Probably right 56 18.01%

Probably wrong 122 39.23%

Absolutely crazy 99 31.83%

Total:311
NintendoPie said:
DanneSandin said:
NintendoPie said:
DanneSandin said:
I'll just point out the most obvious reason why Microsoft WON'T be number 1 next gen - and probably NEVER will be: JAPAN.

Japan doesn't really have "control" over the consoles sales as much as America and Europe. It wouldn't matter if it sold poorly over there. As evidence from this gen.

It's true that Japan don't sell as much units as Europe and America, but had the Xbox sold as much in Japan as PS3 and Wii has, they'd have sold somewhere around 75 million Xbox's... It's still not number 1, but it would be a clear lead over the PS3. They will always lag behing because of Japan.

You just proved yourself wrong.

What I tried to say was that if they sold well in Japan they'd have a better chance of winning the generation - but it won't happen because they don't sell well enough. And the only reason they wouldn't be nr 1 is because of the anomaly that were the Wii.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

i think japan is always a big bump for nintendo and sony in therms of worldwide sales, actually microsoft dont have any chance to be the number 1 in sales because of that

Totaldemon said:
i think japan is always a big bump for nintendo and sony in therms of worldwide sales, actually microsoft dont have any chance to be the number 1 in sales because of that

The Wii sold 12 milion units in Japan. Are you saying that X360 couldn't possibly outsell any console by more than that outside of Japan?

Like, if we go on Nintendo Failure part, yes Nintendo failed when they got better consoles in terms of power comparing with Sony consoles, and about what you say on lacking 3DS power, I think 3DS has power enough for now, If you see Mario 3D Land, Resident Evil Revelations, Kid Icarus, without 3D running on 3DS not the internet pictures it looks great, looking at Vita all powerfull house, i'm disapointed, with games like Uncharted and Resistance Burning Skies, especially Resistance that looks almost to a Wii game sligtly improved... you can argue that its first games on gen, but 3DS is to in first lifesteps if Nintendo is the less powerfull like PS1 and pS2 the less powerfull Nintendo will win in terms of sales once again, ofcorse they'll not do as great as Wii/DS but they'll be in front of their rivals

I can see them 1st place this generation. Now that nintendo has an HD console a lot of "harcore gamers" are finally going to get their mario fix... Obviously they will keep it hidden somewhere so noone can see it and they will continue calling nintendo kiddy-casual and such...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network
duckypwns said:
VGKing said:

I'm laughing my ass off right now. You seem to think you know me, but you really don't AT ALL.

1a. My argument still stands. Most GPUs only have 1 HDMI connector. So to game on an HDTV, you'd have to unplug it from the monitor then connect it to the  TV. It's such a hassle, and I've never done it for that very reason.
 b. I thought we were talking about using a gamepad here for HDTV gaming? Using a keyboard and mouse in the air is extremely uncomfortable and so is the sofa.
 c. Of course you "smell bias". I obviously prefer console gaming, just like you obviouslyl prefer PC gaming.(which is weird since VgChartz community is console focused)

2. This is fucking hilarious. So much wrong this part.
 a. No, my computer does not cost more than a gaming computer. In fact the computer I'm typing on right now is a laptop. Only cost me $500 almost 2 years ago.
 b. Here's the shocking part, I own a gaming computer and no, it didn't cost me $800 nor did I buy it at Best Buy. I have no idea where you got the idea that I dont' know my way around computers. You think console gamers are stupid or something?

3. Reported again. This time, for what you're accusing me of, being condescending. 

1. a - No, you don't have to do any of that. That is just blatant ignorance. You don't have to have a monitor at all to use a desktop computer.

b - Tables, and you can sit on a sofa to use keyboard / mouse which I am doing right now.

c - Ok then, but admitting that you are biased doesn't give you the right to run around saying "Hey everybody, it's impossible to use an HDTV and a gamepad with a PC!" I mean did you say that and expect me not to correct you? Huge mistake.

2. a - That is about what you could spend to get a decent gaming computer.

b -Where did you get it? Alienware? Be more specific, you're obviously hiding something.

3. You can't report someone for that. lol

I will add to your argument. Totally agree PC plus gamepad on HDTV. Many people do this now.

Guess what else you can hookup to a TV. A galaxy S phone + MHL + joypad (basically a playsation controller). and wolla, gaming  on hdtv using your phone. A lot of the newer gaming coming out are starting to support the joypad. Not to mention all the emulators for classics which also work with joypad.

