By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: We won't show PS4 until it can demonstrate 'a significant leap'

Will PS4 be alien technology?

Yeah 208 53.06%

No 183 46.68%

Total:391
Persistantthug said:
superchunk said:
ugh... so PS4 to lose millions for years and cost over $600 at launch?

Don't be bitter because you were wrong again.

lol

Holiday 2014.....no sooner bud.  :)

When was I wrong? Are you referring to my bet in my sig.... pfft I wasn't 100% on that in the first place.

However PS4 in 2013 is a definite.

Around the Network

"significant leap" is always so subject to interpretation... they are saying nothing by saying something. :)

Could be that they won't release PS4 until 2014 after all which gives them more time to pass the 360 and make their second place finish look better as well as a couple more years to gnaw on that Wii lead which won't look any more impressive than it does now. Also I do expect them to release a console that's at least 4x as powerful as Wii U at a very competive price point and with a much better launch line up than they had with PS3.

superchunk said:
Persistantthug said:
superchunk said:

lol

When was I wrong? Are you referring to my bet in my sig.... pfft I wasn't 100% on that in the first place.

Obviously sir.....

Obviously.

lol

Persistantthug said:
superchunk said:

lol

Lol he's just having a meltdown since he can't handle being wrong twice.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
Persistantthug said:
superchunk said:

lol

I'll take that bet! I say it won't release in 2013.

Edit: In the US.

WiiBox3 said:
superchunk said:
Persistantthug said:
superchunk said:

lol

I'll take that bet! I say it won't release in 2013.

Edit: In the US.

Pretty sure I already have a bet with Jay on that and why would you think it would release in 2013 in some region but not US? I could potentially see not EU... but US is definite along with Japan.

Turkish said:
superchunk said:

What the hell are you trying to say?

Persistantthug said:
superchunk said:

lol

It is not good business practice to let your pride and ego get the best of you; they tend to cloud your judgment as well as dampens your inhibitions. PS3 was the very of product of those things; Blu Ray obviously wasn't enough nor a multimedia super console enough to win this gen. They need to extensively plan their next strategy that could escalate their brand recognition again in a better position of comfortable balance of revenues and profits.

Bear in mind, Sony as a whole is not only battling in the gaming industry but in the entertainment business as a whole. They cannot risk releasing a financially crippling console in the next gen that can eventually gain profit. In this global economy nowadays, playing catch up could mean closure.

Trust in Sony

Jay520 said:

Lol he's just having a meltdown since he can't handle being wrong twice.

:P I will only be wrong once. No more bets on things I'm not 100% about in the first place.

superchunk said:

yes superchunck, that's obviously what was said.  you know, 'cause it would be impossible to improve on 8 year old tech without being both $600 and sold at a massive loss...