By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Riccitiello: Mass Effect 3 “single best piece of software” for Wii U

thanks but I'd rather have Pikmin 3

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

That's great to hear and everything since ME3 is in my short list for best game of 2012. It's an amazing game and a must play. The problem is that it's already available on the competition and by the time the Wii U game releases, it will be really old and much cheaper, too. On top of that, it's the ending of a trilogy where the actions of the earlier game has bearing on the final game. Even if it fixes every single glitch and complaint I had with the 360 version, it won't mean a thing because that guy I met in ME1 won't remember me in ME3.

ME3 is one of the best games of this gen but I don't suggest that anybody start the trilogy with anything less than Mass Effect 1 on the 360 or PC.

Ugh, no it isn't. PS3 owners didn't really get such a raw deal because the major choices in Mass Effect were few and easily conveyed through the interactive comic. I don't know how they could possibly catch Wii U owners up on all the craziness in Mass Effect 2, and being that this is EA and a Nintendo console, I doubt they'll even try. Worst version confirmed.

spurgeonryan said:
^ I will wiki the stories of the other two games before I play. Also I doubt the Wii U would get Mass Effect 2.

It's not the same,  That's like reading the wiki summary of all of the Harry Potter books before watching the last movie!  You'll get the gist of it but it won't make up for the 60-120 hours of gameplay you spent crafting your character, carrying over their skills, and building heir relationships.  I'll probably pre-order a Wii U as soon as I get an idea how much it costs (d21lewis, will you ever learn?  Stop buying these new consoles on day 1!) and I'm sure it will have the best version of a lot of games but I don't think they should bother bringing ME3 to the Wii U.

• Smaller userbase
  • "Old" game
  • Not so main stream series
  • Third part of a story heavy trilogy

It could be the best version ever but it will never sell 500,000 copies.  Just not worth it to have a good game on the system.  It will fill a gap in internet debates but the game will be totally irrelevant in the grander scheme of things.

A wrpg?

No. Categorically so.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Third game in the trilogy released on a console whose predecessor didn't get any games from this franchise...Yep best bro!

Flame said:
I'm surprised it got so much applause after that backlash a while ago. If a 9 month old game (around the time Wii U releases) is your best piece of software, that's not too much of a positive.

The bloggers have overwhelmingly been on EA's side since the start.

Unlike us peons, they don't need a happy-sunshine-fairy ending, which is exactly what folks were complaining about, y'see.

It gets *one of* the loudest applauses, which instantly means it's the *single best* game on Wii U?

I feel terrible for the game that got the most applause. It must have been terrible.

That's more depressive than anything. The last port of a trilogy being the best piece of software on a new console? What a damn shame.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
he´s right ...

He's only right because you think everything else is not worth your time, because you're predispositioned to think so, imho.

Otherwise, you would realize that ZombiU looks actually much better than a year old port, and at least Batman made use of the new controller so that's already more interesting than a year old port.

Having said all that, it's still Mass Effect, so who can deny the power of the series. But to say it so swipingly is devaluating the other great offerings we've seen this far.