By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Graphical comparison of Batman Arkham City: Wii U vs PS3

stealth20k said:
The wii U at launch is doing end of gen ps3 stuff, bodes well

Look at the video right above you. Its doing far more than that.

Around the Network

honestly i dont care i am just waiting for the customary doom and gloom Nintendo stuff to end

brendude13 said:
d21lewis said:
PS2 ports of Dreamcast games often looked and played worse despite the fact that the PS2 was much more powerful.

In terms of hardware, the PS2 and Dreamcast were very similar to what the PS3 and Xbox 360 are like to day. One is slightly more powerful but a lot harder to develop for.

Maybe the Dreamcast needed to be pushed a little further but I could spot a Dreamcast game a million miles away after about a year.  The games just had a certain undetailed style.  And even though I'm sure the system wasn't 100% optimized before it died, games like Headhunter, Shenmue, Code Veronica, and many more looked like they were pushing the Dreamcast to the limit.  I think the gap between Dreamcast and PS2 was pretty big.  The PS2 was harder to develop for but games I got in its first year (The Bouncer, Zone of the Enders) looked way beyond anything the DC ever produced.  It's just the ports that suffered, probably because they were quick cash grabs.

Any tech guys in the house?

the gap between PS2 and DC was quite big, bigger than the gap between PS2 and Xbox, but devs are lazy you know...although i must admit Soul Calibur and SC2 looked very similar, and Virtua Tennis 2 looked pretty much the same.
About the WiiU Ps3 comparison, is well known WiiU ports are going to be optimized, WiiU is actually a more powerful hw, no surprises there

Yes, the WiiU looks a step better, but we will have to see it running to see how well it works.

I was hoping for a big step in next gen Nintendo. Still, these shots give me more hope than most of what I've read.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
Zappykins said:
Yes, the WiiU looks a step better, but we will have to see it running to see how well it works.

I was hoping for a big step in next gen Nintendo. Still, these shots give me more hope than most of what I've read.

Check out the things I mentioned in my post at the top of this page.

d21lewis said:
PS2 ports of Dreamcast games often looked and played worse despite the fact that the PS2 was much more powerful.

This VGChartz, you have to stop using logic and facts in your posts D21.

What a pointless thread by all possible ways to see it.

1) Different angles & costumes
2) Lazy graphical port

The point of this thread is to insinuate that the PS3 offers better graphics than the WiiU. How pathetic.

happydolphin said:
What a pointless thread by all possible ways to see it.

1) Different angles & costumes
2) Lazy graphical port

The point of this thread is to insinuate that the PS3 offers better graphics than the WiiU. How pathetic.

If you read through the thread there is many other comparisons that I'm sure will satisfy you, quit making pointless post and just read the thread.

^I read the whole thread before posting.

I just didn't like how the OP was constructed with bias. At the same time, it's interesting to compare the two, so more comparison pics are helpful. Cheers.