By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Graphical comparison of Batman Arkham City: Wii U vs PS3

Wii U's Batman = Shinier than PS3.

Around the Network
WiiBox3 said:
Wii U's Batman = Shinier than PS3.

Pfft, shiny Batman appeals to casuals.

I'm pretty sure that if the Wii U can run games at 720p/60fps with extensive GamePad support and still display superior PS3/360 graphics, we will see some 3rd parties making games without GamePad support to enhance the visuals.

Then we could have 1080p/60fps + amazing graphics.  The controller really eats a lot of ressources.  But I'm pretty sure we will see awesome graphics in 2-3 years from now...

^^^
just look at the GC Zelda demo an how Twilight princess ended up looking miles ahead
now the Zelda HD demo looked amazing, so i expect top notch graphics for the Zelda U, maybe for 2015...

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
binary solo said:
I shouldn't imagine they will be putting in too much effort to tart this up just for Wii U. Might be different if they said they'd be using UE4 for AC on the Wii U, but they're using UE3 right?

Come on people can't we get at least get a Wii U graphics thread where the developer themself is showing pic/vid and saying the visuals show a significant step up from PS360? Everything to date has be a "yes, this is an HD console, thanks for the update Capt. Obvious." Where's the Wii U equivalent of GoW 2/3, or GoW III , or KZ2/3, or Uncharted 2/3, or... are we not going to see this until at least 12-18 months after Wii U launch?

it's probably just me, but to my eyes, Pikmin 3 has some of the best graphics i've seen on a console

So, why do we have a Batman AC Wii U gphx thread again?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Gilmour said:

I'm pretty sure that if the Wii U can run games at 720p/60fps with extensive GamePad support and still display superior PS3/360 graphics, we will see some 3rd parties making games without GamePad support to enhance the visuals.

Then we could have 1080p/60fps + amazing graphics.  The controller really eats a lot of ressources.  But I'm pretty sure we will see awesome graphics in 2-3 years from now...

I really doubt it does, the screen resolution will probably be low to keep the costs down, and even then, the second image being rendered to the gamepad probably isn't that much of a stress on the GPU at all, especially if it's just a menu. As for games being 720p/60fps with superior graphics, I've only seen Assassin's Creed 3 (don't know if there are any more) and it runs at 720p/30fps and the visuals are on par with better lighting effects and anti-aliasing. We don't know if Ubisoft are almost maxing out the Wii U or if they have barely scraped the surface. We won't really know until the Wii U gets an exclusive game from a developer that can push consoles to the limit.

I am going to say what ninety nine percent of gamers would say. Since their voice isn't coming through in this thread at all. Those screen shots look virtually identical, and that is going to be a problem. It is hard to argue for upgrading hardware if the software is going to look about the same. Yes it is a port, and a severely delayed one at that, but that isn't a acceptable excuse. It isn't the consumers job to be understanding. It is their job to be demanding.

For those that are going to argue potential or promise. I got news for you. This is a cash on delivery market. What matters is that Nintendo is going to have a short window to make their case to consumers before their rivals show up in a year with in all likelihood with at least one vastly superior machine. Nintendo needs to make consumers think they cannot wait, and have to get on board as soon as possible.

The Wii U isn't going to get the luxury of a grace period to start looking real good. It needs to look real good to graphic whores right out of the gate, because they know what is coming behind doors number two and three. To make matters worse Nintendo isn't known for gritty graphics. So it is up to third parties to satisfy the graphic fetish in the marketplace.

To put it mildly I am not impressed, and most gamers aren't going to be impressed with games that just look to be a little tweaked. Nintendo needs to put some real effort into third party games to make them stand out. That may mean they have to loan out some staff, or lay out some cash. These games need to look a lot better for players to jump on board for graphics alone. Especially when you have the other manufacturers really pushing the looks on their machines.

AaronSOLDIER said:
lol @ the second Wii U shot, its a different costume to try and make the Wii U one shinier.

Makes it actually look worse to me ...

brendude13 said:
Gilmour said:

I really doubt it does, the screen resolution will probably be low to keep the costs down, and even then, the second image being rendered to the gamepad probably isn't that much of a stress on the GPU at all, especially if it's just a menu. As for games being 720p/60fps with superior graphics, I've only seen Assassin's Creed 3 (don't know if there are any more) and it runs at 720p/30fps and the visuals are on par with better lighting effects and anti-aliasing. We don't know if Ubisoft are almost maxing out the Wii U or if they have barely scraped the surface. We won't really know until the Wii U gets an exclusive game from a developer that can push consoles to the limit.

It's unlikely they are maxing it. It usually takes developers a few years to be able to make things shine on a new console.

WiiBox3 said:
brendude13 said:
Gilmour said:

It's unlikely they are maxing it. It usually takes developers a few years to be able to make things shine on a new console.

I mean maxing as in what they're currently capable off squeezing out of the machine, instead of just being content with it looking like the PS3 / Xbox 360 versions, there will definitely be optimisations further down the line.