By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U will be in 3rd place next gen

Andre is

Absolutely spot on 34 10.93%

Probably right 56 18.01%

Probably wrong 122 39.23%

Absolutely crazy 99 31.83%

Total:311

Well you are missing that future is unpredictable.

Around the Network

gamers? will avoid wii-u most likely
casual players will pick it up easy. the controller does look terrible for shooters but i think some third party support will exist this time around.

This was just brought up by Mr Khan but I want to back him up.

Nintendo has the games to make or destroy a console. They also have the money to convince 3rd parties to develop exclusively for their console.
The iPad has it's games, just as the iPhone has it's games, just as the 3DS has it's games. And what did people say about 3DS? "The iPad and iPhone will destroy it" I don't see that happening.

It depends entirely on software, the ps1 and ps2 were cheaper and far less powerufl yet they recived msot of third party support. Going by rumors next gen wont be such a high leap on raw power and everyone might be playing on the same ground. There's also the facttha wiiU launching first and probably getting the lowest pricepoitn by the time all 3 are out.
I dont thik they will have wii sales now, but i dont see them ending on 3rd place yet. If they have the right software they will succed.

duckypwns said:
VGKing said:

1. We KNOW PS4 and 720 are in development. It's just common sense.

2. No one is ignoring Sony's financial troubles. The reason they freaked out over Nintendo is because they are a pure gaming company. The thing about them going 3rd party, yeah those are exaggeratins. Dont' take these analysts too seriously.

3. Xbox 360 sales in Japan are irrelvant. Why bring it up?

1. "It's just common sense"? I would argue that common sense says not to create a new piece of hardware with little to no conceptual changes from the last, when the last was not very profitable - especially after posting huge losses. We don't KNOW that the PS4 or 720 are in development, inevitably these ideas have been considered by Sony and Microsoft, but they may not be the best decisions when it comes down to it. Your idea of "common sense" is to never question the system of "WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE 3 CONSOLES AND THEY MUST ALL GET THEIR OWN EXCLUSIVES" even though it's really doing nothing for gaming at this point. It's a good thing your fallacious ideologies don't actually affect the business or gaming worlds in any way.

2. "No one is ignoring Sony's financial troubles." I like how it's ALWAYS YOU that needs to clarify this, lol. But sure, totally, nobody feels the need to defend Sony here! And clearly I'm just a die hard Sony hater for pointing this out! LMFAO

3. It was loosely related, as he was indirectly referring to the integrated OS / Windows for 720 rumor that has been floating around. At this point I'm sorry to say that I don't feel that you have the discretion to decide whether or not something is relevant. Let him talk about what he wants to, he is obviously more informed than you.

It's funny how you go around behaving condescendingly towards people yet you're obviously the least informed person here. When did you start gaming if I may ask, oh "VGKing"? Generation 6 or so?

1. PS4 and Next Xbox have been in development for years now. Sorry you don't belive it. Theh truth is that these consoles take years from research to development to launch.

2. No. I'm the furthest thing from a Sony hater. If you knew me, you would know that. 
There are plenty of articles spelling doom and gloom for Sony and questioning the future of Playstation. Google it.

3. It was unrelated. Just admit it. 

What a hypocrite. Saying I'm behaving "conssdescendingly towards people" then you ask me how long I've been gaming. As in "I know more than you".
Who is being condescending now?

Anyway, to answer your question, the first system I owned was a Nintendo 64. So that is generation 5.

(P.S. You should really get an avatar. Or do you plan on getting banned soon?)

Around the Network
usrevenge said:
gamers? will avoid wii-u most likely
casual players will pick it up easy. the controller does look terrible for shooters but i think some third party support will exist this time around.

how does it look terrible for FPS?

it is exactly the same as a normal controller (button wise) but with a screen in the middle.

I remember when people use complain about N64 controller for shooters. They didn't know how to hold it. Remember those people who used their thumb and index finger together to control the joystick? Then it was like watching evolution happen infront of your eyes when they learnt they could do it with just their thumb haha. Then once they got use to it, they couldn't put it down.

man-bear-pig said:
Wii U will come last without a doubt. It will be a close race (to be 3rd) between it and the PS4 though.

A few years ago everyone would have told you with complete confidence that the PS3 would dominate this generation.

But things happen. Mistakes are made.

Any predictions made at this point are purely fueled by personal bias. Wishful thinking.

Considering that the PS4 will have next to no support, with PS3-like specs, i disagree.

