By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: We won't show PS4 until it can demonstrate 'a significant leap'

Will PS4 be alien technology?

Yeah 208 53.06%

No 183 46.68%

Total:391
superchunk said:
Jay520 said:
kitler53 said:
superchunk said:
ugh... so PS4 to lose millions for years and cost over $600 at launch?

yes superchunck, that's obviously what was said.  you know, 'cause it would be impossible to improve on 8 year old tech without being both $600 and sold at a massive loss...

bless his little heart. He's having a meltdown.

I'm really beginning to not like you anymore. >:(

Symptoms of a meltdown:

Denial...check.
Anger...check
Depression...soon

Around the Network

Can't wait to see what they got under their sleeve's surely it's going to be something big.

PSwii60 said:
superchunk said:

jumpin' on the badwagon; it's apparently quote the chunk day

This has to be my most quoted comment ever and it was in jest.

Can't wait to see what they got under their sleeve's surely it's going to be something big.

superchunk said:
Jay520 said:
kitler53 said:
superchunk said:

yes superchunck, that's obviously what was said.  you know, 'cause it would be impossible to improve on 8 year old tech without being both $600 and sold at a massive loss...

bless his little heart. He's having a meltdown.

I'm really beginning to not like you anymore. >:(

Steps of a meltdown:

Denial...check.
Anger...check
Depression...soon

Around the Network
superchunk said:
WiiBox3 said:

On a side note. Do you think any of the next round of consoles are going to have their base model launch for more than $349?

I hope they don't split skus at all.

Really, I don't know on this with any confidence. neXtBox is already starting to be rumored to be for $300 (obviously a base model). If that holds true and the lower end specs for Wii U prove true, we may see sub$300 base models and $350 to $400 high end skus with large HDDs.

I'm hoping for the next Box to only have 2 models. One with and one without Kinect2(If this is a real thing) bundled in.

The doom and gloom that everyone is spitting out aside, I'm hopeful for Sony and the PS4. I want good things for them so they can keep giving me more of what I love. :p

Prototype ps4 with significant leap technology

I am somewhat bemused by the posters that think the PS4 and the Next Box will be in some way comparable as far as raw power will be concerned. Microsoft has made it a point to push the envelope. Not only does their model for console gaming allow them to have a substantial loss lead. Their cash reserves ensure they have the power to really make that a reality. I expect the Next Box to be at least twice as powerful, but more likely to be three times more powerful.

Sony seems to want to keep banging their head against the wall. They want to continue to through out, way to many products, they still have no idea how to make their user friendly os's, and they continue to make bone head hardware decisions across the board.

If they are so damn set in their ways of making products that are priced out of the mass market, why don't they start doing it in a way that makes money. Make the PS4 an absolute beast. Throw a CPU and GPU in it that cleans the next MS consoles clock, load it with RAM, and sell it at a profit. The path they are on right now is a continual loss of market share, so why not make it a worth while effort. If they have a console that can share games with MS, with little effort from devs, even if they only sell 40M units, they will still get all the third party support.

At the least they can make money, even if it means an eight-hundred dollar console. I think it would also be great for consumers, as you would have different options as a gamer. Instead of the PS2 gen with 3 similar consoles, or the Wii gen with twin hd consoles. This would give the next gen a definitive entry level casual experience, a mid level hardcore/media center experience, and a top tier Hardcore/multimedia/multitasking/technophile option.

If they continue to put out products at a loss, with nothing to differentiate themselfs from the competition, they have already seal their fate. This IMO is Sony's last hope.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL