By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GamrDebate: Why the 3DS does NOT need a second analogue nub (and will you be getting the 3DSXL?)

Should the 3DS have a second analogue nub?

Yes! 103 40.87%

No! 73 28.97%

I DON'T CARE! 48 19.05%

View results... 27 10.71%

Total:251

I'm intrigued, the poll is neck-and-neck! Seems as though the site is split on this issue...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

i dont need a second CPP for just 3 games (you forgot MGS3D), there are not FPS on the system and other 3D games use alternate control sytems that work...also, Vitas analogs are absolutely crappy imo, and i nearly nobody complaint...i think Sony gets a pass while Nintendo is attacked 24/7 even if their decisions are based on pure logic...

Significant_leap said:
i dont need a second CPP for just 3 games (you forgot MGS3D), there are not FPS on the system and other 3D games use alternate control sytems that work...also, Vitas analogs are absolutely crappy imo, and i nearly nobody complaint...i think Sony gets a pass while Nintendo is attacked 24/7 even if their decisions are based on pure logic...

I tried the CPP for that, and didn't like it. It's why I didn't include Kid Icarus either.

But you're correct, for the most part. But I like the dual sticks on the Vita, even if they do stick out a bit...

Conegamer said:
JoeTheBro said:
Don't fool yourselfs. Of course the 3DS would be better with a second nub, Nintendo would just be foolish to add it. Your argument about games supporting it is pretty weak but your first point is gold.

Ya I'd want a second nub but obviously Nintendo didn't. Since it didn't happen early in the generation, it might be added far down the road to keep the system selling.

Sorta like the WiiMotion+? 

The reason for my second point is that very few games use Nintendo add-ons, unless Nintendo supports them heavily. I mean, look at the Wii Balance Board and the Motion+, which are probably Nintendo's most supported add-ons. How many 3rd-parties use them?

they supported those??? Where are the games??

oniyide said:
Conegamer said:
JoeTheBro said:
Don't fool yourselfs. Of course the 3DS would be better with a second nub, Nintendo would just be foolish to add it. Your argument about games supporting it is pretty weak but your first point is gold.

Ya I'd want a second nub but obviously Nintendo didn't. Since it didn't happen early in the generation, it might be added far down the road to keep the system selling.

The reason for my second point is that very few games use Nintendo add-ons, unless Nintendo supports them heavily. I mean, look at the Wii Balance Board and the Motion+, which are probably Nintendo's most supported add-ons. How many 3rd-parties use them?

That's my point. So why do people believe the second nub would be any different?

Around the Network
Significant_leap said:

nobody complained because for the most part people who HAVE the Vita are quite satisfied with the two sticks. Hows that for logic. YOur opinion is a minority one, hows 

Conegamer said:
oniyide said:
Conegamer said:
JoeTheBro said:

That's my point. So why do people believe the second nub would be any different?

touche, good sir.  Personally, i dont care at all. im sticking with my regular old black 3DS

oniyide said:
Conegamer said:
oniyide said:
Conegamer said:

touche, good sir.  Personally, i dont care at all. im sticking with my regular old black 3DS

Agreed. My Blue 3DS is perfectly fine and shows no signs of it needing to be replaced anytime soon. And I've 'survived' for 15 months without a second nub; I think I'll be fine from here ;)

FPS you said?

KylieDog said:
If you want to be competitive and play a game that isn't dumbed down you need a second analogue for many genres, like third person shooters or FPS, FPS especially.

Honestly i dont see 3DS getting alot of FPSs, the regular DS didnt and 3ds has already been on the market for year and ther isnt one in sight. FPS might be more of a Vita thing