By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Shhh, Sony Has 20+ Unannounced Exclusives

Are these part of the 380 new PS3 games promised to gamers?

At the annual shareholder's meeting in Tokyo today, Sony CEO Sir Howard Stringer announced that 380 new PlayStation 3 games will be available this business year stating, "Attractive game software is the key to accelerate PS3 growth over the next year." The breakdown is 200 retail, 180 online in the year to March 2008.

Sir Howard, we most certainly couldn't agree more and, after seeing some of what you have in store at the Gamer's Day event, we're confident you're not just yanking our chains. But 380 new games? In addition to the 150 currently on the system as reported by Reuters? Wikipedia has a list of 232 titles that are either released or currently in development, so our simple math would indicate an absence of some 300 titles. We think it's gonna be a busy E3 this year ...

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2007/06/21/sony-380-new-playstation-3-games-this-business-year/

Around the Network

I actually read the post. I am calling BS ...

Thanks, Twestern, for stirring up this pot of ish ...

Don't know it it's real, but I'm still very interested in what Team ICO has to offer.

I finally rented ICO a few months ago and it was amazing and I'll have to take out SoTC this week and play through it again as well.

IllegalPaladin said:
Don't know it it's real, but I'm still very interested in what Team ICO has to offer.

I finally rented ICO a few months ago and it was amazing and I'll have to take out SoTC this week and play through it again as well.

Let's be friends.

wonder what they are?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
IllegalPaladin said:

ICO and SoTC rock

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Why are people shocked that someone is making games for the PS3? It is a console you know... Anyhow, Team ICO means nothing to me, neither does anything remotely similar to Ape Escape, I'll take on my excited hat when some big hitters come bouncing later on.

brute said:
IllegalPaladin said:

ICO and SoTC rock

<3

Mummelmann said:
Why are people shocked that someone is making games for the PS3? It is a console you know... Anyhow, Team ICO means nothing to me, neither does anything remotely similar to Ape Escape, I'll take on my excited hat when some big hitters come bouncing later on.

Well, Sony has the biggest internal studios compared to the big three.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I haven't read the entire thread yet, but apparently Nintendo has about 100 games in development (in-house only) for Wii/DS, so it's not inconceivable that Sony would have 20 unnannounced exclusives, just as I'm sure MS has quite a few also.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."