By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Riccitiello: Mass Effect 3 “single best piece of software” for Wii U

noname2200 said:
Flame said:
I'm surprised it got so much applause after that backlash a while ago. If a 9 month old game (around the time Wii U releases) is your best piece of software, that's not too much of a positive.

The bloggers have overwhelmingly been on EA's side since the start.

Unlike us peons, they don't need a happy-sunshine-fairy ending, which is exactly what folks were complaining about, y'see.

Out of everyone complaining, hardly anyone is complaining about a "happy-sunshine-fairy ending". People are mad because the ending doesn't answer any questions raised through the entire trilogy. They're also mad because the ending created more questions rather than providing answers, and it was clear that the ending was rushed due to a few specific scenes (which I won't get into because that would spoil the ending). There's one thing when you create an ending that leaves some room for interpretation (see Inception or MGS4), but then there's another thing where you create an ending that leaves EVERYTHING for interpretation.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Well I have a 360. Maybe I should just stop being cheap and buy mass effect 1 and 2 for it. But I doubt I will. Wiki is my best option at this point. But I do agree with what you said d21. Damn Nintendo for putting me in this position.

By the time the Wiiu version comes out, I wouldn't be surprised if you could buy the entire trilogy for the price of the wiiu version. I don't see how you are in any sort of "position."

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Haha. No.

Worst Mass Effect of the lot and completely outclassed by Batman Arkham City. In gameplay, in writing, in graphics, in everything. This is not a game to be proud of John. 

He's actually right. What did beat ME in quality this gen? Uncharted? Gears of War? Batman? Pfft.

`But where can I find some pictures or trailers of the game?

Around the Network

As someone who doesn't have the option to play the first two, why would I be interested in this game?

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

he´s right because mass effect 3 is great and EPIC , mass effect is the best IP this gen IMO, just because the game is a 1 year old port makes him worse than a new game ? i played mass effect 2 on ps3 , an 1 year old port and it is my favourite game of this gen.

but you are right , nothing they showed in that conference is worth my time ( maibe pikmin ).

And ZombieU better than mass effect? just no...

The fact that's it's a 1 year old port devalues it in a library of launch games, when new IPs are being released, yes. It doesn't mean it's a lesser game, it just means it's a lesser OFFERING.

The day you'll understand the basic business concept around that, post a reply.

Only if the entire trilogy is available on the disc, ala HD Collection.

Love and tolerate.

This is not news. If you ask any dev they will tell you that their game is the best.

That said, Batman AC on PS3 was the highest rated game of the year.

Well it's definitely better than Batman

Probably better than the other HD ports unless AC3 really surprises

Serious, serious, serious doubts that it's better than Nintendo's titles (particularly Pikmin 3 and NSMBU).