By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nintendo gets a pass Just because they're Nintendo That Sony Isn't Allowed To Have

I don't get it. Why isn't Sony allowed to have Nintendo?

Around the Network

Errr, ok.

badgenome said:
I don't get it. Why isn't Sony allowed to have Nintendo?

nintendo is homosexual?i think that's what the op is saying.

EdHieron said:

Nintendo gets a pass Just because they're Nintendo That Sony Isn't Allowed To Have.

Imagine for a moment that Sony had come out at E3 2006 and announced that they were just releasing a budget console for $250.00 that was only a couple of times more powerful than the PS2 and they were going to stop making or having as many core games  like God of War, Tekken, Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy, and Metal Gear Solid on their next console, but instead that they wanted to concentrate on motion control sports, dance, and fitness titles.  What do you think would have happened to their stock prices, and their investors, and their reputation in the industry if they did that?  Basically they would have been dead in the water on that day.

However due to their failures in the N64 and Gamecube eras, Nintendo was able to step in with a new idea, get lucky with it, and apparently it's the best thing ever.

People tend to not realize that Nintendo just got lucky with the Wii this gen.  Meanwhile, Sony's done an excellent job with a console that cost $600 at launch.

Were you not around when the Wii was getting bashed to hell on the Internet?  It sold the most consoles and was still neglected by many third parties.  Meanwhile the PS3 came out with a launch lineup that wasn't really that good, a price that was too high, and a new architecture that developers struggled with.  Yet people still bought the console and developers still supported it at their expense.  If it had been any other console but the PS3 it would have been a complete flop.  So who got the free pass again?

What? lol know one got a free pass. Though having a certain reputation does help things.

Around the Network

Nintendo Fans are the consistent real joke here. Its like they are in an abusive relationship. Fan - "Nintendo, Nintendo can I have some awesome hardcore games because I have been a loyal Nintendo fan for year!" Nintendo - "Of course not! Your stupid and don't know what you want! Take these shitty causual games and stand on this balance board cause you are fat!" Fan - "You see guys Nintendo was right all along, we are stupid and don't know what we want. Nintendo is just smarter and knows how to innovate".

As a business man I can tell you this is not a terrible idea. You never want to worrie about your hardcore fans cause they will buy your shit anyway. But you usually just dont have fans as dumb as nintendo fans. Nintendo pretty much spits in the face of its fans and they keep on coming back for more. I hope to have fans like that one day.

I demand you crawl back uder your bridge Sir!

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

Kurtis4444 said:

Nintendo Fans are the consistent real joke here. Its like they are in an abusive relationship. Fan - "Nintendo, Nintendo can I have some awesome hardcore games because I have been a loyal Nintendo fan for year!" Nintendo - "Of course not! Your stupid and don't know what you want! Take these shitty causual games and stand on this balance board cause you are fat!" Fan - "You see guys Nintendo was right all along, we are stupid and don't know what we want. Nintendo is just smarter and knows how to innovate".

As a business man I can tell you this is not a terrible idea. You never want to worrie about your hardcore fans cause they will buy your shit anyway. But you usually just dont have fans as dumb as nintendo fans. Nintendo pretty much spits in the face of its fans and they keep on coming back for more. I hope to have fans like that one day.

This is going to anger people so I must quote it.

I do feel like Nintendo fans are a bunch of conspiracy theorists. At least on vgc, but anyways this thread is pure fantasy. Whatever.

Nothing has been decided this generation. I am sure PS3 will slightly outsell the Wii in the end. The Wii is likely to stop selling consoles around 100-105 million.

PS3 still has 2 or 3 years of decent sales left in the First World, until it becomes a budget console for emerging markets. These markets are in the pocket of Sony. PS4 comes out in 18-20 months. As you know PS2 had decent sales till 2009 and still sells a couple million consoles a year.
PS1 was produced for a total 12 years.
PS2 is already at 12 years but will likely last longer
PS3 will atleast have a production life of 10 years.

Kurtis4444 said:

Nintendo was trying to expand the videogame console audience and they were extremely successful in that regard with the Wii.  They also gave their core gamers Mario Galaxy, Zelda, Metroid, etc which is hardly spitting on them.