By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo must approve Miiverse posts

Nintendo doesn't understand online. They never have, and it doesn't look like they will any time soon.

Around the Network
jlrx said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
why can't they have other users flag them and then ban them? this is just silly

Users reporting bad contet is already mentioned, and if users need to report content, what is the purpose of human filtering? I am going to guess there is some misinterpitation going on.

yeah I'm saying they should just leave it at that. This is just going against the whole concept imho. 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Going to wait and hope this is a translation error. If not then there is no point in the Miiverse being a social hub.

11:32 AM: Euphoria14 types - "Hey everyone, getting ready to play some multiplayer Call of Duty, who wants to get a group going?"

12:02 PM Miiverse displays

12:05 PM: M.U.G.E.N types - "I'll get in on this! Send me an invite!"

12:35 PM Miiverse displays

12:37 PM: HappyDolphin types - "Can I join in?"

1:07 PM Miiverse displays

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I think there should be two types. If you have friends online they can see whatever you post instantly with the software filter but have the humans do the moderation for if yo want your post to go global for everyone to see.

Train wreck said:
1. sounds expensive
2. sounds like a nanny state

More like a third world dictatorship. Nintendoland = North Korea.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

Going to wait and hope this is a translation error. If not then there is no point in the Miiverse being a social hub.

11:32 AM: Euphoria14 types - "Hey everyone, getting ready to play some multiplayer Call of Duty, who wants to get a group going?"

Yeah, this would suck. So Euphoria, D21 and kitler, I give you this, the delay and approval system is retarded.

But to those saying it's not up to Nintendo to monitor, to them my argument holds.

d21lewis said:
happydolphin said:
Why on forums is moderating okay, but on a platform it isn't beats me guys.

Stop being so hypocritical.

There's a difference.  On a forum, you can post what you want and people can decide if it's offensive or not.  Then action is taken.  This sounds like our posts will never see the light of day unless they're Nintendo approved.

It's like going on youtube and seeing a video (like I saw a vid of some Japanese invention that puts hair back on bald guy's heads.  It was obviously being played in reverse.  I tried to comment but "All comments must be approved".) and not being able to say anything except what the author wants you to say.  It will paint an unclear picture.  What if I'm not allowed to mention Xbox or Playstation?  What if I can only speak positively about Nintendo?  I don't like it.  It has the potential to be really bad.

If this happened, they would get sued big time. Not gonna happen on such a visited platform (estimated at least in the tens of millions).

But for everything else, yeah I agree with you D.

Euphoria14 said:

you will need to plan better! send that message out the moment you wake up and we will group up at night

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

miiverse=skynet

That's dumb.

Should just be software and flagging. Get flagged and its removed/warning. More warnings equal bans and eventual removal of service from your account.

Having a group of people massively delay the service is just bad.