By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Graphical comparison of Batman Arkham City: Wii U vs PS3

If it's like this for a topic like this.. I can't wait to see the next xbox vs PS comparisons! :D

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

silly comparison from a silly german site...
the wii-u is of course at least on par with ps360 because of the quality the "ports" have (i remember screenshots from ac3). as it looks now the wii-u-versions offer higher resolution and better textures.
remember it lastet years until ps360 reached this high level of graphics while wii-u-devs are only at the very beginning of this console.
surely, the wii-u is not miles away from ps360 but doubtless has more horsepower.

Digital Foundary has a legit comparison up, but its really stupid tho these games are a port...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-wiiu-e3-2012

d21lewis said:
brendude13 said:
d21lewis said:
PS2 ports of Dreamcast games often looked and played worse despite the fact that the PS2 was much more powerful.

In terms of hardware, the PS2 and Dreamcast were very similar to what the PS3 and Xbox 360 are like to day. One is slightly more powerful but a lot harder to develop for.

Maybe the Dreamcast needed to be pushed a little further but I could spot a Dreamcast game a million miles away after about a year.  The games just had a certain undetailed style.  And even though I'm sure the system wasn't 100% optimized before it died, games like Headhunter, Shenmue, Code Veronica, and many more looked like they were pushing the Dreamcast to the limit.  I think the gap between Dreamcast and PS2 was pretty big.  The PS2 was harder to develop for but games I got in its first year (The Bouncer, Zone of the Enders) looked way beyond anything the DC ever produced.  It's just the ports that suffered, probably because they were quick cash grabs.

Any tech guys in the house?

Yeah, you're right, the Dreamcast and PS2 gap is a fair bit bigger than the Xbox 360 and PS3 gap. Still, the Dreamcast was very easy to develop for while the PS2 was a lot harder, similar to the Xbox 360 and PS3, hence the reason why sometimes you see inferior ports on both the PS2 and PS3.

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
binary solo said:
I shouldn't imagine they will be putting in too much effort to tart this up just for Wii U. Might be different if they said they'd be using UE4 for AC on the Wii U, but they're using UE3 right?

Come on people can't we get at least get a Wii U graphics thread where the developer themself is showing pic/vid and saying the visuals show a significant step up from PS360? Everything to date has be a "yes, this is an HD console, thanks for the update Capt. Obvious." Where's the Wii U equivalent of GoW 2/3, or GoW III , or KZ2/3, or Uncharted 2/3, or... are we not going to see this until at least 12-18 months after Wii U launch?

it's probably just me, but to my eyes, Pikmin 3 has some of the best graphics i've seen on a console

No it's not just you, Pikmin3 has awesome graphics, even thought you can see it's an early gen game: some things like shadows, caharacters animations and special effects on textures are excellent while in terms of poly count and texture resolution (of the enviroment) it doesn't look so much complex, for 360/Ps3 standards.

Around the Network

Wow! The difference is like night and dark!

I thought no one would care because Nintendo fans are not graphics whores? This is a statement from a 360 only player for your information.

Amazing, but this will get e few improvements I am sure before the final launch. The uniqueness in variety of this game is already great and I doubt most will care. Rocksteady gives reason to own a wii U, maybe.

chocoloco said:
I thought no one would care because Nintendo fans are not graphics whores? This is a statement from a 360 only player for your information.

Amazing, but this will get e few improvements I am sure before the final launch. The uniqueness in variety of this game is already great and I doubt most will care. Rocksteady gives reason to own a wii U, maybe.

The OP is not a Nintendo fan.

We don't make these threads.

superchunk said:
chocoloco said:

He is a Nintendo fan when drinking and not when sober. Or maybe the other way around.

chocoloco said:
superchunk said:
chocoloco said:

He is a Nintendo fan when drinking and not when sober. Or maybe the other way around.

Only when tripping on bath salts to make him believe his PS3 is a Wii.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.