By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GamrDebate: Why the 3DS does NOT need a second analogue nub (and will you be getting the 3DSXL?)

Should the 3DS have a second analogue nub?

Yes! 103 40.87%

No! 73 28.97%

I DON'T CARE! 48 19.05%

View results... 27 10.71%

Total:251
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
No because then it would have to find a way to incorporate the ZR and ZL buttons as well thus messing up the design.

finally someone else who noticed the key bit. I been trying to say this in another thread but many people just don't read what others say and read op only then commenting yes it should.

I betmost those who say yes are not aware of the two extra shoulder buttons and thing it is just a circle nub addon.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
No because then it would have to find a way to incorporate the ZR and ZL buttons as well thus messing up the design.

finally someone else who noticed the key bit. I been trying to say this in another thread but many people just don't read what others say and read op only then commenting yes it should.

I betmost those who say yes are not aware of the two extra shoulder buttons and thing it is just a circle nub addon.

Agreed. I didn't include in the OP, because it's about why there should be no second nub, and nothing else.

But yeah, you're completely right. The buttons are just madness.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Cobretti2 said:
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:

Agreed. I didn't include in the OP, because it's about why there should be no second nub, and nothing else.

they are madness because if Nintendo ever did add the second nub in a future revision, I would be pissed of as I would not be able to live without those buttons in games like RE:R as they are used.

Cobretti2 said:
Conegamer said:
Cobretti2 said:
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:

they are madness because if Nintendo ever did add the second nub in a future revision, I would be pissed of as I would not be able to live without those buttons in games like RE:R as they are used.

Which is exactly what I outlined in the OP.

Nintendo are stuck really, but only by people who expect urealistic outcomes.

It's too late for that, should have been there day one, it wasnt.
they cant give the back to early adopters that soon.
Devs also should make games with the first control scheme in mind, making it an option avalible in hardware might make the devs focus more on 2nd analog controls making it unfair for early adopter.

Around the Network

I think it wouldn't matter if they make a cheaper CPP, because then more people would have access to it. I mean, if someone were willing to pay $30 extra for a 3DS XL, then $10 for a CPP (which I know it's more) would be a nice price that most people could afford to spare. I would buy a CPP regardless if my games needed it if I could get it for $10.

Only if nitendo themselves would provided software that can utilize duel anolog then it will catch on

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:
Only if nitendo themselves would provided software that can utilize duel anolog then it will catch on

Exactly. And that hasn't happened yet, and it doesn't look like it's gonna happen anytime soon.

Don't fool yourselfs. Of course the 3DS would be better with a second nub, Nintendo would just be foolish to add it. Your argument about games supporting it is pretty weak but your first point is gold.

Ya I'd want a second nub but obviously Nintendo didn't. Since it didn't happen early in the generation, it might be added far down the road to keep the system selling.

JoeTheBro said:
Don't fool yourselfs. Of course the 3DS would be better with a second nub, Nintendo would just be foolish to add it. Your argument about games supporting it is pretty weak but your first point is gold.

Ya I'd want a second nub but obviously Nintendo didn't. Since it didn't happen early in the generation, it might be added far down the road to keep the system selling.

Sorta like the WiiMotion+? 

The reason for my second point is that very few games use Nintendo add-ons, unless Nintendo supports them heavily. I mean, look at the Wii Balance Board and the Motion+, which are probably Nintendo's most supported add-ons. How many 3rd-parties use them?