By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Shhh, Sony Has 20+ Unannounced Exclusives

HappySqurriel said:

Being that Nintendo will (likely) release between 15 and 20 games for the Wii in 2008, with between 15 and 20 games for the Wii in 2009, and the fact that it will (typically) take between 12 and 24 months to develop their games who wants to bet that Nintendo has over 20 unannounced exclusive games in development?

Care to explain what Nintendos role is in this thread?

Around the Network

Seem unlikely. Sony has no reason to hide projects. Their sales are not that good. If they would announce all those exclusives now that would really help their sales and make people choose them instead of, let's say, Microsoft.

If Nintendo hides some projects I wouldn't be suprised, they have always done that and they could release some information at the time to always have their fans something to be waiting for. If Sony did sell a bit better I could understand if they had a similiar tactic.

tombi123 said:
@weezy

They have already announced enough big games this year to get most gamers excited. They already have a much more promising line up than the 360 and possibly the Wii in 08.

If true this would be amazing! Two games from Team ICO!! Oh my God!! One question; are all these unannounced games coming out in 08?

No not really, you see they have a lineup which appeals to those who would buy a PS3 anyways, they have very little coming that will convince new people to jump on board, those who owned a PS2 but were the almost 90 million+ who didn't own GTA, MGS, etc.

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

i thought it was 3rd party exclusives .. i dont see what the big deal is if its 1st and 2nd party exclusives.... im sure all 3 companies have exclusives that we dont know about..... even though i do think that sony will have the most being they have the most internal developement studios.. they might have a couple of 3rd party exclusives in there too..

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

S-L-I-P said:
tombi123 said:
@weezy

They have already announced enough big games this year to get most gamers excited. They already have a much more promising line up than the 360 and possibly the Wii.

If true this would be amazing! Two games from Team ICO!! Oh my God!! One question; are all these unannounced games coming out in 08?

If they have been developing for some time, then possibly some of them might be released in 08'. I think it is quite likely that a few of the 20 unannounced exclusive games will be released in 08'.

considering maybe about 9 of them will be PSN its probable.

@Soriku - Sony tends to include 2nd party in their announcements so its also possible that JRPGs are on the list. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

I'm guessing Sony probably has 20+ exclusive projects of which only 5 or 6 will see daylight.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

URNotE said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
weezy said:
sony is the last company that could be holding out with secrets.

right now if SONY had anything to show they would show it ASAP.

^what he said

uhhh no not what he said....

Yeah what he said, PS3 needs something to get new people to buy their system, right now all you are getting is those who would buy a PS3 anyways, sony fanboys basically, but there were over 90 million people on the PS2 who didn't buy MGS, GTA, FF, what do they have to net those people?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

KTurbo said:

Seem unlikely. Sony has no reason to hide projects. Their sales are not that good. If they would announce all those exclusives now that would really help their sales and make people choose them instead of, let's say, Microsoft.

If Nintendo hides some projects I wouldn't be suprised, they have always done that and they could release some information at the time to always have their fans something to be waiting for. If Sony did sell a bit better I could understand if they had a similiar tactic.

why does everyone (well not everyone) think sony all of a sudden is gonna show all the projects they have in developement?? i know sales are lower than expected but its not like the system is gonna just die off .. and theyre gonna be like OMG OMG we have to show it all... im sorry but thats just not good thinking on your part and others.. business wise and common sense wise..

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

I admire Sony's PR department for taking relatively useless information and making it sound like huge news.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
URNotE said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
weezy said:
sony is the last company that could be holding out with secrets.

right now if SONY had anything to show they would show it ASAP.

^what he said

uhhh no not what he said....

Yeah what he said, PS3 needs something to get new people to buy their system, right now all you are getting is those who would buy a PS3 anyways, sony fanboys basically, but there were over 90 million people on the PS2 who didn't buy MGS, GTA, FF, what do they have to net those people?

Does it make a difference? Those were the games that made the PS2 what it is today.