By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz Forum Changes

Khuutra said:
Kantor said:

Is it worrying that this has been the longest discussion I've had on VGC for well over a year? Perhaps there is something to all of this condensed thread stuff.

And for the record

My original idea for rule modification included kicking the shit out of people who participating in console aggrandization for the sake of prick-waving

I'm still for this idea, aw yeah, get all the people who use non-stop hyperbole about their favorite manufacturers and launch them into the sun

Edit: Also I just saw that huge Source/Seece fallout thread that went up while I was taking my break

I can see why you thought I was really criticizing the mods, coming off of osmehting as ridiculous as that and the waves it must have made for staff, but you have my word that I wasn't

That really depends on the content of the post. For example:

"I really love the PS3, it has such a great variety of genres and the best lineup of any current gen console" is fine.

"DA PS3 IZ DA BEST SO COOL PLAY B3YOND SONY4LIFFFEE" is pretty awful, yes.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Looser moderation please. I have been banned for several reasons like these:

-posting a funny picture
-starting a thread about a games user metacritic score
-having a long sig(wich was shorter then most here)
-doubting VGchartz HW weekly numbers one time around holiday seasons

All I want is the transition to go smooth so I do not loose my user name again :( like in 2008 where I could not reset my password and had to rejoin under another username.

i'm sure people agree but to make sure if we have a like system it cannot disrupt a flow of a thread,i want to read a thread in order of what is said,but then i am an oldy who doesn't want to flip around

more stuff to use in rich text to make things prettier

i love the spammer debate,why is alright to spam in established big threads/games but in no others,anyone with over 10,000 posts thinks they didn't spam,lol,

what are we changing to again,for forums we still need nintendo/sony/micro/PC and other split, gaming/sales off topic,

can we have a disclaimer in the sig of people under 21 saying i don't know anything about much outside of the games i play and especially about life,how about i start paying for my utility/internet bills let alone the rent/mortgage and putting food on the table,when i do i will get back to you on my views about life and such

Above & Beyond

Kantor said:

That really depends on the content of the post. For example:

"I really love the PS3, it has such a great variety of genres and the best lineup of any current gen console" is fine.

"DA PS3 IZ DA BEST SO COOL PLAY B3YOND SONY4LIFFFEE" is pretty awful, yes.

Believe you me

I mean the latter

Around the Network

Beg Seece to come back.

The username issues I found was may be due to two things: IP readout by VGC (to prevent alts), and my emails blacklisting VGC

pezus said:
zuvuyeay said:
i'm sure people agree but to make sure if we have a like system it cannot disrupt a flow of a thread,i want to read a thread in order of what is said,but then i am an oldy who doesn't want to flip around

i love the spammer debate,why is alright to spam in established big threads/games but in no others,anyone with over 10,000 posts thinks they didn't spam,lol,

what are we changing to again,for forums we still need nintendo/sony/micro/PC and other split, gaming/sales off topic,

can we have a disclaimer in the sig of people under 21 saying i don't know anything about much outside of the games i play and especially about life,how about i start paying for my utility/internet bills let alone the rent/mortgage and putting food on the table,when i do i will get back to you on my views about life and such

Why would that be relevant exactly?

well it would be a forum change is that relevant enough,if not its just a  bit of humour,bill hicks tells it better,alot better

Above & Beyond

PSwii60 said:
PSwii60 said:

It would be most beneficial, to me anyway, to have Expandable/Collapsible buttons on the main page with at least 5 trending topics within the respective specific forums, with at least 5 stickies above.

Expandable/Collapsible is so that a member can have an option to not view a topic this wish not see; on that note, have such feature savable.

Also, I too agree that NSFW should not appear on the front page.

In addition, many, with I included, would like to reduce clutter and prevent multiple same topics, I would then suggest to statically keep the headline/topic located in the top section in a thread.

I would also like to add a simple 'Search' function within a thread with the ability to use wildcards such as question mark, asterisk, etc. This would allow us if we were looking for a specific info within a specific topic within a thread.

It would be greatly appreciated when a Notification is received, and by clicking the link, it actually directly sends you to said comment, etc., no matter how far down the comment was; as well as a link to the comment under the "Recent Forum Posts"

pezus said:
zuvuyeay said:

Why would that be relevant exactly?

Because little kids are always forcing their opinion on utility bills down his throat by the looks of it.

...Or he's just being extremely ignorant.