By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz Forum Changes

I wouldnt mind one big forum... but just in case we dont. lets work to keep all forums specific of their purpose to make greater use out of all of them.

-more Specific forums

general gaming

Nintendo

PlayStation

Xbox

PC

These 3 forums should be about thier respective  hardware and software. Nothing else AKA - MS lasuit, sony TV sale ..whatever..dont belong in these forums

-get rid of Mobile,MMO,online and game specific..they are not needed.. exclusive PS MMO? put it in PS forums

-combine both the sales forums into one( sales talk goes..all of it)

-combine off topic into one

VGC is to hard to load, cut back on all the backround stuff like that auto play shit

thread rank system  1 out of 5 stars

stricter moderation

less/no game threads - also put in off topic(even if its about games)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Khuutra said:

If you make a topic specifically to rile up other users you'd end up getting knocked in the head

Even if it is done with good intentions?

Jokes are one thing - if I go into a PS3 thread and say "Well the problem here is the PS3 has no games," every one can laugh because that's obviously not true, and it refers to an old meme that slandered the PS3. It's understood to be non-serious.

Once you start getting people riled up real bad, though

I think it would have to be cracked down on like everything else

RolStoppable said:
Khuutra said:

Jokes are one thing - if I go into a PS3 thread and say "Well the problem here is the PS3 has no games," every one can laugh because that's obviously not true, and it refers to an old meme that slandered the PS3. It's understood to be non-serious.

Once you start getting people riled up real bad, though

I think it would have to be cracked down on like everything else

If you concede that people should be able to understand the "PS3 has no games" meme, then what would be the problem with a thread posted by Rol?

You post them with the understanding that a stunning number of your replies will come from pissed off people who want to fight you.

RolStoppable said:

Yes, but I don't want to fight them. Well, not through responses to them. The original post is the retaliation to their behavior.

Retaliation wouldn't really be acceptable under these new standards, though.

Mr Khan said:
Was i the only one who liked Maxwell? He crushed anti-Nintendo stealth trolling with a vengeance, and crushing stealth trolling is just what's needed.

The one who rubbed me the wrong way was Seece, as he was king of stealth trolling with tacit administrative approval

I agree with Khuutra that too many attempt to use the mantle of "opinion" with which they can say whatever they please. Opinions can be objectively wrong, and there is a time and place for everything.

A lot of Nintendo fans liked Maxwell. He was largely disliked by a lot of the "everyone else" category.

He was overly defensive of anything Nintendo did. He couldn't take anyone saying anything bad about Nintendo (this thread is a classic), yet could walk into a Sony thread and do nothing about persistant trolling. You can't be a moderator on a videogame forum when you're too attached to a certain console/company. He targeted certain users and ignored others.

I know that you'll take my word on this very lightly for obvious reasons, but hey. I know better than anyone how Maxwell moderated.

I agree with you on Seece. He bullied the "smaller" users and trolled on a regular basis. We all know why he got away with it, really. Source's thread before Seece left really proved what a bunch of people already knew. Seece could be an alright guy some of the time, but a total tail 10 seconds later.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Retaliation also wouldn't be necessary under these new standards.

Yessssss, with the bannings

One more reason not to post such threads

Kantor said:

Is it worrying that this has been the longest discussion I've had on VGC for well over a year? Perhaps there is something to all of this condensed thread stuff.

And for the record

My original idea for rule modification included kicking the shit out of people who participating in console aggrandization for the sake of prick-waving

I'm still for this idea, aw yeah, get all the people who use non-stop hyperbole about their favorite manufacturers and launch them into the sun

Edit: Also I just saw that huge Source/Seece fallout thread that went up while I was taking my break

I can see why you thought I was really criticizing the mods, coming off of osmehting as ridiculous as that and the waves it must have made for staff, but you have my word that I wasn't

I return.

Recently arguing with spurge, something came to mind. Not sure if it was already brought up.

Id like a tool to "Favourite" or "Ignore" a thread.

Do I like Nintendo stuff on my Hot Topics? Sure! Do I want to see a thread about Metroid: Other M sucking? Nah. It would be hella cool to be able to hide this thread from appearing on my Hot Topics. Same goes for the "Favourite" function. Do I love clicking into the COMG Preorder Chartz thread? Hell yeah. Can I always find it? Hell no. It would be nice and convenient to just click my "Favourites" tab and stroll into copl threads, withoit having to use a shoddy search tool.

Carl2291 said:
I return.

Recently arguing with spurge, something came to mind. Not sure if it was already brought up.

Id like a tool to "Favourite" or "Ignore" a thread.

Do I like Nintendo stuff on my Hot Topics? Sure! Do I want to see a thread about Metroid: Other M sucking? Nah. It would be hella cool to be able to hide this thread from appearing on my Hot Topics. Same goes for the "Favourite" function. Do I love clicking into the COMG Preorder Chartz thread? Hell yeah. Can I always find it? Hell no. It would be nice and convenient to just click my "Favourites" tab and stroll into copl threads, withoit having to use a shoddy search tool.

Can't you just ignore (not actually by doing something on the site) threads you don't like? Even if it's a popular thread, I just glance over it and pay no attention to it at all.

As for a "Favorite" function, I think it would be a good thing to add, although if you always post in a thread, wouldn't it always be on your VGChartz Buddy on the left side of your screen? Even when you click on the VGChartz Buddy thing on the top, it will list all of the threads you posted in, in chronological order of the most recent post.

Yeah I can. I have been for Years, it'd just be nice to have the option to have the ignore function. Its only a minor thing.

I browse this site a whole lot on my phone, so the buddy isn't really an option for me. I know theres the "My Topics" tab, and its mighty useful. What Im proposing though could go further than what I said. It wouldnt just have to be popular, frequent threads. Remember that time Rol made a funny thread? I want to be able to have it in my Favourites tab to go back to! Remember when we made that bet about Wii outselling the Zeebo? I want that post saved.

Again, neither are anything major or vital. Just small suggestions.