Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U will be in 3rd place next gen

Andre is

Absolutely spot on 34 10.93%

Probably right 56 18.01%

Probably wrong 122 39.23%

Absolutely crazy 99 31.83%

Total:311
VGKing said:

I'm laughing my ass off right now. You seem to think you know me, but you really don't AT ALL.

1a. My argument still stands. Most GPUs only have 1 HDMI connector. So to game on an HDTV, you'd have to unplug it from the monitor then connect it to the  TV. It's such a hassle, and I've never done it for that very reason.
 b. I thought we were talking about using a gamepad here for HDTV gaming? Using a keyboard and mouse in the air is extremely uncomfortable and so is the sofa.
 c. Of course you "smell bias". I obviously prefer console gaming, just like you obviouslyl prefer PC gaming.(which is weird since VgChartz community is console focused)

2. This is fucking hilarious. So much wrong this part.
 a. No, my computer does not cost more than a gaming computer. In fact the computer I'm typing on right now is a laptop. Only cost me $500 almost 2 years ago.
 b. Here's the shocking part, I own a gaming computer and no, it didn't cost me $800 nor did I buy it at Best Buy. I have no idea where you got the idea that I dont' know my way around computers. You think console gamers are stupid or something?

3. Reported again. This time, for what you're accusing me of, being condescending. 

1. a - No, you don't have to do any of that. That is just blatant ignorance. You don't have to have a monitor at all to use a desktop computer.

b - Tables, and you can sit on a sofa to use keyboard / mouse which I am doing right now.

c - Ok then, but admitting that you are biased doesn't give you the right to run around saying "Hey everybody, it's impossible to use an HDTV and a gamepad with a PC!" I mean did you say that and expect me not to correct you? Huge mistake.

2. a - That is about what you could spend to get a decent gaming computer.

b -Where did you get it? Alienware? Be more specific, you're obviously hiding something.

3. You can't report someone for that. lol

Around the Network

The Wii U might sell much less than the Wii and DS, but this doesn't automatically mean they will be last place. However, depending on how much less it sells compared to the Wii and DS, there is a greater chance they will be in third place.

You're right though, the Wii U is not anything new to the average consumer. Nintendo will have to rely on new and unique games tailored for the Wii U instead in order to draw in customers. This will help distract them from the fact that all they are playing is an iPad with buttons and a TV.

Who cares, all the Nintendo fans are gonna buy it, then the nutter's who have to buy everything that's new, then maybe a few casuals will buy it, I'm going between 40 to 50mil :)

Carl2291 said:
Considering that the PS4 will have next to no support, with PS3-like specs, i disagree.

I'm sorry but - what?

I'll just point out the most obvious reason why Microsoft WON'T be number 1 next gen - and probably NEVER will be: JAPAN.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
I'll just point out the most obvious reason why Microsoft WON'T be number 1 next gen - and probably NEVER will be: JAPAN.

Japan doesn't really have "control" over the consoles sales as much as America and Europe. It wouldn't matter if it sold poorly over there. As evidence from this gen.

I'm not sure Nintendo would just sit idly by and not retaliate with software if their marketshare was dwindling rapidly down to last place. When desperate these days, they drop Mario Karts and Galaxy-level games that sell above 5 or 10 million to push consoles again.

I do not see Sony having that, because they are disadvantaged from the get go due to Wii Ultra's headstart, and the (presumed) fact that cloud gaming will be the main feature they are promoting (even though it is in its infancy stage). They had DVD, they have BluRay, now what? Also, outside of Gran Turismo, God of War, and Uncharted (none of which reach out to children), how can they conjure a MEGA system seller? 3rd party software.

Winning is more guaranteed if Wii Ultra has none of that, but it would seem unconscionable to see that happening again with the way each console's power would be set up by that time.....

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

NintendoPie said:
DanneSandin said:

Japan doesn't really have "control" over the consoles sales as much as America and Europe. It wouldn't matter if it sold poorly over there. As evidence from this gen.

It's true that Japan don't sell as much units as Europe and America, but had the Xbox sold as much in Japan as PS3 and Wii has, they'd have sold somewhere around 75 million Xbox's... It's still not number 1, but it would be a clear lead over the PS3. They will always lag behing because of Japan.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

This kind of threads is what makes gamrconnect go 'round.

DanneSandin said:
NintendoPie said:
DanneSandin said:

It's true that Japan don't sell as much units as Europe and America, but had the Xbox sold as much in Japan as PS3 and Wii has, they'd have sold somewhere around 75 million Xbox's... It's still not number 1, but it would be a clear lead over the PS3. They will always lag behing because of Japan.

You just proved yourself wrong.