By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: We won't show PS4 until it can demonstrate 'a significant leap'

Will PS4 be alien technology?

Yeah 208 53.06%

No 183 46.68%

Total:391
Andrespetmonkey said:
Persistantthug said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

First of all, who said I'm not impressed by it? I'm extremely impressed by it, and I can't wait to play it, the visuals aren't particularly impressive to me as it's on par with what I've already experienced, and after getting a lovely new PC, I'm already playing games more visually advanced. The rest of the industry doesn't seem to be impressed much by how good it looks, but by how gritty and real the story is and how it's going in such a different direction to Uncharted.

Second of all, your argument holds no weight. Argumentum ad populum.

Still waiting for a counter-argument to my arguments. You said the console hasn't hit a wall, I showed you how progression has stopped and how it has hit a wall, you haven't disproved that, you've not even tried too.

No you haven't.

You've given nothing but your own conjecture.....

You don't even know for sure what Engine THE LAST OF US is running on. lol

"UC = ND engine 1.0

UC2 = ND engine 2.0

UC3 = ND engine 3.1

TLOU = ND engine 3.1 (or 3.2, either way the difference is incredibly small)"

HOW's that my own conjecture? ND have described the changes to TLOU and I've said what the sources are in another post (not to you, but in this thread)

To you, The Last Of us isn't impressive enough....to you.

Yet the entire industry is impressed with it.

get out.

o.O What the fuck... I've already replied to this. You're just reiterating the same ol' crap. To put it simply, I'm incredibly impressed by TLOU, the industry isn't particularly impressed by it's visuals (which is what we're discussing), and this is an appeal to the people... i.e. a bullshit argument.

Losing my patience here. I guess it's not only the PS3 that's hit a wall...

Don't lose patience with me.....

You should be losing patience with yourself for guessing which Engine TLOU is running on.

It seems like you want to begin to "talk technical" without actually being technical.

Like I said...

Get out.

Around the Network
Persistantthug said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Persistantthug said:

No you haven't.

"UC = ND engine 1.0

UC2 = ND engine 2.0

UC3 = ND engine 3.1

HOW's that my own conjecture? ND have described the changes to TLOU and I've said what the sources are in another post (not to you, but in this thread)

get out.

o.O What the fuck... I've already replied to this. You're just reiterating the same ol' crap. To put it simply, I'm incredibly impressed by TLOU, the industry isn't particularly impressed by it's visuals (which is what we're discussing), and this is an appeal to the people... i.e. a bullshit argument.

You should be losing patience with yourself for guessing which Engine TLOU is running on.

WAT. ND have desribed the changes to the U3 engine, and they are minimal. Not in my opinion. The visual changes are tiny.

It seems like you want to begin to "talk technical" without actually being technical.

I already have, I described the changes between TLOU and U3, and my source is the best damn source there is, Naughty

"Dog. According to ND, the only changes are changes to lighting and rendering techniques (providing a larger sense of scale). These changes are tiny, if you put TLOU and Uncharted 3 side by side, you'd really struggle to tell which one looks better. Facial animations seem a little better I guess, but again, the differences are minimal, there really isn't much they can improve on visually, the PS3 can't be pushed any further and that's my point. TLOU and BEYOND are it's peaks."

Like I said...

Get out.

Lol you can't just banish me from a thread dude. It's not my fault that you don't have any decent arguments to support your opinion.

Ten year lifespan for PS3 now ultra-confirmed.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Andrespetmonkey said:
Persistantthug said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Persistantthug said:

No you haven't.

"UC = ND engine 1.0

UC2 = ND engine 2.0

UC3 = ND engine 3.1

get out.

WAT. ND have desribed the changes to the U3 engine, and they are minimal. Not in my opinion. The visual changes are tiny.

I already have, I described the changes between TLOU and U3, and my source is the best damn source there is, Naughty

"Dog. According to ND, the only changes are changes to lighting and rendering techniques (providing a larger sense of scale). These changes are tiny, if you put TLOU and Uncharted 3 side by side, you'd really struggle to tell which one looks better. Facial animations seem a little better I guess, but again, the differences are minimal, there really isn't much they can improve on visually, the PS3 can't be pushed any further and that's my point. TLOU and BEYOND are it's peaks."

Like I said...

Get out.

Lol you can't just banish me from a thread dude. It's not my fault that you don't have any decent arguments to support your opinion.

Where are these whimsical sources you are referring?

Links please.

Persistantthug said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Links please.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncharted:_Drake%27s_Fortune 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncharted_2:_Among_Thieves

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncharted_3:_Drake%27s_Deception

Check the engines section, if further proof is needed check the citation. 

The last of us: http://playstationlifestyle.net/2012/05/20/naughty-dog-on-the-last-of-us-graphics-engine-improvements/

textures, rendering style, lighting engine and art direction.

Out of that, the only thing that'll be noticeable is the lighting (and of course art direction, but that's not a technical improvement). This is a tiny progression.

Shit, we've taken this off topic for long enough. I'm done here, if you wanna continue just pm me.

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:
Player1x3 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Player1x3 said:

Did they also said AI is going to be tremendously superior ?

Sure, but we're talking about visuals here.

We're talking about Ps3 capabilities in general

No we aren't. I don't know how you got that idea. My conversation with Persistanthug was always about graphics, not "PS3 capabilities in general." Go look at the first couple posts and you'll see. 

I did, and you were also talking about technical improvements, and AI falls into that category. Technical aspects don't only include graphics and visuals

Player1x3 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
No we aren't. I don't know how you got that idea. My conversation with Persistanthug was always about graphics, not "PS3 capabilities in general." Go look at the first couple posts and you'll see. 

I did, and you were also talking about technical improvements, and AI falls into that category. Technical aspects don't only include graphics and visuals

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo we weren't. Just graphics. I know what I was talking about. That's all I mentioned. 

Alright monkey, this is tiring, you win. TLOU is not a technical improvement over UC3 in any visible way

Player1x3 said:
Alright monkey, this is tiring, you win. TLOU is not a technical improvement over UC3 in any visible way

Not quite what I said, but I'll take it. I already knew I "won" when the other dude couldn't reply to any specific argument, I don't get why you got into it and turned it into something it wasn't though.

Andrespetmonkey said:
Persistantthug said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Links please.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncharted:_Drake%27s_Fortune 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncharted_2:_Among_Thieves

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncharted_3:_Drake%27s_Deception

Check the engines section, if further proof is needed check the citation. 

The last of us: http://playstationlifestyle.net/2012/05/20/naughty-dog-on-the-last-of-us-graphics-engine-improvements/

textures, rendering style, lighting engine and art direction.

Out of that, the only thing that'll be noticeable is the lighting (and of course art direction, but that's not a technical improvement). This is a tiny progression.

Shit, we've taken this off topic for long enough. I'm done here, if you wanna continue just pm me.

None of that shows or tells what engine or engine revision Naughty Dog is using for The Last Of US.....

You basically just made it up, and have pretended that you know what ND is doing..........basically.

Please stop.