By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: We won't show PS4 until it can demonstrate 'a significant leap'

Will PS4 be alien technology?

Yeah 208 53.06%

No 183 46.68%

Total:391

I'm guessing most of you who don't like this are not fans of the PS3 and Vita. If you aren't their target market for launch, does it matter that you don't approve?

Of course you can factor in that this could make Sony go bankrupt and lose next gen but lets just forget about that :)

Around the Network

When the Martians land in 2013/2014, they will come bearing Gifts of the PS4.

Sony is going Above and BEYOND arent they?

WiiBox3 said:

Most likely the release dates will be pretty close between Japan and US, but I was just trying to be on the safe side. If PS3 sales continue doing well in the US this holiday and up to E3 next year, don't you think they may push back the launch to Spring 2014?

No.

Sony and MS are not going to let their other competitor, Nintendo, have more than a year head start. Especially if WiiU takes off well this holiday.

Jay520 said:
kitler53 said:
superchunk said:
ugh... so PS4 to lose millions for years and cost over $600 at launch?

yes superchunck, that's obviously what was said.  you know, 'cause it would be impossible to improve on 8 year old tech without being both $600 and sold at a massive loss...

bless his little heart. He's having a meltdown.

I'm really beginning to not like you anymore. >:(

Persistantthug said:
superchunk said:
Jay520 said:

Lol he's just having a meltdown since he can't handle being wrong twice.

:P I will only be wrong once. No more bets on things I'm not 100% about in the first place.

Sorry bro...

But since you were totally and horrendously wrong,

You're predictions are now rightfully downgraded to the likes of HOPES & DREAMS.

Your false prophet days are over .

2014....no sooner.

Sorry bro.

You don't even have 200 posts... how in the world do you know about my prophetic capabilities? I SHALL BE REDEEMED IN 2013!!!

Around the Network

If this is true, it can only be good news for the Wii U. But yeah it's most likely just PR talk to combat Iwata's statement like it says in the OP.

kitler53 said:
superchunk said:

yes superchunck, that's obviously what was said.  you know, 'cause it would be impossible to improve on 8 year old tech without being both $600 and sold at a massive loss...

Was the PS3 "a significant leap" over the PS2? yes. I rest my case.

superchunk said:
Persistantthug said:
superchunk said:
Jay520 said:

Lol he's just having a meltdown since he can't handle being wrong twice.

:P I will only be wrong once. No more bets on things I'm not 100% about in the first place.

Sorry bro...

But since you were totally and horrendously wrong,

You're predictions are now rightfully downgraded to the likes of HOPES & DREAMS.

Your false prophet days are over .

2014....no sooner.

Sorry bro.

You don't even have 200 posts... how in the world do you know about my prophetic capabilities? I SHALL BE REDEEMED IN 2013!!!

On a side note. Do you think any of the next round of consoles are going to have their base model launch for more than $349?

superchunk said:

jumpin' on the badwagon; it's apparently quote the chunk day

WiiBox3 said:

On a side note. Do you think any of the next round of consoles are going to have their base model launch for more than $349?

I hope they don't split skus at all.

Really, I don't know on this with any confidence. neXtBox is already starting to be rumored to be for $300 (obviously a base model). If that holds true and the lower end specs for Wii U prove true, we may see sub$300 base models and $350 to $400 high end skus with large HDDs.