By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: We won't show PS4 until it can demonstrate 'a significant leap'

Will PS4 be alien technology?

Yeah 208 53.06%

No 183 46.68%

Total:391
Cobretti2 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

o_O what?

I'm saying they aren't going to announce an announcement, it doesn't take a genius to figure out why.

If Kaz or anyone at Sony said in an interview "Yes, we;'ll be announcing PS4 at next years E3" that would be an announcement! Of course they aren't going to say that!

And what d'you mean by they've said no to new consoles? No, it isn't in development? Because we know people have been working on the hardware, and that Sony's first party are developing games for a "next-gen home console."

Maybe they are developing party games for the WiiU so Sony can milk the WiiU sales to make AAA games.

Lol... 

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:
Cobretti2 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

o_O what?

I'm saying they aren't going to announce an announcement, it doesn't take a genius to figure out why.

If Kaz or anyone at Sony said in an interview "Yes, we;'ll be announcing PS4 at next years E3" that would be an announcement! Of course they aren't going to say that!

And what d'you mean by they've said no to new consoles? No, it isn't in development? Because we know people have been working on the hardware, and that Sony's first party are developing games for a "next-gen home console."

Maybe they are developing party games for the WiiU so Sony can milk the WiiU sales to make AAA games.

Lol... 

well it is the only logical answer as how can they be developing games for PS4 when Sony can't demonstrate a significant leap yet. Hence the hardware does not exist. If my chance it does exist it probably has $1000 worth of components.

So in ther mean time it makes sens to develop on WIiU party games to cash up for the AAAA titles. the extra A for the ultra hd gfx.

Cobretti2 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Cobretti2 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

o_O what?

Lol... 

well it is the only logical answer as how can they be developing games for PS4 when Sony can't demonstrate a significant leap yet. Hence the hardware does not exist. If my chance it does exist it probably has $1000 worth of components.

So in ther mean time it makes sens to develop on WIiU party games to cash up for the AAAA titles. the extra A for the ultra hd gfx.

They could still be developing games with a rough idea of what specs Sony will put in the PS4. What Sony means by what's said in the OP is that they can't sell the hardware they want for the right price yet. Not that the hardware doesn't exist. This could still mean 2013 is when the time is right.

Andrespetmonkey said:
Cobretti2 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Cobretti2 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

o_O what?

Lol... 

They could still be developing games with a rough idea of what specs Sony will put in the PS4. What Sony means by what's said in the OP is that they can't sell the hardware they want for the right price yet. Not that the hardware doesn't exist. This could still mean 2013 is when the time is right.

I'm curious what you and the other "pro PS4 for 2013" will say when Sony doesn't announce, show or mention it next month at GAMESCOM 2012 or in Sept at TGS 2012?

Will you still be clinging to these hopes & dreams or will you let it go and be sad in your defeat?

Persistantthug said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

I'm curious what you and the other "pro PS4 for 2013" will say when Sony doesn't announce, show or mention it next month at GAMESCOM 2012 or in Sept at TGS 2012?

Will you still be clinging to these hopes & dreams or will you let it go and be sad in your defeat?

I'll wait until next E3? Since that's a likely time of announcement for it if it's releasing Q4 2013.

If not, then I guess something I thought would happen didn't, no big deal. 

Lol "defeat" ...give me a break dude.

What will you say if it does come out in 2013? For some reason this seems to be something you care deeply about.

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:
Persistantthug said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

I'll wait until next E3? Since that's a likely time of announcement for it if it's releasing Q4 2013.

What will you say if it does come out in 2013? For some reason this seems to be something you care deeply about.

Sony gives more lead time than a measly 6 months.

They pretty much always announce 1 to 2 years ahead of launch

6 months wouldn't be enough time for marketing and mass production.

So if they do announce a PS4 at E3 2013, then it will likely be for a launch holiday 2014

Persistantthug said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

So if they do announce a PS4 at E3 2013, then it will likely be for a launch holiday 2014

Well noticed.

But I think there is a good chance they'll end that trend. Sony definitely DON'T want to release Orbis long after Durango, I really think they're going to go for the same quarter. I remember Sony saying they want to be out first, but I doubt that'll happen. Maximum is 3 months, maybe 6 months after Durango.

@Bolded It can go into production well before being announced, just like many other products. And it's not like announcing the same year as release is unheard of. Microsoft did it twice and will most likely do it again next year.

You what Persistanthug, this is all talk. How about we bet on it? ;)

$800 - launch price

Andrespetmonkey said:
Persistantthug said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Well noticed.

But I think there is a good chance they'll end that trend. Sony definitely DON'T want to release Orbis long after Durango, I really think they're going to go for the same quarter. I remember Sony saying they want to be out first, but I doubt that'll happen. Maximum is 3 months, maybe 6 months after Durango.

@Bolded It can go into production well before being announced, just like many other products. And it's not like announcing the same year as release is unheard of. Microsoft did it twice and will most likely do it again next year.

You what Persistanthug, this is all talk. How about we bet on it? ;)

I would love to.

How about a $20 (or under) game of choice from Amazon?