By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Seems Mistwalker is going to be back on board for the Wii U

S.T.A.G.E. said:
The PS4 needs a Sakaguchi title. The largest base would be there, I dont know what Sakaguchi had against Sony but it must been something huge.

He will not work for them. He said this outright. One of the main reasons he left Squaresoft to begin with. They had becomes whores to Sony. He took nearly half of the companies money with him and is one of the main reasons why they had to resort to merging with Enix.

He will not make a game on a Sony console, ever.

F0X said:

I bet it had something to do with this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy:_The_Spirits_Within

Actually, if I'm not mistaken it has something to do with his dislike of Ken Katsuragi.

Around the Network
lilbroex said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
The PS4 needs a Sakaguchi title. The largest base would be there, I dont know what Sakaguchi had against Sony but it must been something huge.

He will not work for them. He said this outright. One of the main reasons he left Squaresoft to begin with. They had becomes whores to Sony. He took nearly half of the companies money with him and is one of the main reasons why they had to resort to merging with Enix.

He will not make a game on a Sony console, ever.

F0X said:

I bet it had something to do with this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy:_The_Spirits_Within

Actually, if I'm not mistaken it has something to do with his dislkie of Ken Katsuragi.

Too bad. Mistwalker will miss out on the largest potential profit. As much as he hated Sony his games utilizing Sony hardware was just magic.

So Mistwalker won't make games for MS or Sony...? Sounds like a win for Nintendo ^^

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
So Mistwalker won't make games for MS or Sony...? Sounds like a win for Nintendo ^^

Sakaguchi always liked Nintendo. The first 6 FF's and 9/10 DQ's are on Nintendo consoles. FF7 should have been on the N64, and would have been were in to use discs, not cartridges. And Chrono Trigger, as well as other games, were on Nintendo consoles.

Fact is, he refuses to work with Sony, and Microsoft aren't big enough for games in Japan, so that leaves Nintendo.

As you say, a win-win anyway.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

DanneSandin said:

Considering that MS was the first and only ones to buy into MIstwalker at their start, I doubt that's true.

In reality, I doubt MS wants Mistwalker to make games for them.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Mistwalker has yet to prove their worth to be honest.

I like to imagine Sakaguchi as a sponge that got wringed too hard in the 90s and now all that's left is a very dry sponge.

DanneSandin said:

For Nintendo owners. Whatever Mistwalker makes will not be a console seller though. Microsoft will also probably get a shot next gen,but you've seen the sales of Lost Odyssey.

Nintendo should just sign him to make a FFIX ripoff. Or FFVI, or Chrono Trigger, or any number of good games he has already made for that matter.

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:

For Nintendo owners. Whatever Mistwalker makes will not be a console seller though. Microsoft will also probably get a shot next gen,but you've seen the sales of Lost Odyssey.

I don't think that's true actually... He created the FF-series - and that is a system seller (if exclusive). We gotta remember that everything has a humble beginning (well, except Mario who's always destroyed competition ^^)

outlawauron said:
DanneSandin said:

Considering that MS was the first and only ones to buy into MIstwalker at their start, I doubt that's true.

In reality, I doubt MS wants Mistwalker to make games for them.

Yeah that's a possibility! If MS wants to seariously expand in Japan they'll need mistwalkers imo... But I'm not sure how much that would help :P