By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Seems Mistwalker is going to be back on board for the Wii U

S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:
outlawauron said:
DanneSandin said:
outlawauron said:
DanneSandin said:
So Mistwalker won't make games for MS or Sony...? Sounds like a win for Nintendo ^^

Considering that MS was the first and only ones to buy into MIstwalker at their start, I doubt that's true.

In reality, I doubt MS wants Mistwalker to make games for them.

Yeah that's a possibility! If MS wants to seariously expand in Japan they'll need mistwalkers imo... But I'm not sure how much that would help :P

We know how it much it helped. xD

Look at Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. 110k and 210k lifetime.

haha yeah, japans... japanese... japaneses ???!!) sure don't like american machines ;)

It's not that they dont like American machines. Microsoft made their console so close to the PS3 in offers the Japanese still have no need to support it. Why support an outside console if its offering the same crap? 

yeah I guess that's true ^^ lots of ppl are complaining about zelda not being darker and more realistic, but it might be the thing that keeps nintendo relevant that ppl don't like in a way.

It's not about being darker or more realistic, it's Zelda. The reason Skyward Sword didn't sell as much as Twilight Princess is because the casual hype wore off of the Wii. Theres a five year differential between the launches of the two. The last came sadly when the Wii recorded its first loss.

But SS and WM did get a lot of crap for their visuals - it seems like ppl want the more darker, grittier Zelda (me included, but I very much enjoyed SS art atyle!), I'm just wondering if it's the diffrentiation from the HD twins that's keep Nintendo rlevent (relatively speaking: the Wii is what made them relevent this gen, but during the GC era then?)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
Boutros said:

Meanwhile at Mistwalker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXAr6mjC40E

Looks terrible

DanneSandin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:
outlawauron said:
DanneSandin said:
outlawauron said:
DanneSandin said:
So Mistwalker won't make games for MS or Sony...? Sounds like a win for Nintendo ^^

Considering that MS was the first and only ones to buy into MIstwalker at their start, I doubt that's true.

Yeah that's a possibility! If MS wants to seariously expand in Japan they'll need mistwalkers imo... But I'm not sure how much that would help :P

haha yeah, japans... japanese... japaneses ???!!) sure don't like american machines ;)

It's not that they dont like American machines. Microsoft made their console so close to the PS3 in offers the Japanese still have no need to support it. Why support an outside console if its offering the same crap? 

yeah I guess that's true ^^ lots of ppl are complaining about zelda not being darker and more realistic, but it might be the thing that keeps nintendo relevant that ppl don't like in a way.

It's not about being darker or more realistic, it's Zelda. The reason Skyward Sword didn't sell as much as Twilight Princess is because the casual hype wore off of the Wii. Theres a five year differential between the launches of the two. The last came sadly when the Wii recorded its first loss.

But SS and WM did get a lot of crap for their visuals - it seems like ppl want the more darker, grittier Zelda (me included, but I very much enjoyed SS art atyle!), I'm just wondering if it's the diffrentiation from the HD twins that's keep Nintendo rlevent (relatively speaking: the Wii is what made them relevent this gen, but during the GC era then?)

Graphics are only a small part of the overall picture. The gameplay of Zelda has always been great. The only Zelda graphics I've ever hated was the kiddy cel- shaded one. Other than that its fine. Nintendo has always had the light hearted image and even if they darkened things a bit compared to next generations graphics they will still be seen the same way. Nintendo is on its own wavelength. Nintendo cannot be put into a basket with Sony and Microsoft or even PC. They follow their own heart.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Graphics are only a small part of the overall picture. The gameplay of Zelda has always been great. The only Zelda graphics I've ever hated was the kiddy cel- shaded one. Other than that its fine. Nintendo has always had the light hearted image and even if they darkened things a bit compared to next generations graphics they will still be seen the same way. Nintendo is on its own wavelength. Nintendo cannot be put into a basket with Sony and Microsoft or even PC. They follow their own heart.

Yes, I completely agree! And that's what's made Nintendos fortune imo. While the rest of the business is trying to cope the lasted trend Nintendo makes their own trends.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
outlawauron said:
DanneSandin said:
outlawauron said:
DanneSandin said:

Lost Odyssey sold 800k LTD.

Yes, but we're talking about Japanese sales. I'm quite aware of how it did internationally.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
outlawauron said:
DanneSandin said:
outlawauron said:
DanneSandin said:

Lost Odyssey sold 800k LTD.

Yes, but we're talking about Japanese sales. I'm quite aware of how it did internationally.

Yes, its obvious one great game isn't going to sway the Japanese to buy 360. What works in the west might not work in the east.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:
outlawauron said:
DanneSandin said:
outlawauron said:
DanneSandin said:

The reason Skyward Sword didn't sells as much as twilight princess is because Twilights princes was a release game that had the entire market to itself with no barrier for entry(no wii motin plus) and its been out for 5 years on 2 different consoles.

Skyward Sword has been out for 6 months and during a period where the system is on the decline do lack of support. Its the same reason why Shenmue 2 didn't sell anywhere near as much as the first Shenmue on the Dreamcast.

lilbroex said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:
outlawauron said:
DanneSandin said:
outlawauron said:
DanneSandin said:

The reason Skyward Sword didn't sells as much as twilight princess is because Twilights princes was a release game that had the entire market to itself with no barrier for entry(no wii motin plus) and its been out for 5 years on 2 different consoles.

Skyward Sword has been out for 6 months and during a period where the system is on the decline do lack of support. Its the same reason why Shenmue 2 didn't sell anywhere near as much as the first Shenmue on the Dreamcast.

You're kind of saying the same thing that I said.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
lilbroex said:

The only similarities was in the 5/6 year difference and even then, I'm not emplying it in the same way.

lilbroex said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
lilbroex said:

The only similarities was in the 5/6 year difference and even then, I'm not emplying it in the same way.

I reread it again....you're still essentially saying the same thing that I said.