By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nintendo gets a pass Just because they're Nintendo That Sony Isn't Allowed To Have

EdHieron said:

A lot of core Nintendo fans thought that after they became successful with Wii, around the same time as E3 2008, that Nintendo would switch away from making games for the casuals and instead focus exclusively on making core games and new franchises for the core gamer; however, this wasn't the case, and Nintendo is not critized for it by their long term core fans even though it looks like they're still interested in producing more casual games like Nintendo Land and Wii Fit U on Wii U which many believed for the last year was going to be a console aimed squarely at the core gamer.

I'll only focus on this thing. You are wrong. Nintendo core did complain when Xenoblade, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower were originally not annouced for the West.

I was one of those people constantly emailing Nintendo bitching and spamming their facebook page. Just because you don't see it on a "SALES" tracking site, does not mean it does not happen.

WiiU E3 presentation got slammed by a lot of fans (even on here). Some where pissed of that Nintnedo core franchises wher ento shown (even though we already saw zelda last year) so we knwo it is definetely coming. There was a few of us who were mainly pissed of with the lack of 3rd party WiiU support fornew annouced games and not ports.

Around the Network

I'd say for a corporation that (in only the time between the PS2 release and the PS3 release):

1. Maliciously added unauthorised code onto people's PCs without their knowledge (see: Rootkit scandal)
2. Produces controversial, illegal, and yes even racist commercials (PSP Grafitti advertising; "White is coming!")
3. Shuts down legitimate businesses that they don't agree with by flooding them with lawsuits and NOT by any legal means whatsoever (Lik-sang)
4. Removes consumer choice from the market by making exclusitivity deals with their big corporate buddies (this not only includes games, but includes exclusitivity contacts that Sony paid for movie producers to publish to BluRay and not to the leading HD-DVD at the time. Yes, Sony BOUGHT the HD media market).
5. Believe it's good marketing to trick the public into buying their goods by manufacturing artificial public persuasion blogs ("all I want for Christmas is a PSP")
6. Chairs an association that uses uses their large legal power to intimidate individuals into thinking that what they are doing is wrong EVEN IF IT ISN'T (see: RIAA suing consumers for downloading MP3s of music that they already legitimately own)
7. Cockily spouts upon release of their $599 next gen console that "people will work extra in order to buy it"

....I'd say that Sony's mindless fanboys handed them the biggest pass of all!

All of this occured after I had purchased my PS2, and I will never buy anything with a Sony name on it ever again! At least Nintendo (at the height of their wickedness) only interfered with games on their own system, and not set foot on my entire life.

whoa, this thread still going on...

Reggie talked about it in this interview:

Forward to segment 1:20 fyi

fordy said:
I'd say for a corporation that (in only the time between the PS2 release and the PS3 release):

1. Maliciously added unauthorised code onto people's PCs without their knowledge (see: Rootkit scandal)
2. Produces controversial, illegal, and yes even racist commercials (PSP Grafitti advertising; "White is coming!")
3. Shuts down legitimate businesses that they don't agree with by flooding them with lawsuits and NOT by any legal means whatsoever (Lik-sang)
4. Removes consumer choice from the market by making exclusitivity deals with their big corporate buddies (this not only includes games, but includes exclusitivity contacts that Sony paid for movie producers to publish to BluRay and not to the leading HD-DVD at the time. Yes, Sony BOUGHT the HD media market).
5. Believe it's good marketing to trick the public into buying their goods by manufacturing artificial public persuasion blogs ("all I want for Christmas is a PSP")
6. Chairs an association that uses uses their large legal power to intimidate individuals into thinking that what they are doing is wrong EVEN IF IT ISN'T (see: RIAA suing consumers for downloading MP3s of music that they already legitimately own)
7. Cockily spouts upon release of their $599 next gen console that "people will work extra in order to buy it"

All of this occured after I had purchased my PS2, and I will never buy anything with a Sony name on it ever again! At least Nintendo (at the height of their wickedness) only interfered with games on their own system, and not set foot on my entire life.

IF Sony did this to your life, you must not have much of one, just saying.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
fordy said:

IF Sony did this to your life, you must not have much of one, just saying.

I'm sorry but there's some of us who just don't like taking the big corporate dick. I'm sure some might enjoy it.

Just saying.