By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: We won't show PS4 until it can demonstrate 'a significant leap'

Will PS4 be alien technology?

Yeah 208 53.06%

No 183 46.68%

Total:391
Dodece said:
I am somewhat bemused by the posters that think the PS4 and the Next Box will be in some way comparable as far as raw power will be concerned. Microsoft has made it a point to push the envelope. Not only does their model for console gaming allow them to have a substantial loss lead. Their cash reserves ensure they have the power to really make that a reality. I expect the Next Box to be at least twice as powerful, but more likely to be three times more powerful.

This was a pretty good joke. Thanks for the laugh.

Around the Network
Dodece said:
I am somewhat bemused by the posters that think the PS4 and the Next Box will be in some way comparable as far as raw power will be concerned. Microsoft has made it a point to push the envelope. Not only does their model for console gaming allow them to have a substantial loss lead. Their cash reserves ensure they have the power to really make that a reality. I expect the Next Box to be at least twice as powerful, but more likely to be three times more powerful.

According to the leaked docs the nextbox wil be a media hub type set top box for a mere 299 bucks, with Kinect 2. So no it probably won't even be that much more powerful to the WiiU.

Seeing MS will price their nextbox at 300 bucks, itll mean an xbox that cost only $200, PS4 at 399 with no extra peripheral in the box would mean that its twice as expensive as the nextbox. I think this time MS will follow what Nintendo is doing, not a big leap in the graphics department but try to innovate with motion things.

I'm confident that PS4 will be the strongest console again. And they don't even need to release at 600 bucks, but this time there will be even a bigger gap in graphics.

Turkish said:
Dodece said:

According to the leaked docs the nextbox wil be a media hub type set top box for a mere 299 bucks, with Kinect 2. So no it probably won't even be that much more powerful to the WiiU.

Seeing MS will price their nextbox at 300 bucks, itll mean an xbox that cost only $200, PS4 at 399 with no extra peripheral in the box would mean that its twice as expensive as the nextbox. I think this time MS will follow what Nintendo is doing, not a big leap in the graphics department but try to innovate with motion things.

I'm confident that PS4 will be the strongest console again. And they don't even need to release at 600 bucks, but this time there will be even a bigger gap in graphics.

I'm kind of hoping the Playstation brand becomes the console that a majority of the core gamers flock to. Those that don't care about Motion controls (not saying they are bad, it's just usually they lack core titles). If Microsoft does with the Nextbox what Nintendo did with the Wii (Mostly target casuals) Hopefully a lot of Microsoft and Nintendo fans go with Sony next gen. Let Nintendo and Microsoft battle it out for the casual audience, while Sony tries to keep the hardcore happy. That being said, I do like Nintendo too :p

Turkish said:
Dodece said:

If those leaked documents are true, it does seem MS is going to approach next gen a little more like Nintendo.  While I expect the NeXbox to be more graphically capable than the Wii U, it seems like it won't be that huge of a leap.  I think they want to go the middle of the road, provide decent leap over this gen, but also focus greatly on the casuals by packaging the Kinect 2 in with every box.  I hope Sony sticks with a big leap over this gen.  With the dropping costs of Blu-ray, RAM, and HDD, they can put much more money into their CPU and GPU and either break even or sell at a small loss, which would provide some great visuals.

Millenium said:
Sounds like pr nonsense...

c'mon, tell us how you really feel lol

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
I hope he's talking about gaming quality rather than raw power.

becasue that's mutually exclusive?

A significant leap that doesn't cost more than $400 please.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Burning Typhoon said:
I'd like to know what every expects the PS4 to be able to do... I for one, am sick of seeing clipping in 3D games.

I second this!!! It's ruined several games for me this generation. 

Guess we won't be seeing the PS4 anytime soon. Even the best looking stuff shown at this year's E3 didn't demonstrate a "significant leap" over the current gen. And yes, that includes the Unreal Engine 4 tech demo. Good luck getting actual games to look that good.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

logic56 said:
Millenium said:
Sounds like pr nonsense...

c'mon, tell us how you really feel lol

7 pages of magnificent posts, and mine was important enough for you to quote, I feel flattered.