're f***ed! The one on top is 12€ and the lower one with the stand is 15€, far from cheap. And believe me the racket on French sites/forums is epic! 

And btw 3DSXL + charger + circle pad pro (which doesn't even exist yet for XL) = PSVita (maybe even more expensive because PSVita is currently 50€ off at some retailers)

At least it comes with a 20 euro bonus, right? I heard 4GB memory cards cost this these days.

Seriously now... really strange move, but hardly a big problem... lol, nothing to be "f****ed" - what's this, first-world problems?

Day one purchase for me.

I really like the big screen and longer battery life, and it will be a big leap forward from my DS Lite

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Significant_leap said:
^^^
Haha
you thats hilarious...the charger is 10euro, the base is not necessary...what a cheap argument to make the Vita more appealing than the XL

I am just saying that 3DS loses the price advantage, a stupid move in marketing terms. They're both very good systems (I have both and I'm satisfied with both). Ultimately the value or appeal depends on whichever games you prefer, which is your personal liking.

And believe me the base is very convenient, I couldn't live without it now. 

VicViper said:
ryuzaki57 said:
VicViper said:

At least it comes with a 20 euro bonus, right? I heard 4GB memory cards cost this these days.

Seriously now... really strange move, but hardly a big problem... lol, nothing to be "f****ed" - what's this, first-world problems?

No, a 4GB SD card costs 4€ on Amazon. And 2 more GB are not essential, an AC adapter is.