The main reason people use to buy consoles was because when you put the game in you knew it would work out of the box. A console cycle lasts about 5 years on average means you know a game that comes out at the end of the life cycle will still work on your console (unless it is skyrim on PS3). With PC sometimes there was compadibility issue or your hardware simply got old real quick and you could not play some games. Considering consoles are becoming more and more like PCs with patches etc.. it almost makes it more viable to get a PC as game patches NEVER vanish of the internet. With consoles and game patching what guarantee have you got that you can patch the game again in 10 years time when you want to relieve a classic game with your future son/daughter? Imagine skyrim on PS3, unless you leave it installed with the patches, I doubt you will be able to hook up the PS3 online 10 years from now to dowknload the patches again. Meaning you got a useless game which cannot be played.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

This kind of threads is what makes gamrconnect go 'round.

I can't believe the amount of posts it's getting lol!

Even well after I stopped responding

Totaldemon said:

Yet Sony came in 3rd despite the "bump" from Japanese sales. Japan just does not make a console the "winner." They have a little more power over the placement of HH's but that's a different story.

Cobretti2 said:
duckypwns said:
VGKing said:

I'm laughing my ass off right now. You seem to think you know me, but you really don't AT ALL.

1a. My argument still stands. Most GPUs only have 1 HDMI connector. So to game on an HDTV, you'd have to unplug it from the monitor then connect it to the  TV. It's such a hassle, and I've never done it for that very reason.
 b. I thought we were talking about using a gamepad here for HDTV gaming? Using a keyboard and mouse in the air is extremely uncomfortable and so is the sofa.
 c. Of course you "smell bias". I obviously prefer console gaming, just like you obviouslyl prefer PC gaming.(which is weird since VgChartz community is console focused)

2. This is fucking hilarious. So much wrong this part.
 a. No, my computer does not cost more than a gaming computer. In fact the computer I'm typing on right now is a laptop. Only cost me $500 almost 2 years ago.
 b. Here's the shocking part, I own a gaming computer and no, it didn't cost me $800 nor did I buy it at Best Buy. I have no idea where you got the idea that I dont' know my way around computers. You think console gamers are stupid or something?

3. Reported again. This time, for what you're accusing me of, being condescending. 

1. a - No, you don't have to do any of that. That is just blatant ignorance. You don't have to have a monitor at all to use a desktop computer.

b - Tables, and you can sit on a sofa to use keyboard / mouse which I am doing right now.

c - Ok then, but admitting that you are biased doesn't give you the right to run around saying "Hey everybody, it's impossible to use an HDTV and a gamepad with a PC!" I mean did you say that and expect me not to correct you? Huge mistake.

2. a - That is about what you could spend to get a decent gaming computer.

b -Where did you get it? Alienware? Be more specific, you're obviously hiding something.

3. You can't report someone for that. lol

I will add to your argument. Totally agree PC plus gamepad on HDTV. Many people do this now.

Guess what else you can hookup to a TV. A galaxy S phone + MHL + joypad (basically a playsation controller). and wolla, gaming  on hdtv using your phone. A lot of the newer gaming coming out are starting to support the joypad. Not to mention all the emulators for classics which also work with joypad.

The main reason people use to buy consoles was because when you put the game in you knew it would work out of the box. A console cycle lasts about 5 years on average means you know a game that comes out at the end of the life cycle will still work on your console (unless it is skyrim on PS3). With PC sometimes there was compadibility issue or your hardware simply got old real quick and you could not play some games. Considering consoles are becoming more and more like PCs with patches etc.. it almost makes it more viable to get a PC as game patches NEVER vanish of the internet. With consoles and game patching what guarantee have you got that you can patch the game again in 10 years time when you want to relieve a classic game with your future son/daughter? Imagine skyrim on PS3, unless you leave it installed with the patches, I doubt you will be able to hook up the PS3 online 10 years from now to dowknload the patches again. Meaning you got a useless game which cannot be played.

Woah, careful slinging all of those facts around - might get accused of making an "incorherent ramble" by someone who doesn't even know how to type.

You guys are underestimating Japan. If a console/handheld comes that really interests them and has mass appeal, it will certainly benefit in terms of sales. Japan is a gaming nation. They have an entire district dedicated to gaming, among other things.