Moral of the story - Wait until we know whats on offer.

duckypwns said:
VGKing said:

How many people have their PC next to their HDTV? I know I do but my GPU only has 1 HDMI input and that's used to connect to the monitor.
Ok then...laptops? Well these don't really have much of an advantage over consoles power-wise and they are limited by battery life. 

Oh and I forgot to mention the fact that most PC games still require a mouse and or keyboard on top of a gamepad.

Why would your friends make fun of themselves?

Console kids? Ok, I'm done here.

Reported.

"How many people have their PC next to their HDTV? I know I do"

And I do too. So what kind of point did you think you had? And why did you pretend you couldn't do this before this? I smell bias.

Oh and I forgot to mention, you're posting on the internet with a computer right now. The difference between your computer and a gaming computer is that a gaming computer is much better, and costs much less. You're willing to rush out to Best Buy and blow $800 on a piece of shit computer, but you're not willing to pay a bit less and get a genuinely good PC.

And who doesn't own a keyboard and mouse? Are you even thinking about what you're saying? Why on earth would you want to make such a statement that's so easy to tear apart, knowing that I'm going to point it out and now you have to defend it?

Reported? For what? Making you insecure? Making you think? You can't really report someone for that.

Seriously though you are just incredibly childish, you stir up all this drama, you behave condescendingly towards people and it's pretty clear you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You even claimed that I was a "diehard Sony hater" at one point (outside of this thread), all because I said I didn't care about, trust, or respect Sony's discretion involving their patent on game pausing advertisements.

You're just not defending anything worth defending.

I'm laughing my ass off right now. You seem to think you know me, but you really don't AT ALL.

1a. My argument still stands. Most GPUs only have 1 HDMI connector. So to game on an HDTV, you'd have to unplug it from the monitor then connect it to the  TV. It's such a hassle, and I've never done it for that very reason.
 b. I thought we were talking about using a gamepad here for HDTV gaming? Using a keyboard and mouse in the air is extremely uncomfortable and so is the sofa.
 c. Of course you "smell bias". I obviously prefer console gaming, just like you obviouslyl prefer PC gaming.(which is weird since VgChartz community is console focused)

2. This is fucking hilarious. So much wrong this part.
 a. No, my computer does not cost more than a gaming computer. In fact the computer I'm typing on right now is a laptop. Only cost me $500 almost 2 years ago.
 b. Here's the shocking part, I own a gaming computer and no, it didn't cost me $800 nor did I buy it at Best Buy. I have no idea where you got the idea that I dont' know my way around computers. You think console gamers are stupid or something?

3. Reported again. This time, for what you're accusing me of, being condescending. 

VGKing said:

1. PS4 and Next Xbox have been in development for years now. Sorry you don't belive it. Theh truth is that these consoles take years from research to development to launch.

2. No. I'm the furthest thing from a Sony hater. If you knew me, you would know that. 
There are plenty of articles spelling doom and gloom for Sony and questioning the future of Playstation. Google it.

3. It was unrelated. Just admit it. 

What a hypocrite. Saying I'm behaving "conssdescendingly towards people" then you ask me how long I've been gaming. As in "I know more than you".
Who is being condescending now?

Anyway, to answer your question, the first system I owned was a Nintendo 64. So that is generation 5.

(P.S. You should really get an avatar. Or do you plan on getting banned soon?)

1. "Believe"? lol. Sorry, not in to brand devotion based faith. I'm more about the facts. I told you that inevitably MS and Sony have thought about possible future consoles - That doesn't mean they will happen. Do you not think that they consider what may happen one or two generations in advance depending on their actions? Every company does this. What you don't seem to understand is that just because you think something is a good idea doesn't mean that it will be profitable. You don't seem to understand that Sony really cannot afford to put out another console at this point. I'm not saying they won't do it necessarily, I'm just saying that it would be an incredibly foolish decision to do so.

2. That's exactly what I was saying, you constantly accuse me of "hating Sony" for silly ass reasons, yet when you defend them, people are clearly supposed to just think that you're some kind of unbiased, fair, neutral person. That's real cool dude.

3. No, it was somewhat relevant. You completely missed his point.

And yes, you are being condesending, almost all of your posts consist of snide little remarks and obnoxious implications. I just thought someone should let you know that it is completely unwarranted because it doesn't seem that anyone has ever presented you with that idea before.

And ok, you started gaming in generation 5. That explains a lot. In fact, that's pretty much the only reason you think the things you do. I'm not trying to be rude, it's just the truth. You are incredibly uninformed and you are unintentionally biased towards inferior concepts.

And no, I'm not getting an avatar (at least not now), it's pointless.