• General (multiplatform etc.)
  • Nintendo
  • Sony
  • Microsoft
  • PC
  • Other (Mobile, social)
  • Off Topic
  • Sales

Or something like that. I put PC in Other at first but I think PC gaming is big enough here to warrant it's own thread. Other platforms can get their own subforum if needed. No need for more than one Off Topic section. This is a gaming site after all!

Ignore/Sticky Threads

Being able to completely Ignore certain threads (like Game threads) would be a great feature. Stickying some threads and keeping them at the top of your Hot Topics or something would also be of great use I think. The number of "Followers" of a thread could also be visible purely for fun, but that's not necessary whatsoever.

Like Button

Having a "Like" option isn't something I really need personally but I wouldn't mind it unless it comes with a "Dislike" button. Those can go to hell.

No More Quotetrees

When members are quoting each other without deleting older quotes the thread becomes unreadable fast. Put a limit on that!

More Sales!

Seriously, we need more tools and more sales data.

Bring back the Japan Preview! (Haters gonna hate!)

I liked that feature, despite the low accuracy. Some of them were definitely biased but theSource greatly improved his previews but then he stopped doing them...

The Ban Killed The Thread

I hate how every post of banned members disappear. It makes some threads unreadable, and no, using "Quote" is not a good option. I think marking the bad post is enough. Don't remove anything unless the content is highly offensive (nudity, nazi-stuff, etc).

I had more thoughts but I've forgotten half of them so I might be back for more!

Around the Network

Instant messenger. That is all.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

I agree with what Carl said about the Favourites List. I hate having to "Tag" a thread. It takes up even more room that is not needed in a thread where people are having good discussion.

What is a wall

TheProphet said:
What is a wall

It's like your FaceBook Wall. It's where you have your info and where people can talk to you.

Around the Network
TheProphet said:
What is a wall

That thing where one of our most famous users has welcomed you: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/97223/theprophet/#content

Carl2291 said:
Yeah I can. I have been for Years, it'd just be nice to have the option to have the ignore function. Its only a minor thing.

I browse this site a whole lot on my phone, so the buddy isn't really an option for me. I know theres the "My Topics" tab, and its mighty useful. What Im proposing though could go further than what I said. It wouldnt just have to be popular, frequent threads. Remember that time Rol made a funny thread? I want to be able to have it in my Favourites tab to go back to! Remember when we made that bet about Wii outselling the Zeebo? I want that post saved.

Again, neither are anything major or vital. Just small suggestions.

That's something that GameFAQs has been doing for a while now, with the ability to "track topics" so you can always go back to those topics, no matter if they get archived or get lost on a busy board. Something along the lines of that would definitely be helpful.

Here's an idea. Keep the NSFW forum and put a lock on it so people with over 1000 post is only allowed in and allow for no rules in there, just to get that little troll out of everyone around here.

forest-spirit said:

Some thoughts (some might be stolen):

Forum Structure

Limit the amount of subforums to:

• General (multiplatform etc.)
  • Nintendo
  • Sony
  • Microsoft
  • PC
  • Other (Mobile, social)
  • Off Topic
  • Sales

Or something like that. I put PC in Other at first but I think PC gaming is big enough here to warrant it's own thread. Other platforms can get their own subforum if needed. No need for more than one Off Topic section. This is a gaming site after all!

Ignore/Sticky Threads

Being able to completely Ignore certain threads (like Game threads) would be a great feature. Stickying some threads and keeping them at the top of your Hot Topics or something would also be of great use I think. The number of "Followers" of a thread could also be visible purely for fun, but that's not necessary whatsoever.

Like Button

Having a "Like" option isn't something I really need personally but I wouldn't mind it unless it comes with a "Dislike" button. Those can go to hell.

No More Quotetrees

When members are quoting each other without deleting older quotes the thread becomes unreadable fast. Put a limit on that!

More Sales!

Seriously, we need more tools and more sales data.

Bring back the Japan Preview! (Haters gonna hate!)

I liked that feature, despite the low accuracy. Some of them were definitely biased but theSource greatly improved his previews but then he stopped doing them...

The Ban Killed The Thread

I hate how every post of banned members disappear. It makes some threads unreadable, and no, using "Quote" is not a good option. I think marking the bad post is enough. Don't remove anything unless the content is highly offensive (nudity, nazi-stuff, etc).

I had more thoughts but I've forgotten half of them so I might be back for more!

I like this post.

I'd say this site should take some notes from Gamefaqs. The site is incredibly simple and customizable. You can have threads where you only see posts, & user names. No space between posts. Very small signature. No avatars, etc. This lack of extras makes the site super fast as well. I don't think VGChartz should become that barren, but I'd like an option to have a step towards simplicity.

Also customization. As of now, it seems we can only disable/enable signatures. We should have a lot more options. Examples: disabling avatars. Disabling badges from showing in threads. Disable currently playing games. As of now, the entire left area of posts is really overcrowded. We should be able to get rid of a lot of those things.

So yeah, I'd say take a few notes from Gamefaqs because I like their set-up. Whenever you aren't sure what we want, just give us options. Everyone loves options.

Brin back the Japanese preview and Japan's first day sales.

Also, wuth the charts, give us the possibility to check sales for every platform and publisher. Many people including me used that data for some analysises, now I only check the charts once a week.