By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GamrDebate: Why the 3DS does NOT need a second analogue nub (and will you be getting the 3DSXL?)

Should the 3DS have a second analogue nub?

Yes! 103 40.87%

No! 73 28.97%

I DON'T CARE! 48 19.05%

View results... 27 10.71%

Total:251

what really makes me freak out is the fact that Nintendo seem to be taking bad decisions nonstop, in the eyes of a lot of people here...lets recap, N64 was a failure, so was the Gc, the Wii is just a console for non gamers, the WiiU is already doomed, going 3D with the 3DS was a bad decision, the a lack of a second circle pad is unforgivable....just LOL

Around the Network
Significant_leap said:
what really makes me freak out is the fact that Nintendo seem to be taking bad decisions nonstop, in the eyes of a lot of people here...lets recap, N64 was a failure, so was the Gc, the Wii is just a console for non gamers, the WiiU is already doomed, going 3D with the 3DS was a bad decision, the a lack of a second circle pad is unforgivable....just LOL

I don't exactly see it that way.  Not really at all.  I guess I'm a bit different than these people.

osed125 said:

Imo the second analog nub isn't necessary for the Japanese audience, look how great is doing without it, developers don't need it (the only game I can think of that will really benefit from it is Monster Hunter), but from a western perspective I think most of them need it, either for making a FPS or having an easier way to control the camera and I think that's the main reason we won't see much third-party support from western developers anytime soon.

Nintendo hasn't struggles really without 3rd party support (and they've had a fair bit with the 3DS so far), so I don't think they worry.

I have 9 3DS games, all from Japanese devs, either Nintendo, Capcom, Namco, Squeenix or Sega.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
osed125 said:

Imo the second analog nub isn't necessary for the Japanese audience, look how great is doing without it, developers don't need it (the only game I can think of that will really benefit from it is Monster Hunter), but from a western perspective I think most of them need it, either for making a FPS or having an easier way to control the camera and I think that's the main reason we won't see much third-party support from western developers anytime soon.

Nintendo hasn't struggles really without 3rd party support (and they've had a fair bit with the 3DS so far), so I don't think they worry.

I have 9 3DS games, all from Japanese devs, either Nintendo, Capcom, Namco, Squeenix or Sega.

They haven't struggled from a portable standpoint, but it was the reason for the early end of their console. Stronger 3rd party support and higher SW sales would have likely kept the Wii U away for another year.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Conegamer said:
osed125 said:

They haven't struggled from a portable standpoint, but it was the reason for the early end of their console. Stronger 3rd party support and higher SW sales would have likely kept the Wii U away for another year.

The Wii was in a different position, though, because it was always a 'fad'. It didn't have the power to keep up with the constantly changing environment, so games couldn't be created for all 3 consoles easily. This problem won't happen with the 3DS, as it'll likely be the lead console for many games due to it being in a much better situation sales-wise. So devs, and therefore games, will adapt to what they have, and that's a touchscreen and a single analogue nub. 

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
outlawauron said:
Conegamer said:
osed125 said:

The Wii was in a different position, though, because it was always a 'fad'. It didn't have the power to keep up with the constantly changing environment, so games couldn't be created for all 3 consoles easily. This problem won't happen with the 3DS, as it'll likely be the lead console for many games due to it being in a much better situation sales-wise. So devs, and therefore games, will adapt to what they have, and that's a touchscreen and a single analogue nub. 

the sad thing is they won't i bet most developers would still rather develop on vita even though it has poor sales. Nintnedo will always be a stigma on the industry because it outsells 3rd party software. Jelousy is a big motivator to avoid nintendo products.

Also I think I got more than 9 3DS games myself. lost track.

Cobretti2 said:
Conegamer said:
outlawauron said:
Conegamer said:
osed125 said:

the sad thing is they won't i bet most developers would still rather develop on vita even though it has poor sales. Nintnedo will always be a stigma on the industry because it outsells 3rd party software. Jelousy is a big motivator to avoid nintendo products.

Also I think I got more than 9 3DS games myself. lost track.

In previous generations, I would have said that, but Nintendo have really got Japan sewn up. So maybe they'll take the West on with the WiiU? 

They said it could be the prefered COD platform. Why? What are they doing?

Conegamer said:
In previous generations, I would have said that, but Nintendo have really got Japan sewn up. So maybe they'll take the West on with the WiiU? 

They said it could be the prefered COD platform. Why? What are they doing?

I agree with you, maybe Nintendo's plan is to make the Wii U their main western third-party platform while the 3DS is their main Japanese third-party platform, I personally found that quite possible.

Nintendo and PC gamer

i dont think 3rd partys are going to support Nintendo, not in the west at least, they dont believe theres going to be enough feedback from the users here in terms of 3rd party games sales, funny how that happens just because they actually dont support Nintendo, its an stupidity spiral that cant be stopped...

Significant_leap said:
i dont think 3rd partys are going to support Nintendo, not in the west at least, they dont believe theres going to be enough feedback from the users here in terms of 3rd party games sales, funny how that happens just because they actually dont support Nintendo, its an stupidity spiral that cant be stopped...

The difference is that the WiiU is new, and more powerful. People, especially western devs, like the extra power, and by being on the market earlier gives Nintendo leverage to get the west onside. So by being first, and having no real competition in terms of its technical specs, it may just be what Nintendo needs to pull the rug from under MS' feet.

Maybe.

Unlikely.

No.