By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nintendo gets a pass Just because they're Nintendo That Sony Isn't Allowed To Have

What? lol know one got a free pass. Though having a certain reputation does help things.

Around the Network

Nintendo Fans are the consistent real joke here. Its like they are in an abusive relationship. Fan - "Nintendo, Nintendo can I have some awesome hardcore games because I have been a loyal Nintendo fan for year!" Nintendo - "Of course not! Your stupid and don't know what you want! Take these shitty causual games and stand on this balance board cause you are fat!" Fan - "You see guys Nintendo was right all along, we are stupid and don't know what we want. Nintendo is just smarter and knows how to innovate".

As a business man I can tell you this is not a terrible idea. You never want to worrie about your hardcore fans cause they will buy your shit anyway. But you usually just dont have fans as dumb as nintendo fans. Nintendo pretty much spits in the face of its fans and they keep on coming back for more. I hope to have fans like that one day.

I demand you crawl back uder your bridge Sir!

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

Kurtis4444 said:

Nintendo Fans are the consistent real joke here. Its like they are in an abusive relationship. Fan - "Nintendo, Nintendo can I have some awesome hardcore games because I have been a loyal Nintendo fan for year!" Nintendo - "Of course not! Your stupid and don't know what you want! Take these shitty causual games and stand on this balance board cause you are fat!" Fan - "You see guys Nintendo was right all along, we are stupid and don't know what we want. Nintendo is just smarter and knows how to innovate".

As a business man I can tell you this is not a terrible idea. You never want to worrie about your hardcore fans cause they will buy your shit anyway. But you usually just dont have fans as dumb as nintendo fans. Nintendo pretty much spits in the face of its fans and they keep on coming back for more. I hope to have fans like that one day.

This is going to anger people so I must quote it.

I do feel like Nintendo fans are a bunch of conspiracy theorists. At least on vgc, but anyways this thread is pure fantasy. Whatever.

Nothing has been decided this generation. I am sure PS3 will slightly outsell the Wii in the end. The Wii is likely to stop selling consoles around 100-105 million.

PS3 still has 2 or 3 years of decent sales left in the First World, until it becomes a budget console for emerging markets. These markets are in the pocket of Sony. PS4 comes out in 18-20 months. As you know PS2 had decent sales till 2009 and still sells a couple million consoles a year.
PS1 was produced for a total 12 years.
PS2 is already at 12 years but will likely last longer
PS3 will atleast have a production life of 10 years.

Around the Network
Kurtis4444 said:

Nintendo was trying to expand the videogame console audience and they were extremely successful in that regard with the Wii.  They also gave their core gamers Mario Galaxy, Zelda, Metroid, etc which is hardly spitting on them.

EdHieron said:

Nintendo gets a pass Just because they're Nintendo That Sony Isn't Allowed To Have.

This is why all kids should be removed from the Internet forthwith.

First off, the Wii is better for Nintendo fans than the Gamecube was, many times over. We got two 3D Marios, two Zeldas, a 2D Mario, a new DKC, a Metroid Prime game, a Paper Mario game, a 2D Wario platformer, two Kirby games, the Virtual Console allowing you to play all the classics you might have missed out on, a Mario Kart with online, and a few really great RPG's published by Nintendo.

In the eyes of a core-nintendo-fan that isn't a graphics whore, the Wii ROFLstomps the Gamecube.

If anyone got a free pass this gen it's Sony. Any other console released that way would have gone the way of the Saturn, 3DO, or Jaguar. But the bias towards them persisted into this gen which became their saving grace.

Also, I wonder why a lot of newly registred users showed up after e3 2012 to bash Nintendo, hmmm.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Nintendo always had a very different profile, one that was already well established when the PS came out in 1995. The PSOne had an identity crisis whereas the PS2 actually chose a direction and went with it, Nintendo remained the same.
With the Wii, Nintendo were still largely unchanged, they still went for different and somewhat flaky design choices, formats and hardware and they still launched iterations of Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby and Donkey Kong. The main difference lies in the extreme appeal to the casual audience, but otherwise Nintendo really hasn't changed at all, for better or for worse.

OP: One more thing; yes, Sony has done one helluva job and made an incredible comeback with their 600$ console but that does nothing to change the fact that launching at 600$, launching a year or more after the 360 and doing nothing to maintain exclusives and rights were still shitty decisions that cost them marketshare, approval, trust, loyalty and tons of money.

I kinda see what you're saying. Like if I took a 2D Mario game and replaced the graphics with say Little Big Planet characters it would be considered only an ok game, even if mechanically it is identical. Nintendo has done an amazing job at convincing us their games are the best. This image combined with the success of the Wii makes most fans think Nintendo is invincible. Is that what you're getting at?