By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Gobias said:
I think ioi should switch the Wii and PS3 sales numbers for one week, just to see what happens on the forums, hilarity would no doubt ensue. I can see it now... "Supply constrained omfg!"

I like both Nintendo and Sony, and while the PS3 fans can be downright delirious, the Wii fanboys on here make me sick, the console is doing incredibly well, do you really have to rub it in everyones faces constantly?

Was it any surprise that the Wii was going to win this week, and subsequently every week for a long time? It must be incredibly easy to be a Wii fanboy.

I think the Wii fanboys would be more gracious if not for all the Wii is a fad, it'll die out comments

I don't know how people can still be saying that.

Anyway, It's just sad that even the slightest bit of optimism for the PS3 (and sometimes 360) is always shot down within the first 10 posts of a thread. 

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Neos said:
Soriku said:
Why do you guys argue with leo-j? He clearly pulls all these "facts" and "reasons" out his butt and thinks he's right.

We've been doing this forever now. I've learned to ignore him, because punching reason into him doesn't work.

soriku has grown up woohoo =D. Just Joel now..

Not unless J-oel is perma-banned first

The way he's going, and the many number of times he's been banned (over 10 times), it sure looks it will be that way

the way to get perma-banned is to pull a gballzack,but thats highly unlikely

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Gobias said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Gobias said:
I think ioi should switch the Wii and PS3 sales numbers for one week, just to see what happens on the forums, hilarity would no doubt ensue. I can see it now... "Supply constrained omfg!"

I like both Nintendo and Sony, and while the PS3 fans can be downright delirious, the Wii fanboys on here make me sick, the console is doing incredibly well, do you really have to rub it in everyones faces constantly?

Was it any surprise that the Wii was going to win this week, and subsequently every week for a long time? It must be incredibly easy to be a Wii fanboy.

I think the Wii fanboys would be more gracious if not for all the Wii is a fad, it'll die out comments

Anyway, It's just sad that even the slightest bit of optimism for the PS3 (and sometimes 360) is always shot down within the first 10 posts of a thread. 

The exact same thing happens in threads related to the wii as well so don't act as if its specific to ps3.  Everyone needs to grow up just a little and stop taking pot shots at each other.

^hm your right but i dont think he trolls as much as them..yet

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Kytiara said:
Gobias said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Gobias said:

The exact same thing happens in threads related to the wii as well so don't act as if its specific to ps3. Everyone needs to grow up just a little and stop taking pot shots at each other.

Except its usually baseless trolling in Wii threads. Like saying that the Wii is a fad, or that it'll fade out for no reason. Wii fanboys have actual facts and numbers to base their trolling around. In any case, I stick by my original point.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Around the Network
brute said:
^hm your right but i dont think he trolls as much as them..yet

No, our inhouse troll-quota has been met, says ioi.

Congrats to the PS3 and its owners who didn't buy into the internet hate parade against it. Free choice for the MFW!!!!!

So what do you win if your prefered console sells more than another?

personally i think, that PS3 hitted 9 mln. already in 2007. =)
Cause vgchzrts show only aproximate numbers, which could be adjusted any time in near future after NEW info will be available. =)

Anyway, hooray to PS3. =) Next target is 10 mln. =))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

RCTjunkie said:
Good job, PS3. I think leo-j is right about PS3 beating 360 this week. I won't bet, because I've had bad experiences with bets before. Still...

I've never understood why people make ban bets, I couldn't live without my daily VGC fix

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

It's hard to say the PS3 will outsell X360 this week. Just by applying last year's reductions it will sell less.